Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Parth

Strange Charging Issue with plugs when travelling

I had this strange issue while charging and I thought someone would be able to throw some light on what the reason might be. I was travelling the other day with my Galaxy Nexus, and my eyes lit up on seeing the charging dock at the airport. Strangely enough, on plugging the charging cable, the phone did start charging, but the screen became unresponsive and sluggish- it would not take the touch input properly. On unplugging the cable, it would work perfectly.

While this was strange, a day later in the train I used my own charger in the socket in the compartment and the exact same thing happened. The phone and the charger work perfectly everywhere else. The Indian railway socket is 110V ~50Hz, and I have used it on other trains before and never has this happened before. Any insight on this ??

Sometime it happens with me also. I think it may possible for that faulty socket/power source.

Triggered from SPH-D710

I have faced this problem with my tablet while trying to charge in a train

I had this problem even at home for my EVO 4G. This is because of incorrect charging current and happens with low quality/ cheap chargers. If used for prolonged period these type of chargers may damage our handset.

This is disscussed earlier. This is grounding problem . and some times faulty charger. Google for more info.

hi, I've faced this lot many times... basically in trains the voltage is around 110v so may be because of that you might face such problem... regarding the issue at airport... did u use your own charger?? this also happens if we use a after market duplicate charger (Non Original) that's again the voltage thing in local chargers i think... if you used the charging dock at airport... possibly that might be having a 110v charger (US BASED) or a duplicate one....

In my Photon, this happens regularly whether I am at Home, Office or anywhere else. It happens even with my SE WT19i and also HTC Desire. I think this has something to do with all Androids only. It does not happen across any other make or model of phone if they aren't Androids. Not too sure about BB, Win Mobiles, iPhones.... My iPadmini works flawlessly even when connected to a power outlet.

Phones require matching charging current, if the output in mAh units is not matching the device then the screen will become sluggish/unresponsive during the plugged in period. My sister's IPhone 5 needs to have the exact charger or the screen issues come up. All my HTCs namely Desire HD, Sensation, Sensation XL, One X had this issue. Have to carefully store the chargers for them.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk HD

Happens due to grounding issues....common when u charge ur phone in train.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Its probably faulty charger or grounding issue. Its happened with me on train (Rajdhani).

Otherwise, never ever faced such issue at home or office. I regularly use any charger (Samsung, Palm, LG, Nokia, HTC etc) with my DINC and now Galaxy Nexus. It is OK as long as the charger is able to supply the requisite current at a stable voltage of 5V.

The current varies with time from few hundred miili amperes upto 1 amp depending on charge level of battery.

In case of Apple products, one of the charger pins is set at some particular voltage (like 3.5v or whatever) and if the phone senses that the voltage is different, it does not accept that charger.

It is normal in trains and tried many chargers. it is more related to fluctuating voltage and improper grounding. Recently, i travelled in Shatabdi, Ahmedabad to Mumbai, and there was issue but while travelling by other train, problem persisted with the same charger.

Without grounding/earthing this issue occurs.

No chargers, cables or phones/tabs are to be blamed for that..