Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

It clearly says that it won't offer 4G to its GSM customers before commercial launch of Jio! They have been saying the same. 4g would only be offered to erstwhile CDMA customers, so we should get it by tomorrow I believe! 

I ported to vodafone

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

any way to FRC or 4G upgrade recharge online

Some of my observations

There is no guarantee that you will get a sms to swap the sim. My outgoing totally stopped itself last night around 12 and my 4g sim started .

The Cdma signals will be available till the first week of June but that doesn't mean your Cdma services will be working. As Reliance is activating 4g aims in a phased manner on a daily basis .

The sim that I got was of 4/16 lot thats the reason why it worked with data on my iPhone 6 plus but not in my LG g4 .

Today I went to Karol Bagh after visiting a couple of other Reliance stores and got my sim patched , OF ANYONE WANTS THEN THEY CAN GO TO DESH BANDHU GUPTA ROAD STORE near khalsa college . now I am getting data on my g4 as well , I doubt if it is 4g though the 4g properties options are now populated in network settings. This is my latest speed test

05d2eeff10721cfce256793938a2f82b.jpg

Here are the 4g properties as per my g4

08e24076c6393eda8d9c53d4f31a33cf.jpg

On more thing , I own a Reliance gsm connection as well , the data speed in that is nowhere near this at all .

Lets see what happens next

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I liked this piece of line in the article...

"The company said it was “over enthused” by the response from its CDMA customers, who it said were keen on the migration."

Can't be a better joke in telecom space !!

Read more at http://rtn.asia/t-t/19768/reliance-communications-switch-off-cdma-june#T4VttjHGTddTfVSb.99

Hahhaaahahh, now MTS subscribers will be forced into 2G/4G. RCDMA date extended to end of June as per this report.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, joshm said:

Some of my observations

There is no guarantee that you will get a sms to swap the sim. My outgoing totally stopped itself last night around 12 and my 4g sim started .

The Cdma signals will be available till the first week of June but that doesn't mean your Cdma services will be working. As Reliance is activating 4g aims in a phased manner on a daily basis .

The sim that I got was of 4/16 lot. Rants the reason why it worked with data on my iPhone 6bplus but not in my LG g4 .

Today I went to Karol Bagh after visiting a couple of other Reliance stores and got my sim patched , now I am getting data on my g4 as well , I doubt if it is 4g though the 4g properties options are now populated in network settings. This is my latest speed test

05d2eeff10721cfce256793938a2f82b.jpg

Here are the 4g properties as per my g4

08e24076c6393eda8d9c53d4f31a33cf.jpg

On emote thing , I own a Reliance gsm connection as well the data speed in that is nowhere near this at all .

Lets see what happens next

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

great whats your G4 carrier???

Tomorrow is the date of activation. I have 4/16 sim. Seeing so many posts, it seems that I am going to face connectivity problems.  :unexp:

3 hours ago, nitink said:

network does not show reliance 4G -   only Reliance 2G and 3G  seems 4G is not live yet in delhi. network.png 

can see Voda 4G, Jio 4G AND AIRTEL 46 

Doesn't it show "Reliance 4G" when you close and open the screen ?

I meant when the screen shuts off after the timeout and you open the screen again ?

1 hour ago, atishj said:

any way to FRC or 4G upgrade recharge online

Recharge with Re. 1 using Mobikwik/Freechrge/Paytm..

47a6ec28a6969bfa8bc8b847f7e414ea.jpg

The above speed was received at Andheri.

Updated News :  

here is some update for New 4G sim card.

Lot1 4G sim card will not support DATA.

Also most of Imported phone's will not work with Lot1 sim card. No signal, no data.

How to identify lot1 and New 4g sim card

Lot1 SIM No. 89911300 0xxxxxxxxxx  (after 300   0, 1,2 ,3 4 &5 )

New lot 4G sim card No. 89911300 6xxxxxxxxxx

pl reffed pics for details

20160531_154234.jpg

I was also not having data on Mi although data was working in Iphone so first I went to the kharadi store and they do  not have card reader so after they told me I went to viman nagar and got my sim software upgraded.
Network is working at EON although as always 2G till they start 4G.

• Like 1

one strange issue is coming that in Mi once network goes it automatically comes to international roaming in sim toolkit ( Viman nagaar store guy fixed it first for me.)then I need to change it to manually national roaming and reboot to get network.
Since I have Zero plan I switched permanent divert to my vodafone number so that I will receive calls almost all of the times.

As per Kharadi store person Sim card can be upgraded at viman nagar, Hadapsar store near gadital and singhgad store etc. 
I believe all the sims from Apr 2016 needed to be patched if data is not starting them automatically.
My prepaid sim was having May 2016 packing date and data worked automatically.

Upgraded Mumbai number to 4g sim

using on Sprint Note 3 without data for 3 days

However, suddenly since evening incoming/outgoing as stopped.. Not sure what is happening

anyone else in (Nav) Mumbai area facing similar issue?

5 minutes ago, Bablus said:

Upgraded Mumbai number to 4g sim

using on Sprint Note 3 without data for 3 days

However, suddenly since evening incoming/outgoing as stopped.. Not sure what is happening

anyone else in (Nav) Mumbai area facing similar issue?

Are you getting 4G signals with this thing? 

IN Hyderabad.My CDMA stopped some time after 10 mins 4G SIM started working.I did not get msg to insert 4G SIM like others are getting.

NETWORK is showing RELIANCE 4G 2G.Is it means 2G in 4G 😝.

Checked balance ,showing 150mins and reliance unlimited is working.But data balance is nil.so did not check data service as there is only 77Paise main balance 

Edited by ramtech

10 hours ago, shreesh said:

Migrated from CDMA to GSM.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

yes Migrated from CDMA to GSM just today afternoon it happened.

9 minutes ago, ramtech said:

IN Hyderabad.My CDMA stopped some time after 10 mins 4G SIM started working.I did not get msg to insert 4G SIM like others are getting.

Checked balance ,showing 150mins and reliance unlimited is working.But data balance is nil.so did not church data service as there is only 77Paise main balance 

How much main balance had you there before migration?

In myservices, the converted SIM are identified as LTE4G_PREPAID and LTE4G_POSTPAID, normal RGSM and normal RCDMA are identified as PREPAID and POSTPAID.

My Kolkata postpaid and Delhi prepaid (initiated migration only last night) numbers are migrated. Delhi postpaid number is yet to be migrated. Delhi postpaid number still working with 1x data as of now, on roaming in Kolkata.

No recharge options are available for LTE4G_PREPAID

Edited by commonman

1 hour ago, javed91214 said:

Updated News :  

Also most of Imported phone's will not work with Lot1 sim card. No signal, no data.

20160531_154234.jpg

I have 89912008XXXXXXXXXXX. . I don't know whether it will work.

1 hour ago, javed91214 said:

Updated News :  

20160531_154234.jpg

The series is different for different cities. For Delhi it starts with 89910500..... for Kolkata it starts with 89911200.....
But in general, the problem seems to be with PKT date 4/2016. SIMs with PKT dt 5/2016 are working fully.

I was able to latch on 2G network only after migrating to 4G 😬, data was working, but now I'm on roaming @Rajasthan, now data is not working. 

Checked balance ,showing 150mins and reliance unlimited is working.But data balance is nil.so did not church data service as there is only 77Paise main balance 

Which area in Hyderabad..?