Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
paragshah

Suggestions for Moto G (4th gen) for Reliance 4G LTE

This is my first post on this forum. Thanks to everyone for maintaining and contributing to this site.

I have been recently upgraded to Reliance 4G LTE from the old CDMA network and am trying to decide which handset to buy. I like the Motorola Moto G (4th gen). It has a 3GB RAM / 32 GB internal memory handset with a resolution of  1920 x 1080 pixels and fingerprint reader. It also has a gyroscope and accelerometer. 

Overall the phone has very good reviews but I don't know how well it works with the Reliance 4G LTE network. Does anyone here have any experience with this phone? Would like to hear first hand experience especially related to network connectivity, call drops, etc.

Thanks in advance!

many persons have experience have Moto G4, but none of us has any experience with Reliance 4G LTE.

You better wait till Reliance launches LTE in your area.

• Like 1

Right now there is no Reliance 4G network anywhere in India. The so called LTE SIMs are working on 2G/3G only. So wait at least till they come up with proper 4G in some circles

• Like 1

Thanks ni0987 and commonman. I guess I will wait for the LTE service to start and get more feedback.

In the meanwhile if anyone has any general feedback on the performance (network signal, Internet, and call drops) of this phone on Reliance's 2G/3G networks then please do share it.

This is my first post on this forum. Thanks to everyone for maintaining and contributing to this site.

I have been recently upgraded to Reliance 4G LTE from the old CDMA network and am trying to decide which handset to buy. I like the Motorola Moto G (4th gen). It has a 3GB RAM / 32 GB internal memory handset with a resolution of  1920 x 1080 pixels and fingerprint reader. It also has a gyroscope and accelerometer. 

Overall the phone has very good reviews but I don't know how well it works with the Reliance 4G LTE network. Does anyone here have any experience with this phone? Would like to hear first hand experience especially related to network connectivity, call drops, etc.

Thanks in advance!

What you are asking is mostly network dependent and very less to do with handset. As long as all required bands are supported which tech specs can confirm.

Other than that moto phones have a solid history of latching to networks strongly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Moto comes first for giving official update to Reliance VoLTE sim support.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/22/2016 at 7:24 AM, ::: VA ::: said:

What you are asking is mostly network dependent and very less to do with handset. As long as all required bands are supported which tech specs can confirm.

Other than that moto phones have a solid history of latching to networks strongly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks 'Yantric Baba'. I guess you are right, but I met two people who said that their network signal on Moto G was intermittent (with callers often getting an 'out of network range' message) while it was perfect in a Samsung phone. Perhaps it could be a band related problem but in that case they would not have received a signal at all. 

Maybe the issue was altogether different... I guess sometimes it's hard to figure out the exact problem... 

I am using G4 Plus with Jio. It supports VoLTE as well. Rcom will use jio's network only. It will work

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1