Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sameer7186

Handset supporting carrier aggregation

Now a days only buying a 4g phone is not enough. Since jio and airtel has launched Carrier aggregation(LTE-A) upto 3 band (3CA), so it is good to buy CA supported 4g handset if we really want to enjoy great data speed. I am using lyf f1s and it supports 2ca and speed is really amazing compare to other non Lte-A phone. So I want to say, can we make a list here for Lte-A supported phone. So that it would be easy for others to purchase. All the gurus who is using ca phones can throw some light here. Thanks

These are the handsets, I have tested with Lte-A.

1. Lyf f1s (used by me)

2. Lyf f1 (using my brother)

3. Samsung A9 pro(bought today, great speed)

4. Samsung c9 pro( CA confirmed by KanagaDeepan sir)

• Like 1

The list will be too big, imho.. Here is a Wikipedia link, showing 4G+ Handsets and level of CA supported...

• Like 1

Sir, I am telling about that handset which is physically tested with CA.

As per wikipedia list, all mentioned handset don’t support CA physically. For example none of the xiaomi and sony phones support CA in india physically. Even one plus 3/3t is mentioned but not supporting physically. Htc a9 mentioned but not supporting, only htc 10 supported. Htc u11 I never used or any of my relative didn’t used, so i don’t have idea. I never used samsung phone, so cann’t comment about any model of samsung. Yesterday I bought a9 pro after taking advice from you itself and it is working great. I just want to say sir, many of the handset that should support CA , actually not supporting physically in india..

• Like 1

Good.. In that case, it is better to also list those phones which definitely NOT supporting CA in real. This will help people to avoid such phones in future. Please edit your first post with RED ALERT practically non-CA phones as well.

Thanks in advance...

Samsung S7 and S7 edge support LTE-A.

Seems like all latest Samsung A and s series phones support CA.

On 9/29/2017 at 4:16 PM, sameer7186 said:

For example none of the xiaomi and sony phones support CA in india physically.

Xiaomi, for the sake of cost cutting remove key features even though the processor/radio supports it.
e.g. SD625 supports quick charging but none of the Xiaomi phones with SD625 has fast charging,
same is the case with Carrier aggregation. I have seen no Xiaomi phone supporting LTE-A on Jio.

Hi all. There is a good news for xiaomi mi5 user. Now after latest update mi5 is supporting carrier aggregation(3ca). Speed is really awesome, equal to samsung s7. Screen shot is attached.

Screenshot_2018-03-26-20-23-19-637_com.android.settings.png

• Like 1

does the Indian version of Moto g5s plus support CA

Even though most of the mid range Samsung smartphones used to support 4g+ earlier, recent M series and budget A series phones doesn't support 4G+, afaik (even though all support Dual VoLTE). Too sad, those are good vfm phones from Samsung, IMHO.

Sent from my Samsung C9 pro using Tapatalk

Yes. It supports 2 CA, with band 3 + Band 40 only. So no Band 5 + Band 40 and even no Band 40 + Band 40 support as well. Still Useful for Airtel and Jio. From my personal experience Poco F1 works better with Airtel than Jio.

• Haha 1