Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
RajanPERT

Lg Rd 5130 Review

Here I describe the features, pros and cons of the LG RD 5130. Image attached below.

rd5130specification.jpg

Look and Feel

The handset looks cool, the keypad is good for smsing, the 4 way keypad works fine, and the set feels some light (99 gm). The screen has awesome clarity, the interface is crisp, and best of all there's no lag for menus like sony ericsson and motorola's cheap GSM color handsets. The OS can easily keep up with the user's key presses. The colors are vivid and the downloaded photos look fantastic. Its Dimension is 106X43X20 mm.

Display

65000 color CSTN display, 5 lines + 1 Soft Menu line + 1 Icon Line, supports graphics and animation. Cannot see anything if you hold it under sunlight. Moreover, the display shuts down after the phone is idle for abt 1 minute. Indeed, it is a safeguard to keep the screen alive & kicking for years to come. it is intentional to save battery and the display itself. Pressing any key will resume where U had left.

Main LCD: 128 X 128 pixels

5 Wallpapers: 2 default, 3 downloadable through R World or through MMS.

Speaker

it has a speakerphone, The speaker is much better sounding than the 2030, and it can actually play bass sounds without breaking up. The ring tones are far better. i would have loved the speakerphone activation to be with a press of a button instead of actually holding down a button of 2seconds.

Ring tones

22 (including 12 Indian and 3 downloadable) selectable ring tones to choose from with a 16-chord polyphonic sound, facility to assign specific ring tones to individual numbers stored in the phone book.

LG RD 5130 supports only midi files for ringtones and BMP format for wallpapers... You can send a E-mail to your phone with the ringtone & wallpaper of your choice and then save them from the MMS. For details see this post:

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2030

Battery Life

About 2.5~2.8 Hours talk time, about 140 ~ 160 hours stand-by time. Satisfactory, at least right for average user’s usage pattern (1 hr talk time + 2 days standby time + lots of downloads, movie trailers, songs, etc). There is no indicator of the battery recharging. After full recharge, there is neither any beep nor any other type of indication. But one thing is sure that the recharging automatically stops after full recharge. The charger point is at the side. Very inconvenient to hold the phone and talk while it is charging.

Messaging

Send and receive text messages (Inbox - 30 + 1 voicemail, Outbox - 30, Archive - 30, Drafts - 30, Templates - 30). Send and receive SMS in Hindi. supports only 140 characters for sms.

Phonebook

Phonebook (Names) to store 300 entries with 4 numbers, email id, Memo, and ringtone per entry. 99 speed dial locations. one has to press 4 keys to reach the there. Also, search is very ( about 3 secs delay) slow. May be It is a LG Standard. But Now it is not a big issue for those who are using LG phones.

Profiles

Profiles let you set your phone's sound settings (Ring type, Ring tone, Ringer volume, Earpiece volume, Message alert and Key volume) to your current environment.

There are 6 Profiles: Vibrate only, Silent, General, Outdoor, Headset, Carkit.

The settings in each Profile can be modified (except for Vibrate only). Profiles can be renamed (except Vibrate only, Headset and Carkit)

Language Support

Primary Language English, supports Hindi for User Interface and SMS. Also store Phone Book entries, Schedules and Memos in Hindi.

Organizer

Scheduler (maximum 160 schedules), To Do (maximum 40 items), Memo (maximum 40 memos with maximum 32 characters per memo), World Clock, Stopwatch, Calculator and three Alarms with Snooze

R World

Supports all R World applications

PC sync

Synchronize the Phone Book and Organizer with your PC. could only update address book, to do and scheduler with it. the pc-sync software for 5130 is available at:

http://lgmobiles.com/pcsync_download.php

Call features

3-way-calling (conference), Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, Call Mute, Incoming call ringer mute

Call history

Stores up to a total of 60 recent calls including Received, Dialed, Missed and In-call memo numbers

In call memo

Enter and store numbers while on a call (max of 5 numbers at a time)

Easy Text Input

Predictive Text input available in English (T9).

Wireless Modem

With R Connect kit

Memory

64 MB flash

16 MB SRAM

If somebody has seen that long "Taal -- rules of life" clipping .. it can be saved on the 5130 itself (it downloads) .. but on 2030 ... it comes as "buffering" .. so u can view it only from the network only. -- I guess that Taal clip is atleast 1.5 minutes (maybe 2+ also .. didn't check).

Rubber Keypad

The keypad of this phone is of Rubber, so it might get some wear tear early. Although, there is no problem faced till now, but that keypad life might be average.

Intenna

This feature is not there in most of the phones. This makes the phone look good and easy to handle.

Image of the mo

I am not a user of this phone (5130); I collect these details from the RIMWEB and Present before u. More comment and correction are invited. Please give full details, not fast reply.

REQUEST TO MODS: Please manage this post as u though.

Thanks and Take Care!

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Thanks for the long review, Rajanpert ! I'll keep it pinned for now.

39872[/snapback]

What's means of Pinned. as u described here.

But above all thanks.

Take Care!

rubber pad has no problem. i am using this handset since six months and i now how much i am using it. Thre is even no marks on rubber pad. it is best in all.

You can send message to 10 person at a time by entering the recivers no. one by one.

Speed dial

just dial the desired no. and call.

Call conference

While on call just search the third party and take it on conference.

Speaker

Best in all handsets. has loud ringer tone.

One minus point only one game

I am using LG 5130 for almost one year and never faced any problem till now. It is a good basic colour phone with speaker. :)

39872[/snapback]

What's means of Pinned. as u described here.

But above all thanks.

Take Care!

39874[/snapback]

Pinning a topic allows your topic to remain on top of all other posts in the main page of the sub forum. Such topics will have "Pinned: " in front of their title.

Any one or mods or admin, PLEASE add the accessories information which come with the mobile pack.

Thanks and Take Care!

Charge indicator : The 5130 does have a charge indication.While charging it shows a progressive bar and on completion the bar becomes full with yellow/Orange color.It also prints a message that charging has been completed

Does anyone have this phones manual in pdf format..then please gimme...i hav just bought second hand LG 5130...

thankx

After full recharge, there is neither any beep nor any other type of indication. But one thing is sure that the recharging automatically stops after full recharge.

Please note once the battery is charged fully we can hear a slight beep (only one beep) just like a key press. It is only identified when we observe keenly.

Please note once the battery is charged fully we can hear a slight beep (only one beep) just like a key press.  It is only identified when we observe keenly.

You are right but we have listen it very silently. I my sense it likes no more. But it also give Charging Complete Message, about 2 sec and also running animation of battery is alos stopped. If u are charging after turned off ur phone, u will see a charging complete message after complete charging. If u have charging after complete discharge it will take about 3.0 to 3.5 Hrs time.

More comments are invited. Thanks for posting at RIMWEB.

Thanks and Take Care!