Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rgmrgm

Data Usage- How Do We Come To Know

Guys,

I have got a new RD 2130 with 1000 rs charges for 250 mb monthly.

1.does anyone know how to find out the data MB that is downloaded , once in a while.

So that I need not pay 10rs/mb , after exceeding 250 mb quota.

(Shame on reliance,

when I spoke with the guy that sold me this, did not know ABC of this)

2. To get a different handset (with charging possible, even while on NET)

from 2130 moon light to 2230 that has charger port seperate.

- BUT THEY say it is impossible.

I wonder if it a rocket science for these guys.

Anyway, if anyone can answer my 1st Q, that great.

Thanks,

Download BANDWIDTH MONITOR software from the web and use to monitor both upload and download.

Guys,

My doubt is that dowload applies to files(.zip/.exe)

we have downloaded or it is complete internet trasfer

or it is total size of all the files which are downloaded by the browser(*.htm.*.html,*.gif,*.jpg,etc)

:D

Data Exchange is calculated, that means both upload and download, everything.

exactly, actually they should develop an interface online where it says about the bandwidth because rs.10 per mb charge is killing if you keep your connection ON without knowing what you are using! ;):(

Co-operation of all the affected Members who use RConnect on Silver/Gold Plan is solicited!!! ;)

It is the sole responsibility of Reliance to provide facility to its customers to track their data usage. It seems that the irresonsible Reliance is not much interested to solve the issue. They provide additional software/sms intimation / provision on their website to track the data usage so that the customer can control their usage. Moreover, it is the RIGHT of the consumer to know how much he consume and on what base the service provider going to charge them etc. So I request all the esteemed members to pusue this matter with Reliance to act soon on this issue.

As a matter of fact if Reliance fails to act accordingly I personally plan to approach TRAI and other Consumer Protection Forum to seek their intervention in this matter. Members advise, and suggestions are requested to this Forum.

Further to Moderator Greens advice, users may download BMExtreme v2.31 or higher from www.bmextreme.com It will help you to track the usage. You can configure this software according to your plans Silver (100mb) or Gold (250mb). It will track and tell you exact usage. Good luck surfers! :clap:

I think the rconnect software also gives a log of bandwidth usage . whats the necessity for third party s/w

Yeh it does give but it gets reset as soon as you disconnect..

People who use R-Connect on the basis of Plans, have to limit

their usage to 100 mb or 250 mb else they have to pay Rs 10/mb extra :clap:

Data Exchange is calculated, that means both upload and download, everything.

Then the actual Rs spent / Hour in Silver or Gold plans is more than normal plan?

When they will give unlimited usage :clap:

Now thats an interesting piece of info....

I am using RConnect as well.. I have opted for DAPO.... I didnt know that there was any strings attached to the web access apart frm the 200 monthly and 40ps. per min.

Are we talking about the same thing or am i just blabbering something totally unrelated..... :clap:

well.. U people can use caching software so that u can do more service for less charges.. look out for webcelerator :P

For that U can use opera browser by a single click u can disable downloading the images (or show the images if they have already downloaded previously) for individual pages for may sites in which image is not an important factor like E-Mail site

Now thats an interesting piece of info....

I am using RConnect as well.. I have opted for DAPO.... I didnt know that there was any strings attached to the web access apart frm the 200  monthly and 40ps. per min.

Are we talking about the same thing or am i just blabbering something totally unrelated..... :P

Buddy You can request the helpline people not to use your monthly 400 minutes quota for rconnect usage. Ask them to bill rconnect usage seperately. Don't forget to get a ticket number.

So the precious 400 minutes won't be wasted.

Anyways rconnect will be charged 40 paise per minute seperately.