Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Will 6700 Imported From Ebay Usa Work On Reliance

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy on ebay.com (usa) PPC6700 / HTC Mogul 6800.

The phones available there as Verizon Audiovox VX6700/Sprint PCS Vision PPC6700/Sprint Audiovox, Sprint HTC Mogul, Nice Alltel, Audiovox PPC 6700 etc.

Now the questions are:

1. Will these phones work on Reliance network after reflashing them with Hetal's AKU and Extended ROM & Radio or not.

2. If yes, then which is the best model out of these to go in for which will work seamlessly.

3. Will HTC Moghul 6800 work after reflashing also or not.

Thanks in advance

Dhiraj Kaile

Yes it will

after Soldering RUIM Tray and Enabling RUIM in COnfiguration

yes all 6700/xv6700/apache will work here either thru ruim soldering or esn cloning... avoid latter ! and no 6800/mogul is yet to be cracked...

hey guys,

i have been seeing ads of htc pda ...

of which one was a PPC windows mobile 5 .. n price was 16K

while other was windows mobile 6 .. n price was around 19K

they were the official prices with bill n warranty.. one may bargain it to 500-1000 less...

so why are this reliance people selling a wm5 instrument .. of not so reputed company as htc .. for high as 30000 .!!

i wonder how they still get through some buyers ..

Edited by sutarianiral

HTC is the only company making about 80% of world PPC including reliance 6700.

oh! i dint knew that .. but why reliance selling it at so high price ... while its available for just 16k without reliance .. ??

Reliance is realy fleecing us. I am about to import 2 phones from eBay USA, at an average cost of between 100-250 US Dollar (4000-10000 Rupees). And then I will experiment with the technique as told by hetal to make it RUIM enabled. I hope my experiment works. Any other suggestions will be most appreciated.

Reliance is realy fleecing us. I am about to import 2 phones from eBay USA, at an average cost of between 100-250 US Dollar (4000-10000 Rupees). And then I will experiment with the technique as told by hetal to make it RUIM enabled. I hope my experiment works. Any other suggestions will be most appreciated.

16 k on bebay or say 100-200 $ stuff is somwthing one will never like. They are usually not of good quality and questionable condition

Buy a Refurbished Piece with Like New Conditions Working Phone only from seller who have sold more then atleast 2000 Things

The newer version of UtStarcom 6800(without antena and all) in Singapore last week I've seen it for 17k which runs with 6wm. Can I buy that and enable RUIM?

Edited by Anbarasan

The newer version of UtStarcom 6800(without antena and all) in Singapore last week I've seen it for 17k which runs with 6wm. Can I buy that and enable RUIM?

hetal has tried that but i think doesnt work..thats why he has now enabled it to tata..if he cant i doubt anyone can.. :NOTriste: u can do that too if ur willing to give up reliance.. dont think u can change to ruim as it needs soldering and all and people still havnt been able to do it anywhere.. unless u can get any threads to that anywhere..so why count on ruim when no one has been able to do it yet..plus a brand new phone might not be ideal for soldering n all.. price seems good at 17 k.. n if u can enable tata sounds good.. but if u are going to change operator only then go for gsm.. why waste time in all these hack n all when u can get similar and better phones in gsm in india for same prices..or even less.. :Riendo:

PPC6800 HTC Mogul - USA, HTC P4000 Canada Alld can be Imported in India and can be Used in TATA

You will Require 14 DIgit HCC or GSK Code to do it.

I am Using One Piece in TATA, see the following Link

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10265

Edited by hetaldp

Thanks Sunny and Hetal, And is there any better plan in TATA than Reliance? I mean the call cost?

Thanks Sunny and Hetal, And is there any better plan in TATA than Reliance? I mean the call cost?

have u seen the latest wm6 phones in gsm.. they cost around 15-17 with bill and warranty.. u get wm6 with lots of features and without any importing trouble.. if u have to change ur ph no i think that wud be abetter option.. these days cost calls are similar in most phones.. different rates in different circles..the data usage charges for relaince are 10 kb=10 paisa. and the r world or gprs for data only lets u browse and use a few other applications. the total proper interent has been stopped for reliance. u need to use r connet for that which is 40 paisa per minute or use their data plan which u can get on their website. tata is similar to i think..

hetal stopped using reliance because of the same reason they keep withdrawing facilities for their customers.. hetal are u doing all the r & d for tata just because u have already imported the 6800 or beacuse its an hobby? i thought u were going over to gsm for obvious reason?

Yes, better I’m planning to get a basic model to hold my reliance number for incoming and use our Airtel CUG for outgoing and Basic internet. Our CUG special rates are as low as 37p/m for both landline and mobile. May be I can buy a GSM PPC. If I go for GSM PPC, UtStarcom 6800 is the best option or any other best model can you point? If we buy UtStarcom GSM PPC this same Redington UtStarcom CDMA people can service it for us if there is any problem? I will be flying to Dubai in a month I might buy a device at a best rate and a latest there. What do you think?

Yes, better I’m planning to get a basic model to hold my reliance number for incoming and use our Airtel CUG for outgoing and Basic internet. Our CUG special rates are as low as 37p/m for both landline and mobile. May be I can buy a GSM PPC. If I go for GSM PPC, UtStarcom 6800 is the best option or any other best model can you point? If we buy UtStarcom GSM PPC this same Redington UtStarcom CDMA people can service it for us if there is any problem? I will be flying to Dubai in a month I might buy a device at a best rate and a latest there. What do you think?

No place can beat prices we get in india, anyways if u going GSM go for SYMBIAN 60 Device.

Its much better than WIN OS, also u get more third party wares to use with it. Symbian is much used and loved mobile OS in the world.

Almost all OS based phones by NOKIA on Symbian. U have very big list to choose from.

UTstarcomm make only CDMA PDAs, basically all of them made by company called HTC.

Look out for HTC PDAs if at all u going for it.

HTC touch is the best option if u going to use it with airtel .

Regards.

GSM has its own advantages as well as disadvantages. I am trying to switch over to GSM since last year and a half but not successful because of

1. VOice quality

2. Data speed

3. Tariffs

Though we talk a lot about charges by reliance, GSM operators are big time cheaters. Reliance, tata and BSNL has bet tariffs and most transperant tarrifs.

Recently I inquired about 20 connections with airtel, I was surprised to learn about their tarriffs

Rental : Rs.178 PM

Free TT: 100 minutes (here they say rates are Rs. 1 for M2M and M2LL)

101-300 Mins: 0.30 M2M, 1.00 M2LL

301-500 Mins: 0.5 M2M, 1.00 M2LL

501 min above: 1 for both

How stupid these charges are? Where as in reliance it is Rs. 199 PM, 150 Rs. TT free, tariff : 0.50 M2M, 1.00 M2LL, no complications means less chances of cheating.

in GSM you get really good handset. But using PDA on GSM (GPRS) means driving ferrari in city.

GSM has its own advantages as well as disadvantages. I am trying to switch over to GSM since last year and a half but not successful because of 1. VOice quality2. Data speed3. TariffsThough we talk a lot about charges by reliance, GSM operators are big time cheaters. Reliance, tata and BSNL has bet tariffs and most transperant tarrifs.Recently I inquired about 20 connections with airtel, I was surprised to learn about their tarriffsRental : Rs.178 PMFree TT: 100 minutes (here they say rates are Rs. 1 for M2M and M2LL)101-300 Mins: 0.30 M2M, 1.00 M2LL301-500 Mins: 0.5 M2M, 1.00 M2LL501 min above: 1 for bothHow stupid these charges are? Where as in reliance it is Rs. 199 PM, 150 Rs. TT free, tariff : 0.50 M2M, 1.00 M2LL, no complications means less chances of cheating.in GSM you get really good handset. But using PDA on GSM (GPRS) means driving ferrari in city.
Yes AIRTEL is not a good idea, but since i use CUG there is a plan, FLEXY 150CUG where the monthly rental is Rs.150 and if we topup with Rs.150 we can speak 400min of outgoing both to mobile and landline. Rs.75 for unlimited national and local sms. Rs.99 to make STD to national mobiles for Rs.1. What do you think about this? but I'm bit new to Airtel will they change this?And Rs.100 to enable a plan known as NOP "Net on Phone" where we can access unlimited WAP sites. This will help me to access Gmail. But what do you think about this plan?
No place can beat prices we get in india, anyways if u going GSM go for SYMBIAN 60 Device. Its much better than WIN OS, also u get more third party wares to use with it. Symbian is much used and loved mobile OS in the world. Almost all OS based phones by NOKIA on Symbian. U have very big list to choose from. UTstarcomm make only CDMA PDAs, basically all of them made by company called HTC. Look out for HTC PDAs if at all u going for it. HTC touch is the best option if u going to use it with airtel . Regards.
Great thank you, do point a good device for Symbian OS. And can SOS open Ms Word, Excell and Powerpoint?So India is the best place to buy mobiles? Really?

http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_tytn_II.htm

Hay can I go for the above model? kshah, Shaikhsadik, sunny1974 and great hetaldp do comment on this Airtel is giving this for Rs,19,500.

are u kidding me? .. course go for it.. 3 mp camera.. 2nd camera for conferencing.. 256 memory, 128 ram.. double of what u get with the cdma devices whether its 6700 or 6800.. with egde u can get blackbery services.. just ask about the services and charges for them coz no phone is good unless there is a proper service exploiting it.. if that service is very expensive then no point in taking it...the inbuilt wm6 will be much stabler and the double ram n memory will make it run much faster n easier. . rather than go for a used ppc6700 or 6800.. that will be better.. as it has touchflo.. and will be smaller n sleeker..and the screen tilts up too.. u wont get these in the cdma counterparts.. i think its much better than importing sumthing from outside with the risk of no warranty n all.. also size matter a lot.. to have a big ph its more difficult to take care of it.. i d say go for it..

19.5k? Double check, coz I think its 39.5K. If 19.5K I will seriously interested in this one. Coz HTC touch is 19K though it is far inferior than this.

dam! wat a phone to play with !! of course no doubt .. had i been using some GSM network .. i would have buyed it without even asking suggestions!! the cheap price lures more ..

http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_tytn_II.htm

Hay can I go for the above model? kshah, Shaikhsadik, sunny1974 and great hetaldp do comment on this Airtel is giving this for Rs,19,500.

18500 for HTC Touch in Airtel (Non 3G only Support 2.75 G) But in 18500 Greate Offer.

and TyTN is available in USa for $ 800 so if we try to Import it also It will cost 45000 / -

Let give them Some Time

or else go for HP iPAQ 610 (Non camera Model) very Good Feature in $ 600

FOR KIND ATTENTION OF THE TECHIES! My brother is returning from the us soon and he wants to bring a HTC PDA PHONE.he has sought my advice in this regard.now i need your advice.Hetal bhai and Sadiq bhai please help me out. 1.which htc wm5 handsets can be configured to reliance network after soldering of uim tray?2.should he bring a new one or a good 2nd hand set?3.can r world be activated in it?please help me quickly as he is starting on 25th sept from san francisco.thanks in advance

Verizon XV6700 / Alltel PPC6700 (Silver) can only be Used in Reliance which have WM5 using RUIM Way