Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HetalDP

Apple Iphone Review

After 3 days of Testing iPhone on my Airtel just got the time to write a Small review to CDMA Community.

Major People must be knowing all the Features of iphone but still i am Writting it.

Pros.

1. iPhone have Fantastic Graphic Rendering Capability (mac Users will not find this new)
  2. Whole Page Browsing with Panning and Zoomin, with Multiple Tabbed Browsing.
  3. New Browser run all Java Script of Major web page. I could open Ebay, Old Yahoo mail, CNN, NSEIndia.com as it was.
  4. Very much Fast Response to major Function no Hanging up and Delay in any Applications.
  5. We can Installer RSS Feed reader, Mundu IM for Yahoo, GTalk and MSN Chatting.
  6. iBrickr Software to Install application, ring tones, and Graphics.
  7. There are 3 Software from Which We can directly upload our Camera Photo to our Flickr A/c
  8. Navizon Software can be used for Virtual GPS. (Not working in Nashik)
  9. Google Map Pre Installed
  10. YouTube PreInstalled
  11. TinyProxy or SRelay software needed to Shares EDGE / GPRS Network to Laptop over Wifi.
  12. Wifi Works Seemsless between my Work and Home Wifi Router. It automatically Prefer Wifi and dropp back to EDGE.
  13. SMS Sent and Reply is shown as Chatting Theard ( Simple but very usefull feature how can not we think like that.)
  14. Whole iPhone can be Lamited and only Bottom have to Cut Down for Voice and Docking, I like now it more Secure in Rain.
  15. Very light, Handy then PPC6700 and also Mogul
  16. Very good call Quality
  17. As every body know the earphone come with is Blasting. Listening Music and Seeing Video is a New Experience.
  18. Preinstalled Weather Application for Multiple City with Left right Panning for each City
  19. World clock can contain 5 to 7 Cities (Very good for me)
  20. Ebay Tracker for Tracking our Ebay A/c Directly.
  21. Searching in Google and Yahoo is Simplest
  22. on my Airtel i am getting 70 to 75 kbps Speed. (Stable)
  23. Email Box can Hook many A/c Yahoo Paid one, .mac, AOL, Google and any other POP (No Hotmail)
  24. Email Zooming and Realisatic Image Processing is Unbelieavble. We can read the mail as it look in PC
  25. Dialing Receiving Calls, Contact Management is easy
  26. iTunes to be installed for Syncing Calender, Contacts, Task and Notes and Emails, Outlook and Outlook Express Supported.
  27. Installer Software to be Installed for Direct Downloading and Installing Featured Packages. Very Good Third Party Software. we dont need PC.

Cons

1. Calculator is Very Basic (For Scientific we have to wait for Third Party Software)
  2. Hotmail can not accessed directly from Mail Box
  3. USB Cable is Shared with PC and Charger AC Connector.
  4. Bluetooth can only be used for Headset.

Edited by hetaldp

After 3 days of Testing iPhone on my Airtel just got the time to write a Small review to CDMA Community.

Major People must be knowing all the Features of iphone but still i am Writting it.

Pros.

1. iPhone have Fantastic Graphic Rendering Capability (mac Users will not find this new)
  2. Whole Page Browsing with Panning and Zoomin, with Multiple Tabbed Browsing.
  3. New Browser run all Java Script of Major web page. I could open Ebay, Old Yahoo mail, CNN, NSEIndia.com as it was.
  4. Very much Fast Response to major Function no Hanging up and Delay in any Applications.
  5. We can Installer RSS Feed reader, Mundu IM for Yahoo, GTalk and MSN Chatting.
  6. iBrickr Software to Install application, ring tones, and Graphics.
  7. There are 3 Software from Which We can directly upload our Camera Photo to our Flickr A/c
  8. Navizon Software can be used for Virtual GPS. (Not working in Nashik)
  9. Google Map Pre Installed
  10. YouTube PreInstalled
  11. TinyProxy or SRelay software needed to Shares EDGE / GPRS Network to Laptop over Wifi.
  12. Wifi Works Seemsless between my Work and Home Wifi Router. It automatically Prefer Wifi and dropp back to EDGE.
  13. SMS Sent and Reply is shown as Chatting Theard ( Simple but very usefull feature how can not we think like that.)
  14. Whole iPhone can be Lamited and only Bottom have to Cut Down for Voice and Docking, I like now it more Secure in Rain.
  15. Very light, Handy then PPC6700 and also Mogul
  16. Very good call Quality
  17. As every body know the earphone come with is Blasting. Listening Music and Seeing Video is a New Experience.
  18. Preinstalled Weather Application for Multiple City with Left right Panning for each City
  19. World clock can contain 5 to 7 Cities (Very good for me)
  20. Ebay Tracker for Tracking our Ebay A/c Directly.
  21. Searching in Google and Yahoo is Simplest
  22. on my Airtel i am getting 70 to 75 kbps Speed. (Stable)
  23. Email Box can Hook many A/c Yahoo Paid one, .mac, AOL, Google and any other POP (No Hotmail)
  24. Email Zooming and Realisatic Image Processing is Unbelieavble. We can read the mail as it look in PC
  25. Dialing Receiving Calls, Contact Management is easy
  26. iTunes to be installed for Syncing Calender, Contacts, Task and Notes and Emails, Outlook and Outlook Express Supported.
  27. Installer Software to be Installed for Direct Downloading and Installing Featured Packages. Very Good Third Party Software. we dont need PC.

Cons

1. Calculator is Very Basic (For Scientific we have to wait for Third Party Software)
  2. Hotmail can not accessed directly from Mail Box
  3. USB Cable is Shared with PC and Charger AC Connector.
  4. Bluetooth can only be used for Headset.

wow Iphone rocks hetal :) .. I will purchase iphone the day its officially available in India.

Hi Hetal,

Just a few questions,

How did you procure your iPhone, how much? How did you get it unlocked for Indian conditions.

How should we proceed about it.

Dhiraj Kaile

Hi Hetal,

Just a few questions,

How did you procure your iPhone, how much? How did you get it unlocked for Indian conditions.

How should we proceed about it.

Dhiraj Kaile

I got iphones unlocked and fully working. ( box open just to unlocked )

price is 35k, let me know.

In the http://www.mobile-review.com/index-en.shtml they have teared iPhone into pieces with their reviews.

They have literally made iPhone look like a expensive toy not worth for the money or hype it has created. Infact, this website was blocked by Apple "fan-boys" clubs thru DDOS attack on this website. The site was unusable for a period of 15 days due to this reason.

Basically, iPhone lovers are like Reliance shareholders. They praise Apple products even if it does not live up the expectations; just to create hype in the market and keep their investments safe!!!

Having said that, I feel iPhone is a revolutionary device in terms of look, features though I did not get a chance to look at it.

Mobile-Review clearly highlights many drawbacks of Applie iPhone by comparing them with Nokia products. People would be better-off who indulge in wait and watch game!

Apple Warns Hacking iPhone May Harm It

Apple - IPhone owners who have unlocked their handsets so they could use carriers other than AT&T Inc. may end up with a phone that doesn`t work after the company`s next software update, Apple Inc. warned Monday.

Since the iPhone debuted in June, hackers have posted a number of methods online to make it possible to use the iPhone on cellular networks other than AT&T, which is the exclusive official carrier for the iPhone.

Apple executives say they have discovered that many of those unauthorized unlocking programs cause some software damage to iPhones.

Now, a software update that Apple plans to issue later this week that will add features such as accessibility to the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store may end up making the touch-screen cell phone completely inoperable if it has been hacked into.

"This has nothing to do with proactively disabling a phone that is unlocked or hacked," Phil Schiller, Apple`s senior vice president of worldwide product marketing, said in an interview. "It`s unfortunate that some of these programs have caused damage to the iPhone software, but Apple cannot be responsible for ... those consequences."

Schiller said he didn`t know how many iPhones are operating on different carriers.

The programs - including several that can be downloaded for free, and at least one that costs $25 - appear to be particularly popular with consumers in Europe. Many Europeans have bought iPhones in the United States, but Apple will not be selling them or providing service for them in Europe until November.

"From the consumer point of view, this is extremely concerning to anyone who has unlocked their phone - especially people outside the U.S., where this is the only way to use the iPhone with any carrier," said Erica Sadun, a Denver computer programmer who developed a graphic interface for one software program that unlocks the iPhone. "Apple has essentially told them, `Sorry, we cannot work with you.`"

John McLaughlin of Uniquephones.com, in Northern Ireland, has developed unlocking software, but his Belfast-based company hasn`t sold or distributed it. He called Apple`s warning "something of a scare tactic."

Anyone who has already unlocked their phone could get it back in working condition, he said.

"We have reviewed the source code of a number of these applications and to the best of our knowledge any changes made to the software can easily be reversed," McLaughlin said in an e-mail. "After unlocking the iPhone, minimal effort is required to get it in to its previously locked state."

As with any Apple product, hacking into the iPhone voids its warranty, Apple said.

Apple has sold more than 1 million iPhones since the product hit the market June 29.

source physorg.com

Basically, iPhone lovers are like Reliance shareholders. They praise Apple products even if it does not live up the expectations; just to create hype in the market and keep their investments safe!!!

Just wait & watch how good is iphone when it will be officially available in india .. than u will believe me its not hype mate

There's no comparison of iphone with Nokia :Equivocado: design wise Iphone rocks & we all know how bad is Nokia when it comes to designing :Contento: .. no offense meant but thats the reality when u talk abt design NOKIA has no creativity.. agreed in UI its scores but in design a big ZERO they will get from me ... this is my own view though ...others may not agree :rofl_200:

Just wait & watch how good is iphone when it will be officially available in india .. than u will believe me its not hype mate

There's no comparison of iphone with Nokia :rofl_200: design wise Iphone rocks & we all know how bad is Nokia when it comes to designing :Contento: .. no offense meant but thats the reality when u talk abt design NOKIA has no creativity.. agreed in UI its scores but in design a big ZERO they will get from me ... this is my own view though ...others may not agree :Riendo:

@ coolrajiv

Iphone is basically a concept by nokia, they have applied for whole diplay no button concept FCC patent in 2005 for the series called AEON. ( Google it! )

But then SE launched W series, so nokia also got in race with N series.

Trust me once AEON is out. no phone can compete with it.

But i agree that APPLE Iphone is no doubt head turner and proud to own device at this very moment.

i also want to point this that you will hate APPLE when it comes to using third party headphone, i mean in iphones u cant use third party 3.5mmjack headphones unlike ipods.

I personally love to use my creative BS506 IN-ear headphones, its the best.

Seeing is Believing.

Just use for a day and u will like a King.

I got it from USA @ 28000 (on my Cousins A/c) and Unlocked it myself.

Just Fantastic.

Seeing is Believing.

Just use for a day and u will like a King.

I got it from USA @ 28000 (on my Cousins A/c) and Unlocked it myself.

Just Fantastic.

Absolutely i agree with you hetal

My friend has also got this awesome iphone from USA .. & i have used this superb mobile myself today between 7 to 9 PM just for 2 hours & believe me its just awesome rocking ... kya feel hain yaar .. kya music, kya graphics , superb browser , awesome video viewing ... in short this mobile ROCKS ..

True FANTASTIC is the correct word to describe Iphone :Riendo:

~~ Another thing when Iphone would be available in India officially than by that time the price of the 8 GB iphone wont be more than 20K may be even less so i am already expecting this mobile to be a huge success in india ~~