Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Rich Man, Poor Country

Rich Man, Poor Country

by Sheelah Kolhatkar, Portfolio.com

November, 2007

Mukesh Ambani does business on an absurdly large scale, from his $1 billion house in Mumbai to the biggest oil refinery on earth. But with his country torn between wealth and poverty, has India’s richest man gone too far ?

Read the full article here !

^^^

@Arun

Thanks for the nice link my dear friend. The article about Mukesh Ambani is really great.

Regards.

I remember one thing after reading that 3GCDMA (Care to expand it :Equivocado:;) )

@ arun,

Excellent article though it did not dwell in detail on the rich-poor divide. More of what MDA was, is and will be. Anyway makes very very interesting reading. A Must read for all Indians.

Thanks for posting it.

at times i think of this that what the hell will they do of this much money! . . how they wd be sleeping .. . . .man it must be a damn difficult task theese ppl give crores of rupees in temples but inspite they cant feed poor or take the sole responsibility of some poor child who has no money to go to school . . . . what is the life . .nice article found Arun!

“We are in the midst of many expansions. These are in different industries, with different interests. We are crossing many bridges,” he says vaguely. Alluding to the controversy surrounding him, he says, “Whenever we cross one bridge, there is lots of friction.” Quote from the Article.

this is the way Ambanis work..

It doesnt matter they have permission to cross the bridge or not but they will create a bridge if there is none and cross it. If some contoversy arises then they will ask for the permission so that everything gets 'legal'.

They plan big.. BIG...BIGGER with MDA in charge..execute it.. permissions and sanctions can be taken any time....after the completion.

(remember digging for the purpose of laying optical fiber network.. it was completed even before it came to anybodys notice..)

Now coming to the COMMENTS under the article posted by users..

Posted: Oct 16 2007 11:11pm ET

Whats the point of this article. Mukesh Ambani's over paid publicity guys called conde nast to do this article on him. The guy has created a culture of corruption in India. If india ever wants to be a transparent, bribe free, economic super power of the world, guys like these need to be set straight.

He continues to bribe every political party, and goverment dept to monopolize infrastructure contracts. Its practically no bid contests.

If India wants to be anything like China, Japan, Europe, you need to promote Indian corporations like Infosys and Wipro and Suzlon. Not this meglomaniac one man ego building binge.

Akhand Bharat.

By anonymous

Recommended by 3 Users

Edited by copperco2

Article seems to be routine business exercise of image building for the leader. Now I wonder what community the portfolio caters to. MDA has sure some ideas about foraying in those unconquered worlds. This shows how he manipulates the agencies. Whether it is government or non government. Just don't blame him, it is a normal practice in business world.

Best thing for RIMwebians is to ignore it, for sure nobody from us is getting benefited out of this.

Edited by prakashkadam

Within 4 Years

5 out of top 10 Richest man in World will be from India

Already Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani, LN MIttal are in top 10 and KP Singh of DLF Builder is in top 20.

Highest Number of Billioniors in Asia is in India then Japan then Singpore and Hong Kong, then Korea and CHina

I remember one thing after reading that 3GCDMA (Care to expand it :lol:;) )

3G CDMA = 3 Gujarathi Chor, Dhirubhai, Mukesh and Anil

(Somebody please forgive me to Join Dhirubhai's Name, I personally idolise him.) :Riendo::Riendo::Riendo:

(I am also a Gujarati :rofl_200: )

Edited by hetaldp

Heard in 2003.

CDMA-WLL = Communication from Dhirubhai to Mukesh & Anil - Watan Loot Lo.