Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ps_777_200lr

Coolpad 288 Cdma-gsm Dual Handset

I recently bought a new COOLPAD 288 Dual Model (CDMA-GSM) handsets from Essar's The Mobile Store. I was able to insert a Vodafone GSM SIM which worked fine.

I use a Reliance Postpaid Connection on a Nokia 3105. I want to transfer this Reliance CDMA Number on to the COOLPAD handset.

Can someone help me with

(1) Where do I get the required UIM Card? Reliance Web World people says they do not sell R-UIM Card.

(2) How to transfer my Reliance CDMA No. on to the COOLPAD.

Thanks,

PS

RUIM are supposed be available from WW or WWE. If you cant get it, you may get it for 200-350 bucks. Else buy cheap classic handset from WWE / WW and tell them to transfer your existing number to new handset and use that ruim.

Can you post phone details here? I dont see youlong coolpad 288 on their site

http://www.yulong.com/english/product/index.htm

Email to corporate center and tell them you want a RUIM card for your number as you have bought a open market handset. They will surely guide you in this matter. You are 100% right that RCOM's WWs do not sell RUIM separately.

Try your luck and report here your success/failures.

@kshah,

the website you have provided, shows the dual mode, dual sim phone model as 728. Maybe this is what PS is referring to here? or some other model? Even themobilestore.in does not have any mention of any Coolpad models.

BTW, coolpad site also shows one 3G EVDO data card with a data speed of 2.4mbps...

Edited by KumaarShah

What is the cost of this handset?also pl post a complete review of the phone.whether it is windows mobile phone or not.also whether it supports 3rd party software installation,Wap and r connect support in it or not.thanks

@kumarshah

Coolpad 728 is PDA (WM5) last year when I visited china I saw it but costing about 35K so did not bought.

228 may be phone like, may / may not be smart phone. Youlong, ZTE and few other are really good chinese handset manufacturers. They make very good handsets at very attractive price.

EVDO is 2.4 mbps, burst speed. Average 700-800 kbps.

@ ps....

what the price! and review pics and lot more post it soon! am visiting the Mobile Store 2moro!

@kshah,

thanks for the info. But will Yulong's products work with our RCOM? Some of their dual mode models are awesome.

@kumarshah

Coolpad 728 is PDA (WM5) last year when I visited china I saw it but costing about 35K so did not bought.

228 may be phone like, may / may not be smart phone. Youlong, ZTE and few other are really good chinese handset manufacturers. They make very good handsets at very attractive price.

EVDO is 2.4 mbps, burst speed. Average 700-800 kbps.

Did you buy it from India? At what price?

8900 was the price informed by supernova on this forum in another topic on the same handset.

Mods/Admins, please merge the two topics if necessary.

Both networks as in GSM and CDMA work simultaneously or have to switch between them.. any anyone can ples confirm me exact price plz?

I think I saw this phone on NDTV's Gadget Guru show last year (some expo in Shanghai / Beijing)... It was featured along with UTStarcom as planning an entry into the Indian mobile market.

Wonder what guys like Spice are thinking about this Chinese influx when their own D-88 is on offer here.

we can get ruim cards but it costs around 300 if you want call me on 9396677772 or nnvarma_04@cooltoad.com

8900 was the price informed by supernova on this forum in another topic on the same handset.

The price is given here-

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...&hl=coolpad

Sadikbhai says its available in china for $115 i.e. approximately Rs.4000/- INR so if there are enough members requiring the handset then they can ask sadik bhai for the same...

The price is given here-

Sadikbhai says its available in china for $115 i.e. approximately Rs.4000/- INR so if there are enough members requiring the handset then they can ask sadik bhai for the same...

Sadik bhai will u b able to bring in such sets,well in that case i think i am interested if i can get it at :Sorprendido: 4000++

^^^

same here i would be interested even if it was 5k+

What's the battery life like with both the networks working simultaneously?

^^^

Well I think it consumes a lot of battery my dear friends.

Regards.

buy ruim from other shop where you purchase coolpad288 not from reliance webworld

Does coolpad 288 have web browser?

Does coolpad 288 have web browser?

Yes, It has web Browser. But->

No Bluetooth.

No Infrared.

Battery backup s**ks.