Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
phonegeek

Authorized Service Centers Or Local Shops ?

Authorized Service centers or local shops  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preference, Authorized Service Centers or Local Shops ?

• Authorized Service Centers
    • Local Rpair shops

Hi Guys,

I am starting this thread to share our experience on where we go for repairing our handsets. Also we can share some reliable handset repair shops in our area so that every member get benefit of the same.

The repair may include hardware failure as well as software failure.

I share my experience first :

I am using Nokia 2865 for last 7 months, for last couple of days, key"2" was getting a bit sticky. I went to Nokia Authorized Service center, they checked it, it was under warranty, then they said that there was moisture in the keys, which is not covered under warranty and this repair will cost me 1000 bucks !!! I asked boss, its middle on November, where this moisture came ???? He said, it can come anytime !!!!

I returned double the speed of which i gone there. I visited a normal shop, i told about sticky key and he asked me 50 bucks,he said some carbon has accumulated there. Now my handset is working fine !!!!

I feel Authorized Service station are looting customer in the name of brand which they should not do.

Please share your experience, opinion and list reliable handset repairing shops in your area.

Thanks in advance!!!

I feel such incidents must be reported to respective companies for them to be aware of what their ASC are running under their nose...

I also visited LG Auth centers and found they are reluctant to repair anything and straightaway give a reply " Sir u need to change ur charger with new one..... if under warranty company takes the losses and if not then u pay through ur nose" on handsets simply they recommend board change. They almost become replacement centres rather than repair centers.

^^^

MY dear friends, although some local repair shops are also good but still I prefer the Authorised Service Centres. In ASC we get quality service with geniune parts.

Regards.

I had a bad experience at Nokia Authorized Service Center. They said that changing some component in the handset would fix my issue and charged Rs.400 for that. But the issue was not fixed and when I told them to check again, they checked and said nothing more can be done. So the 400 bucks was a waste, they could have atleast checked it before charging me.

In my opinion, local repair shops would be good for minor repairs.

I feel such incidents must be reported to respective companies for them to be aware of what their ASC are running under their nose...

I also visited LG Auth centers and found they are reluctant to repair anything and straightaway give a reply " Sir u need to change ur charger with new one..... if under warranty company takes the losses and if not then u pay through ur nose" on handsets simply they recommend board change. They almost become replacement centres rather than repair centers.

I had taken LSP-350 to LG service centre for charger problem. They gave the same reply that it cannot be repaired, buy new one costing Rs.390.

But atleast regarding chargers, I think this makes sense because LG chargers are sealed and can be opened only by breaking them, so they are practically non-repairable.

Otherwise also, I feel that LG is better than others, atleast better than Nokia in terms of their service centres.

In my opinion, local repair shops would be good for minor repairs.

@Arun

Yes my dear friend, you are 100% right, that Local Repair Shops would be good for Minor Repairs but for Major Repair work one should approach the service centre only.

Otherwise also, I feel that LG is better than others, atleast better than Nokia in terms of their service

@amtrag

Yes my dear friends, I too feel that LG service centre is 100% better than the NOKIA service centres. Their are many complaints for Nokia service centre even in our beloved forum also.

Regards.

until warranty asc are good if you take jobsheet n give them reminders ; after warranty they are very expensive

I too agree that for minor hardware repairs 'reliable' local repair shops are good. but not to forget that local can also damage the handset more if they are not experienced people.

Hardware repairs can be done by any person who have even little knowledge of components as they actually soldire the broken circuits or replace the damaged components with a new one. & if u have ever visited the "Gaffar Market" in Karol Bagh in New Delhi, you will see that you can buy ANY component from screen to keypads to circuit boards to sockets of any mobile. & that too at very cheap prices as they import & even manufacture components in bulks.

But i have this doubt that does local repairers provide good solutions for the SOFTWARE problems ?

Can they upgrade FIRMWARES of particular handsets ?

As far as ASC are concerned i believe that not not all ASC are same (they too employ those repairers who work earlier as local repairers). Once i took a friends NOkia 6600 for a minor repair, its power button was damaged. I went to 5 different Nokia ASC that day & i got different answers from everyone. Some said that board will be replaced, some said button, some said it will take a week to repair have to send it to the main centre but at last finally at one good ASC it was repaied, it just needed a soldire & it took ony 10 mins. He charged me nothing for it.

But i must say that Nokia products are getting low on quality. & their ASC evern worser. There are so many complaints in their handsets & their ASC are always packed with so many people for repairs.

(In Delhi you have to wait for hours for you turn at company main ASC, & franchisee ASC only provide minor solutions.)