Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vmsanghrajka

Reliance Communications To Offer Lifetime Connection For Rs 199!

its cheaper then 650 offer as In 649 you have to recharge min of Rs 125 every 3 months ie 250 every months.

its cheaper then 650 offer as In 649 you have to recharge min of Rs 125 every 3 months ie 250 every months.

^^^

I 100% agree what KumaarShah said above. Rs..33/- per month is not a hefty deal at all. And after all, subscribers are getting talktime for Rs.200/- approximately spent every 6 months. In my point of view too this Lifetime scheme is great.

Regards.

Dear Friends,

Does any-1 have more idea about, the exact time span in life time validity period ?

Life time --thts ok, but till how many years from 5/2/2008 on which it is officially declared by Rcom in Guj.

AFAIK, RCOM in Gujarat is offering LT till 2017, month and dat not known to me. This is also mentioned on their website's LT page very clearly.

^^^

In Mumbai Reliance if offerting this Lifetime scheme with a validity till 2021 my dear friends.

Regards.

Hey dudes... sorry been outta touch with Reliance for sometime...

Can someone tell me conclusively tell me if you can use STVs to reduce the calling rate (to 50p or whatever) in this lifetime voucher? If yes which STVs?

As usual I'm getting conflicting answers from everywhere. :angry:

If yes, I can consider reviving my old warhorse RD 2030 which has been lying dormant since I fled from RCom... :GirandoOjos:

^^^

Hi Raccoon - welcome back.

I am using LT plan and I have recharged with RCV Jadoo 49 which gives me all local calls to any network at Re 0.49 and all onnet calls at Re 0.33 pm. If you do not activate any RCV, then you will be charged all calls at Re 0.99 including RCOM. Mind you under Jadoo 33 and 49, all calls include landline calls also. J-33 will reduce your onnet calls charges to Re 0.33 pm whereas all other local calls will be Re 0.99. All Onnet calls mean calls to RCOM mobiles, landlines, FWPs. The only hitch in RCOM's LT is that you have to recharge once in six months for Rs 200 talktime. Even then, its still worth it.

In both cases, all STD will be at Rs 2.99 (this is ridiculously expensive for LT) Anyway, they openly advise you to use RIC for STD purposes - you can even use it while roaming.

I think there is no one to match RCOM in LT and prepaid for once. Atleast currently.

My advice to you would be to activate LT - you will spend only 199 if you have a number already. Otherwise, you can buy a GSK for 99 and then use LTRC 199.

@Honest,

For all circles it is 2021 except for Gujarat where it is 2017. This is as per their website.

Hey, thanks so much for the fast and detailed reply! :)

Actually, right now I'm on Idea's I-card plan. So while I pay 10p for Idea-Idea calls (in happy hrs), calls to other mobiles are relatively more expensive @ Re. 1.

So I was thinking of activating my old RD2030, which is still going great guns... but only if it gives 50p calling rates with no rentals.

Now question is you are in Madras... so are these STVs valid for LT even in Maharashtra circle? Couple of shops told me you cant use STVs on LT in Reliance...

I dont know why you say "I think there is no one to match RCOM in LT and prepaid for once. Atleast currently" because both Idea and Vodaphone have STVs that you can use on lifetime connections to reduce the rate to around 50p. In fact someone I know got a 6 month STV offer for his LT Idea connection where monthly charge works out to around 25 - 30 bucks or so... (cant recall exact amount).

Btw, I just got an irresistible offer - an Idea Friendz SIM for Rs. 180 with Rs. 250 talk time & 9 months validity!!! This is way cool... and you can load an STV to use it to make calls at 50p also (plan would change to Airtel One) and way better than any offer from RCom. Even other GSM ops are giving new SIMs with more talk time than the cost of the SIM!!! At this rate it might make more sense for me to keep getting new SIMs when they expire... esp. since I have a spare GSM handset for the job!! :)

Edited by raccoon

all stv work in reliance lt prepaid also.so no need to worry.just go for it.

^^^

@KumaarShah

Very truely said my dear friend, no other operator has the guts to provide such kind of service on these lowest rates as Reliance is providing. Moreover the use of STV over the Lifetime scheme is magnificent.

Regards.

Slightly off track, I personally think reliance have improve a lot on almost all parameters such as introducing great plans, high-end handsets, better customer care, VAS, etc. in last 6 months.. 199 lifetime is another great offer..

Validity criteria is gonna fade off from telecoms prepaid sectors, that is why they are giving it for so cheap.

New entrants will offer plans and vouchers where u get validity for free.

Same like UAE and other countries.

1. Will this Lifetime 199 offer work on high end set like my UT Starcom PPC6700?

2. Is there some way to reduce STD tariff from 2.99, while using this 199 scheme?

^^^

1. It can work on any handset from the lowest Classic to the highest UT or Coolpad also. And everything in between also.

2. You can use Reliance India cards to reduce your STD tariffs. You can also use these cards while roaming fr only outgoing purposes. Incoming will be still be at Rs 1.75pm. These cards are now openly suggested and advised by CC if you ask them about the high STD charges.

Go ahead and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy..

@raccoon,

Thanks for your views.

I still reiterate that RCOM is offering very good VFM now on its LT prepaid. You are also well aware that you can use calling cards for lowering STD rates and use while roaming is also allowed. No other operator is allowing while roaming and the lowest STD rates on full TT calling cards of other operators is nowhere near RCOMs. I know of Chennai/TN circle and a little about elsewhere. But from what little I know from their respective websites, no other operator is matching anywhere near RCOM today.

You can consider re-activating your old warhorse 2030 on RCOM and you can also think of changing SIMs in case you do not mind the number change ever so often. You are in a lucky position where RCOM and other operators are giving excellent deals to retain you on their network. Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Thanks KumaarShah... but somehow I just cant share your enthusiasm... at least not when u compare the tafiffs here... then of course there is the factor of pattern of use - I hardly make STD calls, and I seldom go into roaming. So those cards are not of much use... and i dont like the idea of having another a/c to keep tabs on... RCOM has a knack of making balances vanish after all... :P

As for changing SIMs, unfortunately the RD2030 dosent have a RUIM slot. Thats another pain. Not to mention the poor batt life of most CDMA handsets...

As of now I think I'll just buy new GSM SIMs to make out going calls ot non local Idea nos. Makes a lot more sense as you get more talktime value than the cost of the new SIM itself (as mentioned above)! As Im only going to use this for outgoing calls, number changes dont really matter... :)

Edited by raccoon

This is very good news and only expected from RCom which has revolutionised mobile market in India with Rs. 500 Mansoon Hungama.

:thumb:

^^^

Hi Raccoon - welcome back.

I am using LT plan and I have recharged with RCV Jadoo 49 which gives me all local calls to any network at Re 0.49 and all onnet calls at Re 0.33 pm. If you do not activate any RCV, then you will be charged all calls at Re 0.99 including RCOM. Mind you under Jadoo 33 and 49, all calls include landline calls also. J-33 will reduce your onnet calls charges to Re 0.33 pm whereas all other local calls will be Re 0.99. All Onnet calls mean calls to RCOM mobiles, landlines, FWPs. The only hitch in RCOM's LT is that you have to recharge once in six months for Rs 200 talktime. Even then, its still worth it.

In both cases, all STD will be at Rs 2.99 (this is ridiculously expensive for LT) Anyway, they openly advise you to use RIC for STD purposes - you can even use it while roaming.

I think there is no one to match RCOM in LT and prepaid for once. Atleast currently.

My advice to you would be to activate LT - you will spend only 199 if you have a number already. Otherwise, you can buy a GSK for 99 and then use LTRC 199.

@Honest,

For all circles it is 2021 except for Gujarat where it is 2017. This is as per their website.

Dear Honest

Can you advise me how to recharge this Jadoo 49 RCV on my LT. I have activated LT on my prepaid mobile.

Umesh

^^^

@umesh

My dear friend, go to any dealer nearest to you and recharge with this RCV if its available. Simple.

Regards.

VodaFone has finally launched Rs 251 LT voucher in Chennai/TN with usage of all Bonus Recharges. It has finally woken up after RCOM, Aircel stormed the market. Still RCOM rocks because they offer Onnet at 33ps and all offnet at 49ps on a J49 recharge whereas with Voda you can use Bonus 59 to get onnet at 30ps and all other mobiles at 49ps and all other landlines at 99ps plus STD at 1.50pm. RCOM LT users can activate RIC and enjoy lower STD and roaming rates. This is much better.

Voda LT users can also activate local SMS for daily 1 buck rent and daily 100 local SMSs at 5 paise or daily 3 bucks rental and 500 free local SMSs per day. So for 900 free local SMSs you end up paying only 90 bucks. But in RCOM, you get 5000 free local SMSs for just 30 bucks, you can add as and when you require. Here again RCOM is better.

^^^

My dear friends, its been said that "SOMETHING IS BETTER THEN NOTHING".

I think this Vodafone offer will be very beneficial for some of its subscribers. Hopes that it should be launched nationwide by Vodafone.

As KumaarShah also said above, still Reliance is better then its rivals.

Regards.

I have a balance of around Rs 700/- but my time validity is expiring tomorrow. If I recharge with Life Time connection (Rs 199/-) voucher, will my existing balance remain or it will get reset?

Earlier I have heard that charging with Life Time voucher erases your previous balance. However I went to one of the shops and he said it will not get erased. I would not prefer to get it confirmed rather then going through his word. Can anyone please guide on this.

Thanks,

^^^

@gs2001

My dear friend, if you have any promotional balance in your account than it will not be carried forward after you recharge with Lifetime voucher.

And if the remaiing balance is your main balance then it will definetely be carried forward in your account.

Regards.

Lifetime connections are a good trap. Trap entices you by not charging for validity, but the call rates are much higher in these plans specially STD rates (Reliance charges 2.65 rs per min). Tell me how much you will lose if you take a lifetime connection and use it to make lots of outgoing calls. Lifetime connection should be used only for incoming.

TK

http://mobiilemela.blogspot.com

Aiming at further mobile penetration in the country, Anil Ambani's Reliance Communications is gearing up to launch a 'lifetime' connection offer for Rs 199 against the company's current charges of Rs 649, the lowest from any service provider in the country.

The soon-to-be-launched service would enable subscribers to make a call at 99 paise per minute to others, SP Shukla, president ( wireless), Reliance Communications, told PTI.

Reliance Communications, which has a subscriber base of 41 million as on December 31, 2007, hopes to add a "significant" number of subscribers to its fold with this offer.

"Going forward, we hope to have more than half of our customers under the lifetime fold," Shukla said, adding that this offer would also help the company to significantly increase its topline.

The offer would not have any linkage with handsets and subscribers can use any handset to avail the offer, he said.

Source: http://www.business-standard.com/common/st...mp;autono=33347

Call Rate is Now Rs.1.5/Min for STD.

after doing life time recharge, u can recharge of 570 & u will get call charges of 50 paisa p/m for life time

^^^ 550 not 570..I think so.