Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ashokjp

Vsnl Launches 2 Pre-paid Broadband Plans

broadbandratesfal.jpg Vsnl To Offer Cheap Tariff Rate Plan For Broadband

Caption: "Vsnl To Offer Cheap Tariff Rate Plan For Broadband"

Source: Techtree Update, April 1, 2004

VSNL plans to announce new tariff rates for broadband internet access. Under the new package, VSNL has adopted FMCG distribution channels and are also currently on a re-branding exercise. VSNL's value-added services for internet access are being offered on the 'Tata Indicom' stage.

"The new tariff rates are the most affordable in the industry till now. We believe in giving the best to our customers in terms of service and support." said Mr.C L Gupta, MD of VSNL.

The tariff rates are expected to be Rs.99 for 64Kbps, Rs.250 for 128Kbps and Rs.499 for 256Kbps unlimited as a part of the VSNL's 'True Value Unlimited' starter scheme. This scheme is expected to be launched soon in a couple of months.

VSNL with 'True Value Unlimited' scheme is aiming at providing broadband for the mass public and not just a niche market. The latest offering they hope will attract a lot more broadband internet users than before especially with increasing price drops in computer components.

GREAT NEWS Ashok,

These prices are a steal (for unlimited) compared to what I pay for Sify Broadband.

Just can't wait for them to get started.

Hope it isnt any April Fools joke by Techtree ;)

BSNL can do all these things only in press statements. never in reality.

Now No ISP charge + No dial charge = Totally free browsing

wht download speeds do u get?

anyways itz dialup....so if you need speed, go broadband.

Well.. no probs let this discussion go here, coz as of now we dont have a suitable thread.

Am using a LAN based DSL Internet Connection. Wherein one person has bought a very high speed DSL Broadband connection from "several" ISPs. And it is distributing over LAN using PPP and TCP to some 1000 subscribers.

Under the tariff plan i am in,

I get 5-7kbps dl speed. And unlimited access and unlimited Downloads.

for Rs. 750/month

Well u'll will be envious but I have a service provider called SIXTH SENSE who gies us cable connection at 650/- per month and unlimited downloads and unlimited time. And another PLUS point is that the software they used earlier named 24online Cyberroam Client(Used by 90% of ISP) to help clients connect through the computer and thus control their bandwidth started giving several problems in our building so they stopped usin it and thus now we can connect directly and thus theres no limit on bandwidth(YOU KNOW THROUGH NETWORK NEIGHBOURHOOD SETTING AUTO DETECT IP ADDRESS). I get download speeds of upto 60kbps through Kazaa Highest Experienced and in online bandwidth tests I get my bandwidth as 256 + kbps. Im downloadin All Day.

Trai for 63% cut in leased line tariffs

Rediff.com

June 22, 2004 17:24 IST

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India on Tuesday proposed a 63 per cent reduction in the tariffs for a 2 mbps bandwidth capacity for domestic leased lines at Rs 820,000 annually, to promote Internet and broadband usage.

The proposed rates are for a distance beyond 500 km.

Using a bottom-up approach, the revised ceiling tariff for capacities of two mbps and 64 kbps for beyond 500 km distance comes to Rs 820,000 and Rs 24,000, respectively, reflecting a reduction of about 63 per cent and 75 per cent from the existing ceiling tariff in these categories, TRAI said in its consultation paper on revision of tariff of domestic leased circuits.

It is expected that higher capacities above two mbps would dominate the demand structure in future and price multiple of DS-3 and STM1 capacities have been proposed as eight times and 23 times, respectively, the price of E1 capacity.

This is based on the fact that there are scale economies arising out of higher capacities and also based on the prevailing price-capacity multiples observed elsewhere in the market.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/764500.cms

MUMBAI: Internet gateway and services major Videsh Sanchar Nigam (VSNL) has launched its pre-paid broadband initiatives under two plans -- `volume-based' and `time-based', which would be offered through the Tata Indicom brand.

"The plans are competitively priced and are categorised to suite the needs of various segment of people, ranging from small-time users to large corporates," VSNL sources said.

Under the volume-based plan, which is measured in mega bytes (MB), the user is only charged for the amount of data transferred (both upload and download) over the internet.

The user is not billed on the account of time spent over the Net. "The plan is ideal for customers who connect to the Net for long periods at a stretch."

The company has launched five schemes - Smart 200, Smart 500, Smart 1200, Smart 2400 and Smart 6000 - under volume-based plans and is levying Rs 389 for port speeds of 200 MB (Smart 200), Rs 810 for 500 MB, Rs 1,944 for 1200 MB, Rs 3,111 for 2400 MB and Rs 6,480 for 6,000 MB, they said.

VSNL would levy around Rs 1-1.8 per MB, depending on the schemes of the volume-based plan, they said.

Under the time-based plan, the subscriber is charged for the time spent on the Net, which is measured in hours. The plan is useful for customers who do not use internet extensively and log on for a particular reason only, they said adding, per hour would range from Rs 10 to Rs 15.

The schemes, which are partly available in the city, would be commercially available across Mumbai from August.

How expensive!!!

Unlimited downloads @ any speed is much better!

And there is no mention of the speed which is gonna be given :P

speed is 512 kbps and its come in my area.... i stay in shivaji park...

i got a brochure with my morning newspaper abt this..

neo

speed is 512 kbps and its come in my area.... i stay in shivaji park...

i got a brochure with my morning newspaper abt this..

neo

is there any telephone number on the brochure... if yes then please send me the same at ratanshi@gmail.com.... if possible please email the scanned copy of the brochure also...

thank you in advance