Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
harismahesh

Is There Any Good Pda Cdma Phone Other Than 6700 ?

I want to buy a good cdma pda phone other than 6700... anyone please help me ?

which is the better one ?

Will Tata's handset konquer work with Reliance ?

Please give a valid reply

Conquer is very old PDA, 6600, so dont even now consider it. 6700 is far better. 6800, if you get it or if u can convert to RUIM, could be better bet and you can also consider palm treo 700P or 755P if you like palm OS.

Treo you have to import from US. Treo 700P has superb battery life, excellent network performance. Very stable OS with almost all features of WM5 / WM6. Except glamorous today screens and user interfaces. And ofcourse outdated web browser. WM5 internet explorer is way ahead on PALM blazer browser (almost 4 years no update).

Frankly, I found PALM os far more better than WM5 / WM6

@nirvana what is the price of ppc6800

What about HTC Touch CDMA imported from US. Has anybody imported it and made it work on Reliance?

unless you a big fan of dreamy responses that the windows OS generates (having used one) i would urge you (and second kshah) on the shift to palm for battery, reliability and ease of usage. but then u gotta figure out your priority first...

u need to also remember that reliance, just like any other resource hungry cdma network, needs a lot from your phone... and u barely get to exploit it cause the battery never lasts...

i, for one,am happy to have moved on to the treo 700p and can finally do all that i wanted with my phone...

Edited by Dj

Just get 6800 and Directly Solder RUIM to Board and Activate it on Reliance Simple and Greate PDA with WiFi Power full Battery Bright Screen Keyboard and Dual Core Processor

!!!

^^^

Looks great. But is the price an appropriate one? What is the cost of 6800 generally?

The phone mentioned in ebay is a htc 6800 set.it mentions that the phone is ruim based and it will work on both tata and reliance.is it true?

what will be the price of Treo 7000.. is there anyone selling it in INDIA ??? also will this ppc 6800 cost this much.............anyone give me a suggestion.. if anyone has picture of Treo please post it

6800 in US cost about US $ 450-500 and Treo 700P with bad ESN brandnew on ebay may cost max US $ 175 (I bought it for US $ 180 b4 6 months)

If 6800 is RUIM enabled it must work with any operator RUIM

To see palm phones goto www.palm.com

700P is Palm OS and 700W/x is WM5 phones

755P is again palm OS

How do you get a palm device to work on the reliance network ?

6800 in US cost about US $ 450-500 and Treo 700P with bad ESN brandnew on ebay may cost max US $ 175 (I bought it for US $ 180 b4 6 months)

If 6800 is RUIM enabled it must work with any operator RUIM

To see palm phones goto www.palm.com

700P is Palm OS and 700W/x is WM5 phones

755P is again palm OS

u can do a little research... for now till u get one i can assure u it works... me already using one... and happy to be :)

Is the UTStarcom XV6800 by Verizon and the HTC Mogul PPC6800 by Sprint, the same phone marketed by different companies ?

Edited by Anupe

yes... it is also known by two other names... htc/utstarcom is the company manufacturing these phones out of taiwan. then different cellphone/carrier companies co-brand and customize these phones as their own and hence they co-exist with various names albeit being similar broadly...

Edited by Dj

now the catch here my friend is to look for an "UNLOCKED" phone... which translates into a phone only offer... unlike one bundled with a subscription contract of 1 or two years hence subsidizing the cost of phone... so in all probability buying one directly from a carrier like sprint/nextel/verizon/alltel will come with a plan and hence a puny value. u can buy unlocked phones off ebay.com and other websites... just attach the word unlocked to your search.

now there are so many PDA's available for reliance. Thanks to hetal and other gr8 tweakers.

now there are so many PDA's available for reliance. Thanks to hetal and other gr8 tweakers.

True!!! Only one problem (and this is just MY problem)... I dont have the technical gyan to make these pda's work, like hetalbhai or the other awesome techie guys here on the forum can........ :NOTriste:

jusr be online and ask live help, there are good guys around in this forum who helps. :lol::rolleyes:

Before anyone opts for this please remeber you will loose WARRANTY....... by making such changes.

Before anyone opts for this please remeber you will loose WARRANTY....... by making such changes.

by getting a phone meant to be used in US on their network, to India to use it here is a loss of warranty in the first place...