Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spknair

Windows Xp Service Pack 3 Final

Windows XP Servicepack 3 final Released to manufactures. Even though we couldn't find it from microsoft download center through search. Download it from here and make your XP up to date!!!

Windows XP Servicepack 3 Final

:Sorprendido::Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

is it good. ?

what is the size of the pack...

Its 336 MB.

looking for the change log before i download...

The file is not extracting properly. Getting a "File Corrupt" error!!

Just yeaterday I downloaded from here

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/3...SP3-x86-ENU.exe

it worked.

Details

Microsoft windows XP professional

Version 2002

Service pack 3, V.3311

It does improves performance. Little faster than SP2 and there is processor speed fix.

Edited by kshah

Well can U please let me know what is the major and other benefits upgrading to Service pack 3. Is there any Change in Graphics or we simple get a name in system properties that our windows is now SP3...?

No UI change. It seems more of security patches and few system stability and related enhancements.

If you have automatic update on and has all updates installed, I dont see any reason to install SP3. I did it because I never do automatic updates.

it worked.

Details

Microsoft windows XP professional

Version 2002

Service pack 3, V.3311

It does improves performance. Little faster than SP2 and there is processor speed fix.

This one works!! :clap:

i dunno why this happens but yesterday just for the kicks, i downloaded ie7 after validating my windows xp... everything went fine till it asked me to reboot my machine and once it did... bammm... error with iertutil.dll... which after scourging thru forums online i realised is certain death for windows...

i was finally able to rescue my laptop this afternoon after applying like a zillion fixes... couldnt restore as this error even stops that... i am off downloading from the microsoft website... have never updated win xp either just for this reason...

What Is In Service Pack 3

Windows XP SP3 includes all previously released Windows XP updates, including security updates and

hotfixes, and select out-of-band releases. Windows XP SP2 was released in August 2004. Since then,

Microsoft has released hundreds of updates. Windows XP SP3 includes all of these updates.

Microsoft is not adding significant Windows Vista functionality to Windows XP through SP3. However, SP3

does include Network Access Protection (NAP) to help organizations that use Windows XP to take advantage

of new features in the Windows Server® 2008 operating system. Further, Windows XP SP3 does not include

Windows Internet Explorer 7. For more information about Internet Explorer 7, visit

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...ie/default.mspx.

Knowledge Base article 936929 lists all other all Knowledge Base articles that Windows XP SP3 addresses.

The following sections provide a high-level description of the functionality included in Windows XP SP3. For

example, the service pack includes functionality previously released as updates, such as the Microsoft®

Management Console (MMC) 3.0 and the Microsoft Core XML Services 6.0 (MSXML6). Users can download

these updates and apply them individually to computers running Windows XP SP2. Windows XP SP3 also

includes a small list of previously unavailable functionality, including NAP and an update of Windows Product

Activation.

Deploying Windows XP SP3

Windows XP SP3 will be available through Windows Update and the Microsoft Download Center. The service

pack will also be available to Volume License customers, TechNet subscribers, and MSDN® subscribers.

Through Windows Update, the download size varies, but it is typically 70 megabytes (MB), depending on the

computer’s configuration. Through the Download Center, the download size is approximately 580 MB.

Fundamentally, deploying Windows XP SP3 works the same as deploying SP1 and SP2 for Windows XP:

ï‚· SP3 is cumulative, so users can install SP3 on top of Windows XP SP1 or SP2.

ï‚· Windows XP SP3 supports the same languages as Windows XP did in its initial release.

ï‚· You can run the SP3 update package on any SKU of Windows XP SP1 or SP2. For example, you can run

the SP3 update package on a computer running the Windows XP Media Center Edition with SP1.

ï‚· Tools and guidance for system administrators have not fundamentally changed from Windows XP SP2.

For comprehensive information, visit the Deploy Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Service

Pack 2 Deployment Information sites on Microsoft TechNet.

ï‚· You can deploy SP3 using Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003, Microsoft System Center

Configuration Manager 2007, or third-party solutions. The process has not fundamentally changed.

Windows XP SP3 is for x86 editions of Windows XP only. The x64 editions of Windows XP were serviced by

Windows Server 2003 SP2. For additional information, go to Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2.

Summary

Windows XP SP3 combines all previously released performance, security, and stability updates. It also

provides a limited number of new and enhanced functionalities, although it does not significantly change the

Windows XP experience or bring most Windows Vista functionality to Windows XP. The goals of Windows XP

SP3 are to:

ï‚· Provide a new baseline for customers still deploying Windows XP, to help them avoid the inconvenience

of applying individual updates.

ï‚· Fill gaps in the updates users might have missed by declining individual updates when using Automatic

Updates, and to deliver updates not made available through Windows Update.

For more information about Windows XP SP3, go to Windows XP Service Packs.

still doesn't excite me enough to d/l it from their website :P

it worked.

I downloaded this file but was unable to unzip it as it was a corrupt file.

Edited by anuragz

Download has worked for me. May be your download manager or connection is causing problem.

i dunno why this happens but yesterday just for the kicks, i downloaded ie7 after validating my windows xp... everything went fine till it asked me to reboot my machine and once it did... bammm... error with iertutil.dll... which after scourging thru forums online i realised is certain death for windows...

i was finally able to rescue my laptop this afternoon after applying like a zillion fixes... couldnt restore as this error even stops that... i am off downloading from the microsoft website... have never updated win xp either just for this reason...

Its probably because of virus, I forgot the name. It struck my lappy on 25th March and also changed MBR. Fortunately I could recover my system without any loss of data.