Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cowboy46

A918 Dual Sim Gsm+cdma Chinese Handset

Hello

Here's my story...

I am RIM user since the service started in New Delhi.

A month back my office admin issued me a new GSM connection of AirTel.

Now I had to carry 2 handsets for two diff providers and an obvious inconvenience.

My friend told me that there are some handsets in market which have ability to support (GSM+CDMA). I liked the idea.

At a mobile store Found some Spice handsets at starting range of 7K. However, these handsets were SIM based and my RIM connection was without SIM on RD6130. Therefore, a dealer suggested to get my RIM number trasfered to a R-UIM sim card at cost of 300rs and then I can go for any dual SIM handset.

Before finalising the handset we decided to go Gaffar market in Karol Bagh to see more variety of handsets cause I really did not liked the Spice mobile at that price. There were fewer choices available for CDMA+GSM handsets. One handset that looked smart was a chinese mobile 'Changjiang A918 Dual'. Bought this for 5500/-

Inserted both GSM and RUIM Sim cards. Instantly AirTel flashed on screen, seconds later C-40400 for CDMA network.

Dialed *228 to activate my RUIM sim. SURPRISE: "Welcome to Tata Indicom, please enter your 14 digit pin......." :Ohhhh:

Dialed again *228. Response: "Ring...Ring..Ring. Someone answered 'Hello'. I enquired if this was RIM activation centre. He responded, Sir this is MTNL Garuda customer care!!! LOL!! :Equivocado:

Dialed again *228. Response: "Welcome to Tata Indicom, please enter your 14 digit pin......."

Dialed again *228. Response: "Welcome to Relaince India Mobile..Your Sim has been successfully activated, please switch off...."

I thought everything is fine now. Phone has finally searched the right network.

Switched ON after 30 seconds. Tried to make a call. Response: "Please contact Tata Indicom customer care" !!! Damn!

Dialed again *228. Response: Tata... Dialed again *228: Tata

and since that day the handset loves Tata only. It never detected Reliance network. I tried to look for the network settings in the phone but manual network selection is available for GSM network only. Not for CDMA.

Inserted my RUIM sim in a Reliance supported handset . There was no problem in getting the right network. Guess cause Reliance handsets are locked to any other CDMA networks. However, my A918 is open to all and therefore goes live on first network it detects and in my case its not Reliance but Tata.

Bought a Tata Indicom connection with SIM and inserted in A918. Service started and I was receving calls from both GSM and CDMA.

Again tried luck by inserting Reliance sim, but phone detects Tata only.

Now you know my problem....

To make calls from RIM, I had to buy another set RD3000.

The idea was to have one handset and I ended with having 4 handsets!!

Anyone knows how can I lock phone to other networks and enable Reliance only??? :help:

Specifications of the A918: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20464702...8_Dual_SIM.html

Online YouTube Video:

Thanks

Edited by cowboy46

^^^

@ Akhil

My dear friend, its really amazing that you are getting this kind of problem. I never heard about this kind of problem.

You can try your luck by setting your phone to its FACTORY SETTINGS. You will get the option of "Restore to factory settings" in the Settings Menu of your handset.

And their is a chance that you have a faulty RUIM. Check your RUIM also.

Regards.

but when RUIM is working in other set then wats the problem . . .might be there some handset problem coz its chineese

Very intresting problem

^^^

@ Akhil

My dear friend, its really amazing that you are getting this kind of problem. I never heard about this kind of problem.

You can try your luck by setting your phone to its FACTORY SETTINGS. You will get the option of "Restore to factory settings" in the Settings Menu of your handset.

And their is a chance that you have a faulty RUIM. Check your RUIM also.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply.

I did tried the reset too. That does not help either.

RUIM could be faulty but WebWorld guys will test it on Reliance supported handsets and it works fine on these.

Means phone could not read PRL and SID NID Data from RUIM Properly

and thus its trying to get whatever CDMA Frequency is available, Definately a Handset Problem Upgrade the Software if Support is available or else go to Spice D88n Handset

@akhil,

Your post is really hilarious. But as rightly said by HP above, there seems to a handset problem only. Maybe you can return the piece and get another from the shop that sold it to you. Another thing is that "Never trust any Chinese handsets". Probably if you had visited our forum regularly you would have known better.

Either way, you ended up spending more than 7k - the original cost of a Spice D88n.

Dear,

I also have CHANGJING A918 handset, but its work with reliance network without any problem

try to change the r-uim (reliance sim),

purchase new blanck ruim Go to web world report your handset is lost & they give you your old Mobile no. in new sim from system

activate this new r-uim with your LG RD-3000 reliance handset. (*228)

check activation

after all remove from lg & try in A918

try try but don't cry

YOU HAVE PROBLEM BECAUSE YOU ACTIVATE YOUR R-UIM IN CHINA PHONE!

!!!TRY AT YOUR RISK!!!

Hi, I too purchased this model 15 days back fro Rs.5300 with dual battery pack. I was earlier using a Nokia 6265 model and wanted to switch over to a PDA phone. This one have 300 phone book entry, Dual camera one with 3 MP camera, GSM and CDMA support at same time, combined phone book and above all 3" touch screen PDA facility. I am using it without any problem of network or any other issues. I use a BSNL GSM sim.

I think your issue is that you activated the CDMA sim through this phone. Better to get a new SIM from Webworld and activate that using RIM enabled phone. Still that does not work you can get your phone exchabged at the same vendor shop as they offer service warranty for 6 months.

Now I am searching for the PC connectivity software for this model. I am really impressed with the performance at this throw away price.

If any one knows the link for PC software please share it here!

Dintis

This one have 300 phone book entry, Dual camera one with 3 MP camera

^^^

@Dintis

My dear friend, no chinese phone comes with 3 MP Camera resolution. Although it would be stated on your phone that the camera is 3 MP but infact it is not.

Your mobile's camera resolution would not be more then 1.3 MP.

You can check the same in the Image Resolution settings. Their you have to check the maximum resolution your camera supports. If it indicates that 1280 x 1024 is the maximum image size supported then your camera is 1.3 MP and if indicates that 640 x 480 is the max. size supported then your camera is just 0.3 MP.

Regards.

Dear Friend,

I too am using the same phone. I too purchased the relaiance VIM and got it activated over their phone itself, and later inserted in A918. itz working awesome. there isnt any problem as such, but the only problem is with regard to the software. even though it connects to the PC phone contacts cant be synchronized.If any body gets that also gimme the info,

Thanks and happy talking! :signthankspin:

Can anyone please help me out if there is any setting required on A918 for use of TATA or RELIANCE CDMA. GSM is working fine on it. CDMA network shows 40400 in both REL and TATA. But when tried to use it displays the message "UNABLE TO CONNECT" in both the cases.

Please help me out.

:NOTriste: Sneh :confuse:

^^^

Hmmm

My dear friend, actually in Cdma it should show you CU-CDMA. Try setting your handset to "RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS" from the setting menu. Hope your problem could be resolved.

Regards.

I have software that support all china phone.

what kinda software , could u post pl

pc suite for china handset

which pc suite nokia or any other?

Hello

Here's my story...

I am RIM user since the service started in New Delhi.

A month back my office admin issued me a new GSM connection of AirTel.

Now I had to carry 2 handsets for two diff providers and an obvious inconvenience.

My friend told me that there are some handsets in market which have ability to support (GSM+CDMA). I liked the idea.

At a mobile store Found some Spice handsets at starting range of 7K. However, these handsets were SIM based and my RIM connection was without SIM on RD6130. Therefore, a dealer suggested to get my RIM number trasfered to a R-UIM sim card at cost of 300rs and then I can go for any dual SIM handset.

Before finalising the handset we decided to go Gaffar market in Karol Bagh to see more variety of handsets cause I really did not liked the Spice mobile at that price. There were fewer choices available for CDMA+GSM handsets. One handset that looked smart was a chinese mobile 'Changjiang A918 Dual'. Bought this for 5500/-

Inserted both GSM and RUIM Sim cards. Instantly AirTel flashed on screen, seconds later C-40400 for CDMA network.

Dialed *228 to activate my RUIM sim. SURPRISE: "Welcome to Tata Indicom, please enter your 14 digit pin......." :Ohhhh:

Dialed again *228. Response: "Ring...Ring..Ring. Someone answered 'Hello'. I enquired if this was RIM activation centre. He responded, Sir this is MTNL Garuda customer care!!! LOL!! :Equivocado:

Dialed again *228. Response: "Welcome to Tata Indicom, please enter your 14 digit pin......."

Dialed again *228. Response: "Welcome to Relaince India Mobile..Your Sim has been successfully activated, please switch off...."

I thought everything is fine now. Phone has finally searched the right network.

Switched ON after 30 seconds. Tried to make a call. Response: "Please contact Tata Indicom customer care" !!! Damn!

Dialed again *228. Response: Tata... Dialed again *228: Tata

and since that day the handset loves Tata only. It never detected Reliance network. I tried to look for the network settings in the phone but manual network selection is available for GSM network only. Not for CDMA.

Inserted my RUIM sim in a Reliance supported handset . There was no problem in getting the right network. Guess cause Reliance handsets are locked to any other CDMA networks. However, my A918 is open to all and therefore goes live on first network it detects and in my case its not Reliance but Tata.

Bought a Tata Indicom connection with SIM and inserted in A918. Service started and I was receving calls from both GSM and CDMA.

Again tried luck by inserting Reliance sim, but phone detects Tata only.

Now you know my problem....

To make calls from RIM, I had to buy another set RD3000.

The idea was to have one handset and I ended with having 4 handsets!!

Anyone knows how can I lock phone to other networks and enable Reliance only??? :help:

Specifications of the A918: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/20464702...8_Dual_SIM.html

Online YouTube Video:

Thanks

Anybody can give idea how to set gprs over airtel to A918 and any way to sync the contacts and calender please..

Thanks in advance

what kinda software , could u post pl

pc suite for china handset

Can you please give the link to download software.

Thanks in advance

^^^

Here is the code my dear friend :

Restore factory settings : *#987*99# OR *#66*#

OR

Default User Passwords : 1122, 3344, 1234, 5678

thanx honest

how can i load some games in the phone

thanx honest

how can i load some games in the phone

^^^

My dear friend, if your handset has JAVA then only you can load games in it.

Can anyone please help me out if there is any setting required on A918 for use of TATA or RELIANCE CDMA. GSM is working fine on it. CDMA network shows 40400 in both REL and TATA. But when tried to use it displays the message "UNABLE TO CONNECT" in both the cases.

Please help me out.

Dear Friends,

i was seen u people discussions. here i am paste PC suite of all china mobiles. i was seen this url in some where in net.

i think it may use full all of u guys.

code is http://rapidshare.com/files/90968231/ChinaPhone_PCSuite.rar

if its working fine. otherwise sorry for this.

:signthankspin:

Please help me out.

i dont know thats the problem of tata or reliance. i am also having same kind of phone with me. here i am discussing Unable to connect problem. i was also faced same kind of problem like Unable to connect. After changed my battaries i didnt get like that of problem. After changing also its not working there is IC problem in ur mobile. once u try this.

:signthankspin: