Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arnuld

Which Nokia To Buy

Hi all,

I want to buy a Reliance Pre-Paid connection and my experience with NOKIA GSM pushes me to buy a NOKIA CDMA . My budget is around rupees 3000/-. I want a simple phone with these 2 features:

1.) colors

2.) Polyphonic ringtones.

I need No Camera, No FM , I need nothing. Just a simple handset with good battery-backup and no troubles. SO what is your say ?

Hi all,

I want to buy a Reliance Pre-Paid connection and my experience with NOKIA GSM pushes me to buy a NOKIA CDMA . My budget is around rupees 3000/-. I want a simple phone with these 2 features:

1.) colors

2.) Polyphonic ringtones.

I need No Camera, No FM , I need nothing. Just a simple handset with good battery-backup and no troubles. SO what is your say ?

Hey buddy...

Nokia is always on the higher priced models..and the cheapest one starts from above 3500. U can refer the reliance site: http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...s_nokia2255.jsp which is the basic model of Nokia for reliance generally available for Reliance connections. If you are ready to spend more than 5000, you can get better models.

:rofl_200:

Hey buddy...

Nokia is always on the higher priced models..and the cheapest one starts from above 3500.

okay I got it. It means, no NOKIA for me. BTW, what about NOKIA 1325 ?

U can refer the reliance site: http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...s_nokia2255.jsp which is the basic model of Nokia for reliance generally available for Reliance connections.

At their web-site, may models are available, same for TAT Indicom. That doe snot mean all of them are good. Take my ZTE C335 from TATA Indicom, bought in with Rs 1000. totally 3rd class set:

1.) Very poor batter back up.

2.) only 1 or 2 ring-tones ring. It has 32 tones but no matter what you set, it will always ring with 1 or 2.

3.) sometimes its keypad lock function does not work

4.) sometimes it shows missed calls in dialed numbers :\

so, many people have same problemsin RIM handsets. so thats why I asked it here.

NOKIA is very expansive I think LG will be a good option then. I am getting LG 3000 for 1300 and LG 3600 for 1800, both color, polyphonic, FM, no camera, + 300 for connection.

what you say about those models?

Edited by arnuld

^^^

LG's latest models have good battery backup. And most important, they are cheap at the prices you have mentioned. For RCOM, I would suggest you do not spend much on handsets. You never know, when they will raise rates by more than 1000%, yes that's right, 1000%..... Once they revise rates, you can safely throw away the handset and forget about it. Classics are still cheaper, but go for LG. Atleast you will have service centers in case you run into any problems.

Finally, you can get the LG 3000 for Rs 1300, LG 3100/3500/3600 for around Rs 1800 with the connection. Bargain with the dealers and you will get good deals. 4 days back, one of my office staff bought a LG 3100 for Rs 1800 with a LT connection. Try your luck. Enquire around.

okay, thanks guys. Searching this forums I found that NOKIA is not that good for CDMA. Anyway I heard a lot of praise for NOKIA 2112. Is it good.

and what about NOKIA 1325 ?

For around 5000-6000, If you guys can assure me the quality of NOKIA CDMA then I can buy it next month, rather than this week.

I did lots of Google search and found nothing but complaints for NOKIA 1325 :(

I am using Nokia 1325. Battery really ****s!

I did lots of Google search and found nothing but complaints for NOKIA 1325 :(