Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Mogul Latest Basic Rom 3.56.651.0 Radio 3.42.02

Edited on 27-01-2009 to include this post on top of the Topic

HOW TO UPGRADE TO LATEST SPRINT ROM ON UNLOCKED SPRINT HTC 6800 MOGUL

I recently had to format (hard reset) my ppc and I went through a lot of experimentation and I thought of sharing my experiences with other PPC users -

First of all I tried all new roms, including hetals 20748 (which he has since removed from the forum due to disillusionment with reliance) but eventually I reverted back to this the original Sprint ROM. Kindly also note that today 31st October is the last day that HTC will support WM6 upgrades, so pls download as soon as possible (at least that is what the HTC site says)

How to go about the upgrade-

- First backup all data to your PC (BY ACTIVESYNC) and also to your MicroSD card (which I found to be better) by a software named PPCPimBackup.exe (easily available), which i feel is the best backup software ever and it backs up all your Contacts, Messages, Emails, Appointments, Tasks, Notes, Custom Files, Call Records etc...

- Next download the original Sprint ROM from here http://www.htc.com/u.......=75&cat=all

- Also download Hetals Extended Rom and Cracking-6800 tools from here (you never know when you may need them) - http://rapidshare.co...acking-6800.rar and here http://rapidshare.co.../6800-ExRom.rar

- Next Connect your Phone to the PC by the USB Cable and connect via ActiveSync and do your synchronisation one last time

- Disconnect usb cable and Then hard reset your phone by pressing the left and right soft keys and put the stylus in the reset hole - follow screen prompts - press R to proceed and finally space to hard reset (For the next step, I am presuming you are already on some sort of original sprint rom; on hetals rom you may let customisations run, but once your reload the sprint original rom exe in the following steps, you need to do exactly as mentioned in the next step (A))

(A)- On first start up BE CAREFUL and be ready with the stylus in your reset hole and as soon as you see 3 seconds to run Sprint Customisation message on screen -PUSH THE STYLUS TO SOFT RESET YOUR PHONE - if you do not do that you will see the Roaming Icon on Top (harmless) and you will have to reload the reliance.prl by QPST Service Programming, which is also not a big deal, and which you should do anyways to check your Service Programming is OK. Better copy the reliance.prl to your memory card and you can access it through ##778# if needed and reload prl directly from phone ALSO.

- Then remove your battery and reinsert and soft reset your phone after it has booted fully

- Next once again Connect your Phone to the PC by the USB Cable and connect via ActiveSync. You may login in activesync as a Guest at this stage by pressing cancel to any screen prompts you may get

- Then run the exe file you have downloaded _HTC Mogul (Sprint)_RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.56.651.0_RS_TITAN_3.42.02_SPCS2.04_PPST_0718_Shi

p.exe

- Let it complete fully; will take upto 10 minutes; then follow instructions as in (A) above so as to reset your phone before Sprint Customisations run on first startup

- Next you also have to download the Extended ROM / Cracking 6800 folder from Hetals New (now old) ROM Topic (link given above), to get the required files. Load the 3 files (HP_Rel_MobileWorld.cab, HP_Rel_NetConnect.cab and Reliance3.sa.cab - these 3 files are under the boot/service folder in the extended rom) as detailed in Anupes Post Link given below and complete all steps given in that post. Also read the Links of Anupe's from HTC Tweaks topic page 17, GIVEN IN QUOTES BELOW (and here's the link also-read post no 28) -

http://www.rimweb.in...w...13438&st=15

(1)Hook up PPC to computer thru ActiveSync, with Hetal's extended ROM extracted into SD card so that two folders called Boot and Service and a SD Config text file are located in the SD card.

(2)Bring up the bootloader and flash Sprint Leaked ROM and let it install. (Please ensure you have already unlocked using Cokeman's unlocker if you are doing this for the first time!!)

(3)Remove USB connection to computer and let Initial booting up of PPC happen, giving about 30 seconds time before calibrating stylus, etc.

(4)Soft reset BEFORE Sprint customisation takes place ( when you see you have 3 seconds for Sprint customising to begin, immediately do the soft reset!!)

(5)After the PPC boots up completely, check connection setting to see if Hetals cabs have been loaded, if not, run the cabs from Service folder in your SD card. The cabs which need to be installed are HP_Rel_MobileWorld, HP_Rel_NetConnect and Reliance3.sa.

(6)After making sure now the Reliance settings are visible in your connection settings, soft reset once more and let PPC re-start.

(7)On your desktop, right click and create new text file and rename it as HTC_CM_Guardian.exe.

(8)Download and install Total Commander (cab or windows installer version) from HERE on your PPC.

(9)Now connect your PPC to computer and upload the HTC_CM_Guardian file you had earlier created and save it on your SD card.

(10)Browse to the Program folder on your phone and delete the folder named IOTA from there.(Use Total Commander if the folder is not visible with File Explorer) However Please note that I could not find IOTA Folder; it was visible only in some older Sprint Roms; So dont Sweat/Panic if you dont find it by Total Commander also. Just forget it and proceed...

(11)Using Total Commander, browse to Windows folder and replace the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file you will find inside there, with the 0byte HTC_CM_Guardian folder you have in your SD card.

(12)Close all applications, disconnect from USB cable and soft rest your PPC.

(13)When PPC has fully booted up, Go to Setting/Connections/Manage my Connections and delete the Sprint dialer you see inside there and click OK.

(14) Next go to the Advanced tab and under Select Networks, select Reliance MobileWorld as your Network and click OK.

(15)Test you connection now using Internet Explorer, your phone should be able to connect to the Net directly.

(16)Soft reset once more, and after phone has fully restarted, click IE and check if Net is being connected. It should be working perfectly fine.

- After loading the Sprint ROM, remember not to let Sprint Customisations run by keeping stylus ready in your hand and push in reset hole below the phone as soon as you see the Sprint Customisations will run in 3 seconds message on screen(otherwise you will have to reload the reliance.prl again) and the load the 3 Reliance cabs, then also load the HP_Rel_Settings.cab from the Boot/Other Folder in the Extendend ROM to get all Reliance Dialler settings and also to get Rworld file in your programs. Read Anupes Topic properly before proceedings. Delete Sprint Connection as described in Anupes Post.

- Next also load HP_GPS.cab file (from Page 1 post no. 10 of this topic)

- Follow instructions given previously in this topic to configure My ISP connection (Phone as Modem) to use your phone as modem

- Next Load emunutz HTC Home Customiser (to get the HTC Home Screen). It will automatically download the latest version of HTC HTC Home on first run. Select Segoe Bold Grey Shaded as default Clock; Original Semi-Transparent as BackGround; iPhone-Dannydeman as Icons (You may need to download this icon from Download tab); Destinator as App6, Google Maps as App7, PPcPimBackup as App8, TCPMP as App9 (these applications will only show after loading them first); In weather Tab, select your home city - Save

- Copy PPCPimBackup.exe to your /Windows/Start Menu/Programs folder. Restore all your data/messages/contacts by PIMBackup software, in programs.

- Next Load all programs that I have loaded namely - Resco Explorer, Resco Registry-In (both these programs are there in hetals extended rom that you have downloaded - RescExplorerEn_p.ARM.CAB and RegistryEn_p.ARM.CAB under the Boot/Other folder), Google Maps, Opera 9.5 Beta, burt iContact (iContactBE5.1.CAB file in the Boot/Other folder), Ashok Karkera contact restore, Valentin Iliescu Chess, ashoksoft Disablethreadedsms (attached), ashoksoft Enablethreadedsms (attached), TCPMP The Core Pocket Media Player

- All these programs give me the versatility to enable and disable threaded sms at my whim (attached), Keep the latest icontact together with normal contacts, Latest Browser, Best Chess Game, Best Explorer and Registry Editor, Best GPS Software, Best Media Player.

- You may also load up destinator as per my earlier posts directly to your memory card and run it by copying and pasting the shortcut of destinator into the /Windows/Start Menu/Programs directory by Resco. Also copy PPCPIMBackup.exe directly to this folder (as it does not install automatically)

- Copy the latest ringtones into the /Windows/Rings folder and Alarm Files i.e. wav files directly to /Windows folder, if you so desire

- Google Search and Copy DiamondQVGA.tsk (32KB) (attached) file to your My Documents folder, so as to set your theme to Black Diamond Theme (just Beautiful)

- If you so desire you may also install SPB Mobile Shell 2.2 and then install the theme given in http://www.rimweb.in...w...9144&st=315 by Hari S. Mahesh and also his Diamond Style Opal Comm Manager (on next page), if you so desire (though not done by me-system hog)

- For most of the software I have mentioned above, just google search them or better still search the HTC forum pages on RimWeb and you will find most of them...

- Please read the following posts in this Topic surely - Post # 10, 12, 28, 42 & 55

- MOST STABLE AND FULLY FUNCTIONAL PHONE , I have encountered till date...

Edit 01-11-2008

I HAVE FIXED THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL/SPC (mine has been changed to 000000). Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). Click Edit. You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)

Edit 2

I have Changed the Short Date Format to show Day of the Week also, through Resco Registry Editor:

Applications may call upon the system to provide a 'short date format'. One such application is the Date/Time display in the taskbar, if set to show the date. To change the Short Date Format to show "Sat 01-Nov-08" (example):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides\SSDte = "ddd dd-MMM-yy " (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Edit 3

Added Screen Shot and software (kindly remove .zip in front of the cab file and use it)

Edit 4

Reliance.prl inside the reliance.zip added, in case you get the roaming icon and you need to update your prl

Edit 5 09-11-2008

Diamond Rings and Alarm Tones added - My Ring-Innovation; My Alarm-Dawn

Edit 6

HTC Home Customiser added (HHCv10Final.zip) - It will automatically download HTC HTC Home on first use - so be ready with a WiFi Connection/Rel Netconnect...

Edit 7 10-11-2008

Rapidshare Link added for Cracking 6800 and 6800 Ext-Rom folders

Edit 8 11-11-2008

Added Pocketrar.cab.zip file - just rename it by removing the .zip in the end and it will work

Set SMS alert - Messaging: New Text Message alert as - alert-Facet, Display Message On Screen ticked, Flash Light for 15 minutes ticked, Vibrate On ticked.

Edit 9 13-11-2008

Working TCPMP (Core Player) Added (TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.CAB)

Thanks Arun, nice to know we can add cab files directly now...

Edit 10 19-12-2008

Working Skype added in Post # 151

more coming.... (maybe)

NOTE: This topic is assuming that you have already got an UNLOCKED Mogul and have already set all other parameters like MIP to Simple IP only etc; for Unlocking kindly refer to Techie Enclave or become a member (if not already so) by contacting the Admin Arun; or you can contact me personally for unlocking procedure;

FOR REST OF THE ATTACHMENTS SEE POST NO. 86 ON PAGE NO. 6

Dear Friends,

I am opening this topic as many of us are liking the Sprint basic ROM. Lets discuss the problems and solutions here.

I have switched to this ROM as per post of Vijay and Anupe after deleting the HTC_CM_Guardian.exe file and loading Reliance settings files.

Now I am able to connect to Internet through the PPC through both Mobile World and Net Connect connections and also GPS is working just fine (after loading Hetals GPS cab). I could not find the IOTA folder through both Resco and Total Commander maybe due to the fact that I had not let the Sprint Customisations run.

Problems I am facing are:

1. When I try to connect through the Internet sharing program to use my phone as a modem on a laptop, it gets disconnected everytime. Once, I dont know how, it got connected, but not since then. I have tried changing the connections etc..

2. New QuickGPS needed. However I think Quick GPS does not have no role here anymore. However The one I loaded Ver 1.00 (Build 615.715) is not downloading data. Even after connecting it gives message - Connection failed. Please try again later. Through both Wi-Fi or Activesync.

3. Chess game as in Hetals G Rom needed.

Solutions needed...

Other problems being searched...

post-18748-1235636272_thumb.jpg

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

I'm using Sprint ROM same as mentioned. I've not done anything to guardian. I didn't let sprint sutomisation run. I can connect to Reliance World and Reliance Connect.

Even I can connect to both on the PPC but can you use your PPC as modem to connect to internet on your PC, that is the question...

When I try connecting through Internet sharing - it gives me message Cannot Connect-The remote party has ended this connection. Maybe we need an enhanced Internet Sharing Program as was there in Hetal's New ROM in which we could also select which connection we want to use to connect to Internet Sharing.

Edited by dkaile

even i have been on original Rom since it was upgraded.

Problems faced by me:

1. Window Media player doesnt play after the screen is switched off

2. I am using Destinator as GPS s/w, need more detailed Pune Map

3. Need Core/TCMP player cabs

4. cannot connect activesync via Bluetooth to my laptop (Windows Vista)

5. Need key to resco explorer

... more to come.

Thanks Dheeraj for starting this topic!

@ dhiraj, even i have the same problem of internet sharing... it wasnt there for the previous original sprint rom... I connect the phone to the internet, and then through BT, i connect the computer.... the data is being up/dw on the phone, but i cannot browse on the pc...

help required...!! :(

Resco 2008 Device ID: PPC-6800 Serial:36284. Also try 36744, 19229, 65377

@Anupe

@Vijay

Waiting for your responses to my problem...

Edited by dkaile

@Dhiraj

I am not try rconnect on my mogul so not idea about for that?

In this think i think some registry tweak needed it surely help by HETALBHAI Guruji.

No need of Quick Gps Gps work very smoothly in original rom

@vijay

BTW how's the iphone theme working. Any problems, Worth downloading?

Hurray

OK Friends,

I got the resolution to the problem of using phone as modem. You have to configure the MyISP connection in this new rom with the details like your 10 digit phone no. and password. And VOILA you are connected to the PC as modem (In fact I am typing and sending this post through mu PC using my PPC as modem), because by default in this new rom, it uses My ISP connection to connect through in Internet Sharing.

Thats it, so simple...

Edited by dkaile

Here's the HP_GPS.cab file (remove the .zip in the end by renaming it, to use it), for GPS settings, because in this ROM, when connecting GPS from your device, the Default connection also comes alive (donno why). After installing this small 5kb cab, your registry entries get OK and the phone does not try and dial a connection.

HP_GPS.cab.zip

Edited by dkaile

^^ Dhiraj, how do u configure the my isp in the mogul?? a step by step guide..

also i havent yet used gps, and i would like to try it out... could u tell me how should i go about it??

^^^^

Go to Start-Settings-Connections-Connections-Advanced-Select Network-Select "My ISP" from the drop down box in Programs that automatically connect to Internet box-Edit-You will see a connection "phone as modem"-edit-next-next-then add your username and password as your 10 digit phone no.-Finish . After that again select Rel MobileWorld as your default Connection (because the My ISP settings are automatically taken by Internet Sharing)

Then for connecting to Internet just go to Programs-Internet Sharing-PC Connection is USB-Click Connect. After it connects attach your usb cable to PC, thats it - PC will automatically detect internet Connection and you can start using internet. If for any reason it does not do so - Disconnect and repeat the procedure-It will surely do.

For GPS - First load the GPS cabs that I have given above to main memory-then reboot-then Download-Google Maps or search topic where I have explained how to load Destinator to kshah and load Destinator (Cant repeat the process, its quite long) (Its in the Topic - Find Your Way With The Htc Ppc 6800 - Mogul, PPC 6800 has a STANDALONE GPS!!! - And It works here too, Post no. 127). In Google Maps (which is the best except voice prompts) connect via Wi-Fi or RWorld or RConnect, let the map load, then click on Menu-Use GPS. Stand in open to sky area when you do so. It will connect to 4-7 satellites within 2-3 minutes. Thats it. Also Google Navigator is available with voice prompts, though I havnt tried it yet.

Edited by dkaile

@Dhiraj

Iphone theme work very fine going smoothly for me it was worth to use it.

@vijay

From what I have downloaded it seems very complicated to install. It doesnt have a single cab file and you have to install 4-5 softwares before installing it, and that also file by file. How did you install it?

@Dhiraj

other software is optional u can install only wisbar advance 3 and wad only after u need some software u can install it manually

@hitman

Go to HTC Site for loading Original Sprint ROM, That is the best. It has got all instructions also. The link is this - http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownload.aspx...=2&dl_id=73

Rest you also have to download the Extended ROM / Cracking 6800 folder from Hetals New ROM Topic, to get the required files. Load the 3 files as detailed above and also read the Links of Anupe's from HTC Tweaks topic page 17 (here's the link-read post no 28) http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...13438&st=15. After loading the Sprint ROM, remember not to let Sprint Customisations run by keeping stylus ready in your hand and push in reset hole below the phone as soon as you see the Sprint Customisations will run in 3 seconds message on screen(otherwise you will have to reload the reliance.prl again) and the load the 3 Reliance cabs, then also load the HP_Rel_Settings.cab from the Extendend ROM to get all Reliance Dialler settings and also to get Rworld file in your programs. Rest is detailed above. Read Anupes Topic properly before proceedings. He has given step by step method to load original sprint rom.

Edited by dkaile

thx a lot for replying ... If I just load Original Sprint ROM (without hetal bhai's mods) then also I need to do tht reset before Sprint Customizations?? Any other mods i need to do after loading Original Sprint ROM?? Will the phone keep working like it is doing now after doing just the ROM updated? btw when does the Sprint Customizations starts? just after the installation?

Edited by hitman

Yes, and Yes

k.. i have upgraded the rom... but now it shows a triangle at the top... wht' tht? and when a call comes it says i will be charged for roaming... :(

No you wont, And you let the customisations run, thats why that triangle has come. That triangle is harmless. To remove it you will have to use QPST programming to load reliance.prl once again in the Roam Tab. Read Dummies Guide for step by step procedure in Techie Enclave.

But if its in roaming then y its not charging me the roaming rate... I know I did it correctly cos as soon as the 3 sec windows appeared I reset it ... Also can u pls provide me the reliance.prl file and software to upload tht file ...

Sometimes it happens. Go to techie enclave and read dummies guide (if you are a privileged member-or else get its membership from Sadik/Arun (Administrator)) It gives detailed guide as to how load QPST and do service programming and load reliance.prl. Or else give me your email and I will send you that document.

I have send u my email id ... I guess by QPST u mean tht menu which comes after ##778# thing ... right? I need to edit some values there? I will check the guide ... Thx ..

That is EPST not QPST (but basically does the same things with lesser powers). But QPST is a full fledge PC based programme from HTC itself that lets u control all your phones parameters. Email sent to u. read it.

@Dhiraj

other software is optional u can install only wisbar advance 3 and wad only after u need some software u can install it manually

Hello VM, can you send us the required file with installation steps. If size of files are big then you can share the exact file name and location.

breg,

S@N

Edited by s4sanju