Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kshah

Billing Issues With Airtel.

As you all know I shifted to GSM because of reliances decision of Rs. 1 / 10 KB.

See how airtel charges twice for Mobile Office and AON.

post-842-1222499683_thumb.jpg

I have sent them mail, lets see what they do.

Surprising policy of Airtel

1. If you activate MO (Unlimited for a month) it is calculated 30 days from date of activation. If you talk to CC before activation, they will say, even if you activate it for a day, you will be charged for a month. But in reality it is 30 days from date of activation

2. When you activate AON (Airtel On Line), you are delivered settings by SMS, where home page is http://live.airtelworld.com, now as per CC executive, if I enter from this page, then I am charged 20 pc / 30 KB. If I set some other home page then browsing of 3 MB per session is free. I have sent them mail saying if it is so, why you provide home page? I can set home page myself. Lets see, I am going to take them on task for these charges.

Best part of Airtel is, you can view detailed bill including SMS, data, calls. This includes all activity.

All robbers are the same - no difference in caste, colour or creed....

Atleast with RCOM, the CMO listens and takes some action. Post the action taken by Airtel so that everyone knows....

Infact, I had no billing problem with reliance. I total have 20 connection, of which 4 connections are since 6 months after the inception of reliance and 16 since last about 2.5 years.

I have not faced more than 2 billing issues, that too small issues. None double charging sort of problem.

Edited by kshah

i would also say that I have never faced problem with the Reliance and Idea where as I have faced problem with Airtel and Vodafone. I remember Vodafone disconnected my phone after 6 months and gave the reason that they haven't recieved the documents. where as Airtel charged me for the roaming even though i never went outside delhi in that month

But at the same time I must appreciate airtel for its speed in addressing complaints. This is my 1st complaint and 3rd querry, but they try to solve problems fast.

Total 2 calls today and just now got e mail ensuring that by 3rd Oct it will be addressed and resolved.

Edited by kshah

But at the same time I must appreciate airtel for its speed in addressing complaints. This is my 1st complaint and 3rd querry, but they try to solve problems fast.

Total 2 calls today and just now got e mail ensuring that by 3rd Oct it will be addressed and resolved.

you are lucky that your problem is solved so quickly.

for one of my problem it took 1 month to resolve and that problem got resolved only when i called there techincal manager Megha. and one of my billing issue is still there for last 2 and half years and they don't have solution for that. every month either they forget to added the taxes or they charge higher call rates. i stopped calling at customer care. Now i am sending mail to the Appelate and after every third problem they assign a new guy from appelate to look after my issue :)

so it all about luck

UPDATE

Today morning I got SMS that I have to make payment as my total out standing is above my credit limit of Rs. 1600. So I sent them mail stating that you can disconncet my phone if they wish - but then I will not pay single peny unless I am instructed to do so by consumer court.

Then I got following mail, means they have resolved my complaint.

Dear Mr. Shah,

Thank you for contacting Airtel.

We understand from your previous interaction dated 27/09/08, you had expressed concern over charges towards Mobile Office facility and for your Airtel number 97249xxxxx. We do understand that you had expressed concern over the High usage alert received for the same.

We understand your concern and will work towards resolving the same. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

We request you to kindly ignore the message received regarding high usage alert.

We would like to confirm that a waiver of Rs. 1011.24/- towards Mobile Office rental charges has been posted in your account on 29/09/08. The credit for the same will be reflecting in your forthcoming invoice dated 24/10/08.

Please be informed that there is an outstanding of Rs.523.81/- in your account and unbilled amount of Rs. 111.55/- as on 29/09/08 which does not include the current usage, roaming, rental and discounts, if any in your account. We request you to make the payment at the nearest Airtel Relationship centre to initiate further action.

Henceforth, we assure you that your outgoing call facility will not be barred unless your usage exceeds the Credit limit of Rs. 1600/- assisned to your Airtel number.

For further assistance, mail us at 121@airtelindia.com

Edited by kshah

Very Fast solved the problem by Airtel

Fastest response is the speciality of Airtel,

I used a Airtel Postpaid connection 2 years ago, And I was too much impressed by there CC.

@Kshah - You got waiver from Airtel on writing a mail, Imagine if you had any problem in billing in Relinace, they wont provide you waiver on CC, rather they will say only one line " sir please visit nearest webworld"

When I used Airtel, I never went to Airtel Showroom for any problem, all my prob were solved from Telephonic and Mail CC.

Reliance CC have very low powers, so they send customer to ww and wwe.

Thats really a good news my dear Kalpak.

Cheers !

Yes, as amit said, reliance cc has very little or no authority. I suggested reliance many times that they should empower. In Airtel cc girl on phone waived of rs. 198 saying it is falsely charged. in reliance its not possible even in ww. They too will make case and send email which will be replied in a day or two.

Reliance should beware of Airtel. This type of speed I never expected. Frankly I was preparing myself for yet another number change. :)

No airtel in my bedroom :(

Stuck with !dea.

@ kalpak,

Very good and fast response from Airtel, you are very lucky. But this also proves that one has to persevere, nothing comes automatically. If one does not have the time or the inclination, one can never get things done with any CC - be they Airtel or RCOM or any other tom, **** or harry operator.

Now, RCOM CC/CMO has to copy the speeds of customer problem resolutions apart from just the tariff plans.

I have experienced the worst CC from Vodafone with respect to GSM services. I was not getting signals in one particular area. I emailed to Vodafone and their reply after more than a month was that they tested the network services at my billing address and found it to be OK. Wonderful CC services, I must say. This is what they actually mean by "Happy2Help". I wrote back a very very nasty email to them, for which I am yet to receive a reply.

^^^

My dear Kumaar, my experience with Vodafone is just different. I too was not getting proper signal at my residence. Every now and then the network jumps to different cell sites. I registered the complaint, their technical team visited our area, and I was told that I will get fluctuating network only as Vodafone doesn't have any plans for a new cell site near my residence. I gave them the threat to surrender my number. Then I received the call from retention department and they promise me very soon they will come with a new cell site near my residence. And see, within 2 months they installed a cell cell site just adjacent to our society.

Regards.

I have been an airtel postpaid user now for over two years and I have seen various irregularities in the bill from time to time.Sometimes they would activate a pack that I never activated, or sometimes they would double charge.

But the best part of Airtel atleast(if you can call it so) is that the CC is very prompt and you get a refund there and then on the call.So just examine the monthly bill carefully before doing the payment.The fact that it is very detailed also helps in finding out where exactly h ave you been billed.