Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mufaddal

Lg Kp500 - The Most Affordable Touch Phone

big.jpg

Aiming at the midrange market, LG will be bringing full touch handsets to the masses, by introducing their latest LG KP500. Standing at 11.9 mm of thickness, the LG KP500 may be affordable but not at the expense of style.

Borrowing its design from the LG RENOIR , the LG KP500 uses the latest reincarnation of the proprietary LG Flash-based UI. The user interface is thumb-optimized, but a stylus is also provided to assist handwriting recognition. Unlike the LG Viewty however, the stylus here is tucked into the body of the handset itself.

he LG KP500 is not a high-end device, but once again it's feature pack is optimized for affordability. The KP500 doesn't have 3G support, but there's quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE for a true world-wide use.

It also has a 3 megapixel fixed focus camera, but there's a 3-inch wide touch screen display with a resolution of 240 x 400 pixels to poke around. A microSD memory card slot, stereo Bluetooth, FM radio and an accelerometer for auto screen rotation and gaming completes the tally. A virtual landscape QWERTY keyboard and office document viewer are also present.

gsmarena_001.jpggsmarena_002.jpggsmarena_003.jpggsmarena_004.jpg

Weighing only 89 g, the LG KP500 will land in Europe in October 2008. Its price will be announced later on

via : gsmarena

The price is not announced and how do you know it is affordable?.

big.jpg

Aiming at the midrange market, LG will be bringing full touch handsets to the masses, by introducing their latest LG KP500. Standing at 11.9 mm of thickness, the LG KP500 may be affordable but not at the expense of style.

Borrowing its design from the LG RENOIR , the LG KP500 uses the latest reincarnation of the proprietary LG Flash-based UI. The user interface is thumb-optimized, but a stylus is also provided to assist handwriting recognition. Unlike the LG Viewty however, the stylus here is tucked into the body of the handset itself.

he LG KP500 is not a high-end device, but once again it's feature pack is optimized for affordability. The KP500 doesn't have 3G support, but there's quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE for a true world-wide use.

It also has a 3 megapixel fixed focus camera, but there's a 3-inch wide touch screen display with a resolution of 240 x 400 pixels to poke around. A microSD memory card slot, stereo Bluetooth, FM radio and an accelerometer for auto screen rotation and gaming completes the tally. A virtual landscape QWERTY keyboard and office document viewer are also present.

gsmarena_001.jpggsmarena_002.jpggsmarena_003.jpggsmarena_004.jpg

Weighing only 89 g, the LG KP500 will land in Europe in October 2008. Its price will be announced later on

via : gsmarena

dude it is not me who is saying it is affordable .....it is the source who is saying it ( gsmarena) also it is a marketing line used by LG when they announced it also dont take the line literally....when lg announced this handset they announced it as a " most affordable phone" meaning in their touch phones line up this will b d cheapest .......which means it will still b sumwhere above 15k

Edited by mufaddal_km

My dear friends, the above handset doesn't have 3g so its not worth the money.

If it has 3G then it will be really good.

Regards.

KAMAL Bhai Says

above handset doesn't have 3g so its not worth the money

will you think 3G will in active on GSM networks in near future?

(I know, a thread is going on based on this subject)

Edited by spknair

well i dont think v wud b having full fledged 3g b4 2010. so i dont think so it is not worth to invest in 3g less handsets .

also consider this that data on gsm is very costly as compared to cdma atleast here in india ...and looking at the way 3g data is charged around the world when 3g wud b launched in india it will b very costly so now u think how many people wud use it .

i have a frend who iworks in the technical dept n vodafone ...though they have started testing 3g he told me its still a very long way to go

KAMAL Bhai Says

i would like to reframe your question....

DO you think 3G will be active on GSM networks in near future?

Edited by suvirajshetty

also consider this that data on gsm is very costly as compared to cdma atleast here in india ...and looking at the way 3g data is charged around the world when 3g wud b launched in india it will b very costly so now u think how many people wud use it .

^^^

My dear friend, the one who purchase a highend mobile can definetely afford the higher rentals also. We are ready to pay more if we get quality and world class services.

And lets hope for the best my dear friends. 3G will be announced soon in India. Atleast MTNL and BSNL are going to start the same very soon.

Regards.

Dear Kamal Seems you misunderstood my post again.

First of all is phone is not a highendphone

And secondly who said only high hand phones have 3G.Today 3G feature has come to mid range phones n also appearing in low end devices

So by your logic if highend users wud afford it (I disagree on this) so what about the mid to lower end users who constiture more than 70% of mobile users. Wont it b costlier for them

Anyways seems v r going off topic

Full Specs

lg-kp500-single.jpg

LG KP500 specs will include:

Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900), GPRS/Edge connectivity

3″ 240×400px 262K color TFT display/touchscreen

3 mpx (2048×1536 px) camera with 12 fps video recording

Virtual on-screen QWERTY keyboard

FM Radio

Built-in motion sensor

46 MB of user memory

microSD memory card slot

Bluetooth A2DP, USB

900 mAh Li-Ion battery with 210 min talk and 330 hrs stand-by time

Dimensions: 106.5×55.4×11.9mm

Weight: 89

LG KP500 price in Ukraine will be $350 (~250 EUR). And, without subsidies, it should be similar in the rest of the world.

So, there you have it. LG KP500 is rather cheap handset among it’s full touchscreen peers. But it is also very basic - no 3G, no Wi-Fi, no GPS, no flash and autofocus for a camera and no fancy DivX playback on that big display.

But, I guess, a good option for a budget conscious full touchscreen phone fan.

[vIa: uNWirEdvIeW]

Edited by @ksh@T

KAMAL Bhai Says

i would like to reframe your question....

DO you think 3G will be active on GSM networks in near future?

:Contento::Contento: :Contento: :Contento:

That was a mistake, thank you