Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Basant

Pls. Suggest Me A Handset

Friends....I am using a Nokia 6265 since last 3 years. It has now developed a displace problem.

May be it is time that i replace a handset. My options are:

(a) Buy a good handset as permanent replacement ( like HTC or Palm trio) i use phone mostly for business

( B) Buy a cheap handset having RUIM/ SIM Card provision for use until 6265 is repaired.

Reliance is migrating to GSM. Is it worthwhile to spend too much on CDMA handset? What do you think?

Give me ideas please...

Then I suppose you should wait for gsm.... but cdma is not dying anytime soon.... low end LG 3600 is very good..... but if you want to stick to Reliance CDMA then go for Mogul at around 14-15K (full powered with WiFi and very good internet) or Treo 755p at 10K (Best as a Phone I have ever seen). Nokia 6265 u must have purchased for around 14-15K; these handsets are much better than any that Nokia offers in cdma...

Then I suppose you should wait for gsm.... but cdma is not dying anytime soon.... low end LG 3600 is very good..... but if you want to stick to Reliance CDMA then go for Mogul at around 14-15K (full powered with WiFi and very good internet) or Treo 755p at 10K (Best as a Phone I have ever seen). Nokia 6265 u must have purchased for around 14-15K; these handsets are much better than any that Nokia offers in cdma...

Can I use my existing RUIM in 6265 with LG3600?

I am based at Bhubaneswar. Where from I can get Mogul or Treo 755p? From Reliance WW?

For Mogul / Treo contact / sms, our beloved member Sadikk, Mobile 9324098555..!! :)

Can I use my existing RUIM in 6265 with LG3600? YES, and its 1500/- only

I am based at Bhubaneswar. Where from I can get Mogul or Treo 755p? From Reliance WW? These are brand new Imported handsets without Warranty, but we all are using them, contact Sadikk

Edited by dkaile

if u want a smartphone and dont want to invest too much then only two words PALM TREO

Reliance is migrating to GSM. Is it worthwhile to spend too much on CDMA handset? What do you think?

^^^

@Basant

My dear friend, as you know that Reliance Gsm services are going to start by next month, so in our opinion you should wait for atleast a month.

Their's no problem to spend huge amount on Cdma handset, may be its palm or HTC. But now a days Network in Reliance CDMA seems to be worst. Call Drops are increased a lot. Network Fluctuation is a common problem in Reliance now a days. And Reliance people are not responding to Network issues in CDMA as they used to be.

So, keep in mind these network issues with Reliance CDMA before buying any Cdma handset.

Regards.

I agree with Kamal points. Even I am very dissatisfied with Relaince CDMA service now (which used to be great 6 months back).

I am also in same position as you. So please wait till GSM launch. Donot invest in CDMA handsets now. Go for LG3500 or 3600 now.

^^^

@Basant

My dear friend, as you know that Reliance Gsm services are going to start by next month, so in our opinion you should wait for atleast a month.

Their's no problem to spend huge amount on Cdma handset, may be its palm or HTC. But now a days Network in Reliance CDMA seems to be worst. Call Drops are increased a lot. Network Fluctuation is a common problem in Reliance now a days. And Reliance people are not responding to Network issues in CDMA as they used to be.

So, keep in mind these network issues with Reliance CDMA before buying any Cdma handset.

Regards.

This problem is not only in CDMA, its even in GSM. I think in GSM its more severe. I am ing this because I am using Airtel and Reliance. Still I must say network quality of Reliance is far better than Airtel and Vodaphone in terms of network congestion and call drops.

This problem is not only in CDMA, its even in GSM. I think in GSM its more severe. I am ing this because I am using Airtel and Reliance. Still I must say network quality of Reliance is far better than Airtel and Vodaphone in terms of network congestion and call drops.

^^^

My dear friend, you are right that network problem is their with GSM also. But I'm stating specially Reliance here. Believe me, from the last 3 months their are a lot of network issues with Reliance. At my place I'm having 5 Reliance phones including FWP. Earlier I used to get superb network at my place, but now, it s**ks. And not ony at my place, but also at some other places their are Call Drops and Network Fluctuation issues. They are not taking these network issues seriously. Seems Reliance people are busy for their Gsm startup.

Network Fluctuation in Reliance is now common in most places. I do agree that earlier Reliance provided the best network for its Cdma services that why I had 5 Reliance handsets.

They have to work on Network Issues, otherwise they will be loosing their many subscribers like me.

Regards.

I am not facing any network problems in Reliance since last many months now here in Meerut... smooth as silk in voice, messaging and internet.... except of course minor niggles like Account Balance SMS problem (sometimes does not work due to congestion) and receiving unsolicited calls from Reliance etc... but these are minor issues...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

Yes my dear Dhiraj Ji, this problem could be Area Specific. As some circles have more congestion. But many of our friends who comes from different locations told in other threads, that they too are facing the same problem with Reliance now a days.

Regards.

Wow..... so rich inputs. Thanks everyone

It is true that there has been deterioration in Reliance quality over last few months. But GSM will also not guarantee ant quality of services. In Orissa Reliance runs GSM also and the service is worst, even inferior then BSNL.

By the way my handset had display problem. Usual problem in all slider phones. Went to Nokia Care, paid Rs. 1500 bucks and in 2 hrs the handset is working.

I am now really interested in Palm Treo 755p that everyone is talking about. My only issue is its availability & service at Bhubaneswar. Moreover, as i see from review / posts, it needs a techie brain to get the best out of it. Unfortunately i am a novice in this regard. How would I cope with it?

Sadikk would give it pre activated on your no. and for any other problems, we are sitting; and if you will give him 14K instead of 10K, he will give you warranty also (like these big companies are doing) and even at 14K it will be steal :P , but dont expect internet to be too smooth on it... read my topic on treo 755p.... it will be a good overall choice....

Below is the adivce I have received from dkaile for my questions:

I would like to buy one among Palm Tro, HTC Mogul and HTC Touch.

1. Would all these support Rworld so i can use yahoo messenger,etc.?

Ans.Rworld opens as a webpage with all 3 handsets but better with Mogul

2. Would these support Rconnect so that I can connect my PC to internet using this phone?

Ans. Yes, all

3. Would all these support expandable memory?

Ans. Yes, upto 4 GB (without problem)/8GB as Mini SD on Treo and upto 16GB as Micro SD with Mogul

4. Would all these support MMS?

Ans. No, Reliance problem

5. Would all these support video recording?

Ans. Yes, all

6. Among the 3 handsets what is your choice?

Ans. If Net browsing is your priority then Mogul (which is my primary handset), otherwise as a phone you cant beat Treo, my wife is using it, (but browsing is quite weak on Treo), Touch has no wi-fi like treo, so its last, but its lightest due to absence of any keys (all touchscreen)

7. Would any of these support synchronization with MS-Outlook?

Ans. All

8. Would any of these have built in browser for browsing internet?

Ans. All

This is a great forum. Thanks everyone..

Regards,

Uday.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

Sadikk would give it pre activated on your no. and for any other problems, we are sitting; and if you will give him 14K instead of 10K, he will give you warranty also (like these big companies are doing) and even at 14K it will be steal :P , but dont expect internet to be too smooth on it... read my topic on treo 755p.... it will be a good overall choice....

Thanks Dhiraj.... I will surely go for Palm.

Hello Sadikk,

I want to buy a Palm treo for reliance. I have been trying to reach you since 10 days. I know you are pre-occupied with a lot of things. Could you send me the cost and the process of how to buy one? My email id is udaymaddi@gmail.com.

Thanks in Advance,

UdayKiran.