Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
papikondalu

Android Port To Htc Apache (aka 6700) - Blog

If this happens soon there will be a major boom for old wm devices and also buy cheap wm devices and run android, which I think will be less resources hungry

well even i have seena lot of such videos ......but i guess there will b hardware complications......i dont think hardware meant for windows mobile can run android very smoothly......

But then also their are great possibilities to run Android on these WM Phones my dear friends.

Regards.

If this is actually possible for 6700 then it should be possible for other later phones also.

There is a section on the PPCGeeks.com too on the android on HTC Apache. Some ppl who have installed android are still facing some problems. Experts are ironing out issues. It should make for a good use of the old Apache.

Raju

Please check the following link "Android release and kernel 2.6.25 running on HTC Apache!" @ http://zakserver2.midphase.com/~chillaxi/?p=116

I'm excited to try this :)

-PK

guys chill it is not yet completely possible.......just imagine when apache cant run windows mobile 6.1 properly due to hardware problems then u think it will b able to run android flawlessly??????.......the guy in the video has just ported a kernel of android showing the open nature of the platform ........it is still far from complete........

Yes, it is far from complete especially CDMA and wifi modules are not yet ready. However, there is another option for us to experiment with.

WM6.1 works very well for me (with only a few issues, which will probably be ironed out soon).

-PK

If this happens soon there will be a major boom for old wm devices and also buy cheap wm devices and run android, which I think will be less resources hungry

Its Simple Android run on Virtual Machine called as Dalvik, Herit is the exe which Provide Dalvik Machine on Windows on Mobile So just have to Build Image with Proper Settings and run that Image under Herit.

We require Good Knowledge of Java and C++ to Possibly Port Android on any Dalvik Machine.

As Major Platfor of HTC is already tested on Android like HTC Touch, HTC Mogul, HTC Wizard, and infact G1 is also Built from HTC so RIL (Radio Interface Layor is very Compatible).

G1 Require atleast 128 MB ram so if planning to run under that Specification will not work Properly