Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miras

T9 On Rd2130

I have a RD2130. I was trying to add new words while using T9 using the multi-tap abc mode; HOwever, the learning is done only in the ongoing session. Once the message is sent and I start a new message entry, the learning from prev msg is no longer available..... Any solutions??? I have just got the version on my RD2130 upgraded.....

i've noticed this happen on my set too ... but words like "mahidhar" which i keep using very frequently get identified ... so i have a feeling, it accepts words that you keep using frequently and not words you would use once or twice :P

And as new words as added to the dictionary, the older unused words find their way out!

So it looks like there is no solution to this... except use the commonly used words more frequently..... seems like this is the FEATURE....

U cant edit T9 dictionary. But yes, there is T9 in the phone; U can call it Predictive Text Input! And it adds words in its Dictionary as new words which r unknown to it, r typed.(No. of such new words is also limited)

Speaking about T9, when my RD 2030 was new, I had checked the T9 website ...and one of the features T9 is supposed to have is that its supposed to remember your preference for words ...as a simple eg. if you want to type "u" for you, whenever you press the 8 key, "u" should be displayed ...but my phone displays "t". <_< Ideally it should learn and display "u", as that is by far the more frequently used letter!

Do other RIM models suffer in the same respect?

atleast my 7130 suffers the same. Only when u press the next button is my name(for example) displayed from the db store. This "feature" I suppose is due the need for making the T9 compatable with diff R-World applets programmed differently.

Whats could possibly be the connection between the two? <_< Why should T9's learning word preferances go awry with R-World apps?