Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
lavi4u

Blackberry To Open Its Showrooms In India

BlackBerry has decided to open its showrooms in India. The decision has been taken by the Canadian multinational company Research in Motion (RIM) that manufactures BlackBerry handsets.

This is the first time that the company has decided to open its dedicated showrooms in India anywhere outside United States and Canada.

The decision comes despite the fact that RIM faced raging controversy over high security features that the company uses in its handsets. The Indian security agencies had asked the company to reduce the high level of encryption.

Earlier Department of Telecommunication had asked the RIM to set up its local server in the country. This way it would have got more leverage over the company. But RIM had refused it as simply untenable. RIM had said that it will be very dangerous to lower the encryption level of the handsets as it will make it easier for hackers to hack into the important data of the Blackberry users.

The company had said that lowering the encryption level will endanger the security of business data of its customers as it would allow easy access to hackers to users’ data. “Encryption with key lengths of 128 bits or longer protects business communications and online transactions from hackers, thieves and other wrongdoers. If escrowed keys ever fall into the wrong hands, individual businesses and consumers would be driven away from using the internet for private, commercial and confidential communications . A similar result would follow from the dumbing down of encryption to levels that fail to offer protection . Either would greatly disrupt the ability of information technology to contribute to India’s rapid productivity growth” Research in Motion is believed to have told the authorities.

In another development the company had also said that it was being singled out by Department of Telecommunication (DoT) officials as there are several other companies providing similar services to customers with similar encryption level.

^^^

lavi plz use fonts in small size when posting to maintain the decorum of our forum.

^^^

lavi plz use fonts in small size when posting to maintain the decorum of our forum.

Sure BOSS. Your wish is my command

^^^^

U sure seem like a die hard fan of this crappy, overcharged and monopolistic blackberry services.... or maybe u are on their board somewhere...

^^^^

U sure seem like a die hard fan of this crappy, overcharged and monopolistic blackberry services.... or maybe u are on their board somewhere...

He's Just providing info Dkaile.

It just seems like a copy-paste to me. There's no evidene of him being a 'Die Hard Fan' dear.

Probably your'e right when u say its overcharged.. but why crappy & monopolistic?

Monopoly in which sense.. in preventing 3rd party apps?

^^^^

^^^

Its just like you, fan of some other Imported Handsets my dear Dhiraj Brother. :winko:

BTW, I never seen any Crappiness in Blackberry Handsets.

ACS and Honest on the job... let the man reply at least, and let him put his point of view, and I will place my rebuttal...

Edited by dkaile

ACS and Honest on the job...

With full HONESTY. :)

We are not DISHONEST either...

Edited by dkaile

@ACS

evidence of him being a die hard fan of blackberry (though there's no harm in it) -

Read topics

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=17075

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=16437

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15517

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15479

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=15323 Read Post no. 7

And I would definitely go for a BB, IF I got a FREE Handset with FREE Unlimited plan, like my dear friend @mitj@in...

Edited by dkaile

Its just like you, fan of some other Imported Handsets my dear Dhiraj Brother
Probably your'e right when u say its overcharged.. but why crappy & monopolistic?

well i m no bb fan either ...it doesnt require any explanation as to why bb are overpriced ....

well most of the bb handsets r overpriced for the features they offer ....they r crappy simply coz u spend 30 k for what ???

no camera _or underperforming camera

no or very little multimedia features

locked os

very few app support

not only this to buy a handset u spend so much...on top of that to access internet and mails u need to suscribe to bb services

now y do u need to pay for bb services everymnth ...u already have paid a premium while purchasing handset

if u look at nokia they too have email services which is getting better and better and its totally free u need to pay for data charges only

even apples mobile me is cheaper than bb servies and it offers much much more than push email

and if u look closely most bb owners r corporate people who get their expenses paid b it handset or monthly bill

now as far as impotred handsets r concerned ( except bb ) they r proper value for money ...u get their gsm counterparts at double the cost ...and not to mention their features r light yrs ahead of a bb

i know kamal and other people moght not b liking imported handserts ( for whatever reasons like no warranty etc etc ....) and i respect their opinion .....but when u get so many features at such cheap price who wont become a fan of these handsets ....

i m not a fan of palm or windows mobiile but when u get those handsets at unimaginable price ( example imported htc diamond at 14 k when officially it is available for 34k) ...who will not start praising their imported handsets

one more ironical thing that i see is that many users on this forum have issues with nokia/htc handsets which were purchased from reliance on warranty on contrary hardly anyone has had issues with imported handsets and whoever had issues their handsets were replaced by sadikk .....

Edited by mufaddal_km

And I would definitely go for a BB, IF I got a FREE Handset with FREE Unlimited plan, like my dear friend @mitj@in...

I didnt get it

one more ironical thing that i see is that many users on this forum have issues with nokia/htc handsets which were purchased from reliance on warranty

^^^

I'm using HTC S720 purchased from Reliance with Warranty and I'm 100% satisfied with this handset.

Blackberry handsets are mainly for Business Class. So can't expect multimedia features. And many Blackberry handsets are available under 15K also.

If any one subscribe to Blackberry Plans then he get the benefit of Unlimited Calling both Offnet and Onnet, Local and STD along with Unlimited Data and Free SMS to all Networks.

Blackberry's are worth the money. No matter how costly it is. Although their are always MASSES AND CLASSES.

Regards.

Blackberry's are worth the money. No matter how costly it is.

best of luck as and when u get one bb for urself

Blackberry's are worth the money. No matter how costly it is.

best of luck as and when u get one bb for urself

Thanks my dear friend. I'm going to buy one soon. :)

@mitj@in - cmon mate, you can tell us, we wont tell anyone about ur free handset... :)

@mitj@in - cmon mate, you can tell us, we wont tell anyone about ur free handset... :)

No Dear.. Even its a dealer or WW/WWE they have to buy at Distributor Price.

Only BB Unlimited plan comes probably at half the cost as its naturally high priced.

RComm is not that dildaar.. what do u think?

^^^^

I know my facts before I post.... and what I have posted is correct... but it was a two way conversation, which unfortunately has come in the open...

Edited by dkaile

^^^^

TO EACH TO HIS OWN

^^^^

True Mate, its a free country... and everybody makes his own choices according to his convenience.... and it was my personal opinion only (about the BB service i.e.)...

@ Honest

If any one subscribe to Blackberry Plans then he get the benefit of Unlimited Calling both Offnet and Onnet, Local and STD along with Unlimited Data and Free SMS to all Networks.

Customer gets benifit of Unlmited Calling by default?

If I subscribe to BB Plan 249, I shall get Free Unlimited Benifit?

I dont think so.

@ ACS

No Dear.. Even its a dealer or WW/WWE they have to buy at Distributor Price.

Only BB Unlimited plan comes probably at half the cost as its naturally high priced.

RComm is not that dildaar.. what do u think?

What Dkaile said is 100% true.

Dkaile didnt said in his post that @mitJ@in is Dealer/WW/WWE or anything.

My Friend has gifted me a Blackberry phone Free of Cost with Free Unlimited Plan, Bill is paid by my friend.

Is it not possible?

@ Honest

Customer gets benifit of Unlmited Calling by default?

If I subscribe to BB Plan 249, I shall get Free Unlimited Benifit?

^^^

My dear Amit actually I was not talking about lower rental BB Plans, infact I was referring to BB Plans like 2500 in which we get Unlimited Calling Local & STD and Unlimited SMS Free.

Regards.

@Amit.. where did my post mention that i was refering to you.. i simply quoted what Dkaile asked.

Anyways.. now let me clarify that i was indeed refering to you.. your earlier signature had your credentials.

And BTW, wish you're friend a Happy New Year if such a friend really exists..

Edited by ACS

again one off topic thread :Contento:

Great.. going guys... i mean the off-topic way!!