Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
compenn

GPRS

well, GPRS (General PAcket Radio Service) is used for packet data communication over air.

i.e. it's like a wireless link for data communication.

GPRS is used generally by GSM operators to provide the users with data connectivity thru their network(eg. internet connection on mobile)

Hi...

whats the catch with these flat-rate GPRS schemes (like from airtel) ....how do the companies afford it ? like,u can be online 24x7 all month and still the charge is same...

agreed, it is slower compared to Rconnect....but still, 600/mon sounds tempting....

If thats REALLY the charge of connectivity, why is CDMA so much more costlier ?

yes, i can see the 115 kbps Vs 33 kbps point....is this difference WORTH the seeminly huge difference in the monthly bill ?

and btw, whats with this - no matter which cnxn i use (CDMA or GPRS or a land-line dial-up), when we check the modem properties in our pcs, it always says "standard 28.8 kbps modem"....shoudnt it reflect the 115 kbps speed that rconnect provides when we use it ??

If cable operators can give net fo Rs 500-700 with unlimited downloads, why cant Airtel afford it? ;)

If cable operators can give net fo Rs 500-700 with unlimited downloads, why cant Airtel afford it? ;)

there is a lot of difference between wired n wireless communication.. aint it ? .

there is a lot of difference between wired n wireless communication.. aint it ?

yeh, wireless is cheaper to operate.

Hi all,

Hutch/orange and BPL were initially giving unlimited access for 499- per month only. Now they have started quantity(data download/upload) based charging. Fixed monthly cost 199- and variable charges are 0.50ps/10kb.

So only variable charges go as high as Rs 50- per MB of data transfer. Also Airtel says, its only promotional offer, and they will soon be shifting to quantity based billing.

It means that Reliance is much cheaper. Over and above it gives better connectivity than GPRS-GSM.

Reliance data plans:

Silver-- Rs.500- per month(100MB Free) additional Rs10-/MB

Gold----Rs.1000-per month(250MB Free) additional Rs10-/MB

ca u tell me if i use reliance internet for one hour how much will be the bill towards download in the 500 and 1000 plan? just for bowsing will there be any download counted?

Generally on an average one hour of only surfing (no downloading) amounts to 3-5 MB of data transfer. So that turns out to be 30-50 Rs/hour.

But WW people say, these rconnect data plans are avialable only in Postpaid.

So on FWP that amounts to Rs.28-/hour and in prepaid Rs.60/- per hour

ca u tell me if i use reliance internet for one hour how much will be the bill towards download in the 500 and 1000 plan? just for bowsing will there be any download counted?

For using R-Connect while subscribed to a 500 or 1000 plan, you are not

charged for the time you are connected. But for the data exchanged..

Like in 500 Silver Plan, 100 MB limit and for any extra usage Rs 10/Mb

and in 1000 Silver Plan, 250 MB limit and for any extra usage Rs 10/Mb :clap: