Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jaideepmukherji

Wireless Broadband Point To Point Connectivity

I live in a village and BSNL does not provide cable wired phones. We only have BSNL WLL fixed lines. the internet is very slow.

I also run a school for charity and want to give the village kids experience of the internet from our computer lab. our classroom practical period is limited to just one hour and having slow speed internet will not help.

We live 5 kms away from the BSNL tower and now we want to have broadband connectivity. I wrote to the Ministry of Communications, CMD BSNL, Mrs.Sonia Gandhi, Dr. Manmohan Singh and also Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh about why our village is not covered under broadband and I am still awaiting a reply from them.

In the mean time, I did my own research on Wireless Broadband Point to Point Connectivity which involves 2.4Ghz - 54 MBPS, 26 DBM outdoor unit wireless radio with power over ethernet and 24 dbi semiparabolic antenna along with cabling etc., will come to Rs.34850/-. This amount also includes installation, pipe fixing, cable laying, base station and antenna fixing and congifuration etc., The company from Chennai gave me this quote.

My question is that is there any way that we can reduce the cost by involving some equipment where we can drawn the broadband freqency? Your smart anwers are really appreciated. This will help us reduce the initial cost. Could you please give me the addresses / contacts where I can get in little lower rates?

^^^

My dear friend, instead of spending such a huge amont on the infrastructure you can opt for Wireless EVDO Data Cards from BSNL. The speed of this Data card is just compareable to Broadband. Unlimited surfing on these data cards are really cheap.

Can't say whether it will suit you for the purpose of teaching in the school or not. But it is the cheapest wireless option for data access available with good speeds as of now.

Regards.

^^^

BTS is located 5KM away.

EVDO wont work.

I wrote to the Ministry of Communications, CMD BSNL, Mrs.Sonia Gandhi, Dr. Manmohan Singh and also Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh about why our village is not covered under broadband and I am still awaiting a reply from them.

Do you seriously think that all the people you wrote to give a damn about you or your village? These people are all busy looting India and hence may not be able to help you. Good luck to you because you are going to need it. Sorry if I sound too rude.

Have you looked at the possibility of having a satellite internet connection? Way back in 2004 I saw some schools in remote villages of U.P. using a VSAT internet connection. It was not a broadband connection. It was a 64 kbps only connection.

HCL Comnet is one such provider. Following is their URL:

http://www.hclcomnet.co.in/satcom.asp

You can also contact Bharti Airtel for a quote. I think thet also provide that service.

This is the only solution for remote areas for now and I suspect you will find the cost is too high for your venture.