Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sumatrix

Problem With Nokia 6265

my friend has got a nokia 6265.but from yesterday its malfunctioning.it switches on,the nokia and the reliance logo comes on and then it freezes.he cant perform any operation on it.the screen goes white.that's it..any soln??

@ sumal,

Its the classic "SLIDER STRIP' problem. Due to prolonged usage and sometimes even sparing usage, the slider strip gets torn or damaged. You will have to approach the local service wala (can be done with in about half an hour and pay Rs 500 to 750) or if you prefer go to the Nokia ASC (be ready to leave your handset with them for about 20 to 30 days and still pay a bomb - about 1500 to 2000 bucks)

The choice is yours...

i think ill try the first option..had faced the same prob with my own phone before..but in this case the phone just freezes.so i was in doubt..

well it is not classic strip problem ...it could be a s/w problem also

nokia phones when go bricked also give a white screen ....

if u have strip problem then u should be able to perform operations at least ....

like when u press green call button and few other buttons u should get some response ...

in my case my n95 had strip problem ...the display wudnt turn on ...but when i use to press green call key i was able to call whichever was my last number also when i use to press keys i use to hear keypad tones so it was clear that the strip only had gone bad and the phone was working ..

so in ur case it could be strip problem or u will require to get your phone flashed

Edited by mufaddal_km

^^^

but he says the phones boots [can see nokia and reliance] then it freezes and screen goes white..

may be a theme problem which is not loading.. or some pblm in phone[can be strip too].

@sumal did he check after removing memory card ?

my friend has got a nokia 6265.

but from yesterday its malfunctioning.it switches on,

the nokia and the reliance logo comes on and then it freezes.

he cant perform any operation on it.the screen goes white.

that's it..any soln??

the same problem occurs on my mobile

so please help me out..for this problem

:(

@savramesh

i tried without the memory card too.and i don think there's' a prob wid the theme too,cos i never put one in the first place.

@mufa

nope i don get any response when i press any of the keys.but when i remove the sim and boot it says insert ruim card and when i put on the sim it just doesn work after the nokia and the reliance logo.

mostly booting problem, its not loading... try a diff sim also [this may not work, but a try]

i think the firmware to be reinstalled @ nokia service center.. techies please post ur suggestion..

one suggestion.. remove battery, sim and memory card.. then move the slide up and down 5-10 times, then insert everything and start phone.. also post if u find the display distorted..

or switch off the phone and put it in charge for some time..

all these tricks seems like funny but sometimes it will help..

none of the suggestions worked bro. there's a line on the screen..it might be a distortion.i tried with a different ruim too.it boots up,asks for the pin,then says pin accepted ,the nokia and the reliance logo comes on and then ..it freezes anD the white light comes on.that's it bro.

Edited by sumatrix

^^^

if there is a distortion then it should be strip problem..

Either visit nokia care or any other good local mobile service shop..

Edited by savramesh

^^^

I still say it is the classic slider strip problem...

sure bro..will check out the strip first.if it doesn work then am ready to send the phone to anyone who's ready to help me out..

Edited by sumatrix

i went to the local repairwala and he checked the cell and said that the slider is fine..but the phone needs to be reflashed.so if someone can help me with an address where the phone can be flashed it wud be very helpful.also my fren is ready to send the cell to anyone who's ready to help him with the flash thing..reply soon guys cos the handset is lying dead.

flashing is recommended to do at nokia cares. i am not sure if that can be done outside in local shops..

@sumatrix

so i guess i was rite ....the phone doesnt have slider problem and needs to be reflashed .

flashing can be done outside nokia care also

all u need is a firmware file of nokia 6265

u can use phoenix to flash ur phone ...i have official guide in case u need it

only thing is u will need a firmware file

i will try to get one

just tell me ur RM version

if u dont get firmware file then take ur phone to nokia care

u're always rite bro.pl send the official installation guide to sumatrix69@gmail.com..also how do i check RM version ?wil the handset go dead if i load the wrong firmware file?

the rm version will be printed at back of handset below battery ..

rm version is different for different regions /hardware

just search on google for your firmware file ...

i m attaching phoenix service manual ...in case anyone else needs it

Phoenix_Service_Software_flashing_guide.rar

the rm version will be printed at back of handset below battery ..

rm version is different for different regions /hardware

just search on google for your firmware file ...

i m attaching phoenix service manual ...in case anyone else needs it

@ mufaddal_km - I checked the RM version as suggested and it is rm66 also thanks for the service guide bro ......

@ mufaddal_km - is there any possibility to flash the phone to any of the US networks since the firmware file for these networks are easily available .... :rolleyes:

Edited by sumatrix

u can try ...since cdma radio is same

when i googled for rm 66 firmware file i got lots of links..can i use that firmware file to flash my phone..will there be any problem?OR DO I NEED THE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE FILE??

try if u confident enough

i think ill wait for ur flash file..can u send it soon bhai?