Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
·abhishek·

Which Entry Level Digicam To Go For ?

hi,

am looking at starting with an entry level digicam, basics will do for me...dont wanna spend much - maybe 5-7k at max

am told to go for rechargeable Lithium battery camera but the specs on ebay/rediff don't clarify this most of the times though i do find lot of options within 7k range

so wht do you suggest - which models would be a good bet ?

kodak C610

Kodak C810.

There's not much difference in the price of C610 and C810. :)

Sony Sony Sony

First choice olympus, nixon or canon. Second sony, third kodak

how about Sony Cyber-shot digital camera DSC-S950 10.1 megapixels

rs Rs. 7,800.00 on ebay

clearly mentions has Battery Charger,Rechargable Battery Pack

but says Battery Type: Li-ion

couple of good models but most of them have alkaline battery

found another one on ebay - SHARP M-1033 10 MP rs 5999

mentions package contains charger and Rechargeable battery though not sure if its referring to alkaline or lithium

Panasonic Lumix?

i am using vivitar vivicam for the last 1 year, its rocking, have taken more than 4000 snaps so far.. [but flash light is not powerful :( ]

Edited by savramesh

If u want to take print outs, then go for canon or nikon ...coz they gives better prints

Sony takes good snaps in poor light conditions ,...but prints are again poor

worst ever i had seen is fuji film ... simply crap

olympus is also good deal

If u want to take print outs, then go for canon or nikon ...coz they gives better prints

Sony takes good snaps in poor light conditions ,...but prints are again poor

worst ever i had seen is fuji film ... simply crap

olympus is also good deal

well canon has A840 within my budget but then it again has alkaline AA batteries.....am looking for chargeable lithium batteries

sony cybershot S950/930/980 models are all within budget and have lithium batteries !

am not able to find a real alternative yet, searching !

Panasonic Lumix LZ8 is one great camera. My friend bought one from ebay with warranty of 3 years for 5200rs only, and it looks complete VFM.

I personally don't like sony because of their proprietary stuff. You can't use SD/MMC cards, you can't even use one Sony camera's cable to hook up other sony camera, you have to carry that cable everywhere.

In case of Panasonic or Canon, you need a simple USB cable available anywhere. Also, read the following as well as many other reviews on net:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408budgetgroup/page8.asp

LZ8 is given best weightage. Therefore, my vote goes to LZ8.

So in 5200rs for camera + 250rs for 2GB SD card + 500 for rechargable AA cells and charger, in around 6000rs your camera set is complete!

Go for Cannon 1st choice, then sony never go 4 kodak its the worst digi cam.... u can have sony dsc s 930 in 7000/ with 10 mega pixels and u can also go in the same range with cannon powershot A470

Panasonic Lumix LZ8 is one great camera. My friend bought one from ebay with warranty of 3 years for 5200rs only, and it looks complete VFM.

I personally don't like sony because of their proprietary stuff. You can't use SD/MMC cards, you can't even use one Sony camera's cable to hook up other sony camera, you have to carry that cable everywhere.

In case of Panasonic or Canon, you need a simple USB cable available anywhere. Also, read the following as well as many other reviews on net:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408budgetgroup/page8.asp

LZ8 is given best weightage. Therefore, my vote goes to LZ8.

So in 5200rs for camera + 250rs for 2GB SD card + 500 for rechargable AA cells and charger, in around 6000rs your camera set is complete!

only prob is the alkaline batteries

500 for rechargable AA cells and charger - i have got very bad reviews - unless u buy rs 1500 original battery it just doesnt last long and is very irritating stuff

Even I have got to get one..

But I am not interested in Panasonic and wanna get a Sony cam as its too handy..

Budget max 7-8K

Requirments: 7-8MP, at least 3x optical zoom, li-ion batteries..

Any suggestions?

500 for rechargable AA cells and charger - i have got very bad reviews - unless u buy rs 1500 original battery it just doesnt last long and is very irritating stuff

Uniross original charges costs some 370rs with 4 800mAh batteries, and 4 2700mAh Uniross batteries cost some 500-600 rs. SO max investment of 1000rs more.

My old cam was having Lithium Ion rechargable battery, which was great, till a day when I went to a trek and the battery finished! There was no way to charge the battery in a Jungle.

Now with AA cells, I can always carry around spares, or buy 20 bucks new ones for emergency.

u can go for quick charger which charges 4 AA or 4 AAA batteries at a tim in 30 mints it comes in 1200rs, and once 4 batteries charges u can easily have 500-600 snaps. spend money once and b tensn free. even can go for rechargable cell of sony or duracell they are having very good back ups

i recently bought camelion charger and batteries, i am happy with their performance..

Camelion 1500 mAh Ni-MH AA - Rs.200 [2 batteries]

Camelion Fast Charger BC1002B - Rs.580 [charges 2 or 4 AA or AAA Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries]

visit camelion website for more products

u can go for quick charger which charges 4 AA or 4 AAA batteries at a tim in 30 mints it comes in 1200rs

i was advised by a professional photographer that for personal uses dont go for very fast charges as they dont have long life.. its used only by professional photographers for continous coverages.. medium fast or normal chargers is the best option for our normal uses. the charging time for my medium fast charger is

Ni-MH AA - 2500 mAh - 9.2 hrs

Ni-MH AA - 2000 mAh - 8.0 hrs

Ni-MH AA - 1500 mAh - 6.0 hrs

Ni-MH AAA - 600 mAh - 4.8 hrs

Ni-Cd AA - 1000 mAh - 4.0 hrs

Ni-Cd AA - 850 mAh - 3.4 hrs

Ni-Cd AAA - 300 mAh - 2.4 hrs

Note: while charging batteries in fast chargers, the batteries will get heated..

Edited by savramesh

hey i went to tata chroma, settled for a samung e55

8k and has all basic features with lithium batteries...am happy with it picture quality is sharp and serves purpose of entry level user

Go for Panasonic Lumix LZ 8, rated best by dpreview last year check test report at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408budgetgroup/ for comparison.

Got some manual features also. Image quality is average and available around Rs. 6000 in Mumbai.