Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

The All New Rimweb!

:previous:

If the internal links also made open in new window then all links in the forum will start opening in new window.. for example, if you click next page in a topic then it will also open in new window..

Also i am not sure if links in signature alone [internal/external] can be made open in new window..

No Savramesh... It was opening in the older IPB board and also causing no problems while navigating to next page etc., as you have mentioned... i.e. Links in my signature were opening as new tabs earlier in the older IPB board...

:previous: Yes, external links in posts and signatures have been configured to open in a new window. Let internal links in posts and signatures open in existing window as it cannot be configured for signatures alone, maybe I will submit a feature request for that.

although the look has improved the ease of use and functionality are missing as i am unable to post using opera mini now,which has been the fastest way of doing so.

:previous: Are you using Lo-Fi skin on Opera Mini?

although the look has improved the ease of use and functionality are missing as i am unable to post using opera mini now,which has been the fastest way of doing so.

I am replying this post through Opera Mini on Nokia N82.

Edited by Arun
Checking edit on Opera Mini

Arun is it possible to run both the versions of IBP on different URL and sync database real time for both forums??

If yes.. Please think on doing that... Its very un-user friendly as told by some noobs...

:previous: No, not possible at all. Since it is new it will feel different and so it will take time to get adjusted to the new feel. However a skin which is more similar to the old version will be available soon so that you can have the old feel.

perhaps,but I am not sure.now I am posting using ucweb browser.shall report after checking opera mini.

perhaps,but I am not sure.now I am posting using ucweb browser.shall report after checking opera mini.

You can change the skin from the bottom of any page by selecting IP.Board Lo-Fi from the drop down selector. I'm posting this reply through Opera Mini.

Where is the "Get active topics for : " ?

Which was available with options - Today, This Week, Past 2 Weeks, This month, Past 3 Months, This year

The developers had informed me few days ago that they will add back that feature in a future release.

Yup, you got my point now... Thanks... But I think it will be even better if, even the internal links (like the ones in my signature) open in new tabs...

I have done a workaround for this and those links should open in a new tab/window now. Please make sure to press Ctrl-F5 on your keyboard to clear Javascript cache in your browser and then see if it opens in a new tab/window.

I happened to click one RIMweb link from Google (knowingly) and then was surprised to find this look .... had to double check if it was really RIMweb ... sober work this !

Arun, Another bug perhaps, when I tried to inser link selecting text and insert link button, link disappears when posted.

This is a test.

It doesn't seem to disappear when I tried. Which browser and version are you using?

post-1-12486748079_thumb.gif

Firefox 3.5.1

Testing

Link appeared. New version seems to have problem with me only. :signthankspin:;)

Edited by kshah

Firefox 3.5.1

Testing

Link appeared. New version seems to have problem with me only. :signthankspin:;)

Do you mean it is still having problem?

Now its working. Thanks

@arun,

In the older version, just before the topic title, you had a orange coloured box which used to take us to the last unread post. This is missing in the new version. Though clicking on the topic title takes us to the last unread post, sometimes it does not work properly. I browse RW from many computers and also from my mobiles. Is this multi-browsing from different computers causing this problem?

I see the orange coloured arrow in Sadikk's world's topics today but not in the new topics under View New contents and hence I asked this.

Edited by KumaarShah

In the View New Content page, the orange arrow won't appear and you just need to click on the topic title to go to the first unread post. When browsing the forums directly, you will see the orange arrow icon next to the topic title. The last unread post is saved in the account's session at the server side and not in cookies, so when you check it during a session in one computer then it will get updated when that session is expired (1 hour) and when you check it from another PC the new session will show the updated last unread post.

Thanks, arun. I too thought so.

@arun

I was trying to search for a topic that was active 3-4 days back. I first selected Today's Active Content. Then I clicked on the tab - Active in the last and selected week. Now in this mode when I try scrolling down to the next few pages, I am unable to do so, and it returns me to the posts that were there in Todays Active Content. Please see to this issue and fix....

"Active content in the last week, 2 weeks, month", etc. feature will be available in v 3.0.3 only. You will see the option now (v 3.0.2) but it is not fully implemented yet. That is why I haven't announced in this topic yet that the "Active Content for 1 week, 2 weeks, month" etc. feature has been added back as it was a requested feature. I do not know when v 3.0.3 will be available but it is expected to be released after a couple of weeks.

I could not find this topic earlier and hence I could not post....There seems to be some problem somewhere in 'View New Content' and alsoToday's Active Content' Then I went to my profile settings and changedthe settings there, but once again today, the 'View New Content' showsme only 7 entries whereas the 'Today's Active Contents' showed me 20entries. There is some flaw in the logic....

The "Today's Active Content" option shows the list of topics that had activity (e.g. a reply) within the past 24 hours.

The "View New Content" shows posts since your last visit (timeout is 30 minutes). At what time did you visit the forum last yesterday (including login from mobile devices, etc.)?

:previous:,

Sometime around 9.30AM yesterday from my computer and after that I did not log-in from any other device.

Yesterday when I changed the settings in my profile, immediately I got around 4 pages of 'View New Content', after that I went through some posts/topics and then I marked as 'read all items'. After about half an hour, the results were 7 entries in 'View New Content' (VNC)which was correct.

But today morning, the results are as in post# 147.

Right now, the results are as follows: -

In 'VNC' there are 4 new entries.

In 'TAC' there are 21 new entries.

I have not marked as 'read all items' today. In 'TAC' we cannot mark as 'read all items'

Anyway lets wait for 3.0.3, which will hopefully provide better results and features.

:signthankspin:

There isn't any reported issue in 3.0.2 for "View New Content" or "Today's Active Content" feature to be fixed in 3.0.3

You cannot mark all items as read for "Today's Active Content" since it will list all active topics within the past 24 hours. For example, if you open the "Today's Active Content" link at 3 PM, it will list all active topics (any new topic or a topic that had a reply) within 3 PM yesterday to 3 PM today.

The "View New Content" entries will depend on the last visit time. If you had visited 6 hours ago then it will list all topics that had an update (e.g. a reply) within those 6 hours. The last visited time would be shown at the bottom of the forum pages.