Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cumohit

Lg 5130 Query

Hi Everybody,

I am facinga proble of heat dissipation from my LG 5130 handset. Whenever i charged it gets so heated that one can smell the heat coming from the handset.

If i use R world for long then also set becomes very hot.

I donot know whether this problem is faced by me only or by other also. Please let me know if anyone is also facing the same problem.

I have gone thru the manuals and it says that handset may become hot after a long usage. Please do suggest your views.

Thanx.

Many people have faced this problem even with LG RD2030 handsets ...at least the initial lot. Fortunately, mine (11 months old now) gets slightly warm on extended usage ...and not even that on charging. But its the 1st time Iv heard that it gets so hot that it smells! If I were you I'd certainly take it to the LG service station and make a fuss...

Edited by raccoon

I have seen that 5130 is one of the "coolest" LG color handset from reliance. So heating to such an extent that it smells is definitely abnormal.

Have you got your h/s laminated ??

If not then may be some prob with your battery - partially short internally etc. How is your battery life??

I think U need to contact a LG service center.

Please don't take this matter seriously. TAKE IT AS AN EMERGENCY!!! Haven't you heard of handsets that blew off along with the face of the user? Please rush to the WebWorld or LG Service Center asap.

and what happened ?????

If the signal strengh is too weak 5130 will become very hot withina minute since it has to output at higher power.

This is normal as given in the manual. I experienced this a lot.

Hi Everybody,

I am facinga proble of heat dissipation from my LG 5130 handset. Whenever i charged it gets so heated that one can smell the heat coming from the handset.

If i use R world for long then also set becomes very hot.

I donot know whether this problem is faced by me only or by other also. Please let me know if anyone is also facing the same problem.

I have gone thru the manuals and it says that handset may become hot after a long usage. Please do suggest your views.

Thanx.

15491[/snapback]

Hey Cumohit,

Even i hav an LG 5130. It sure does get heated when i keep it for charging.. but the smelling thing used to happen when i had just bought the handset. nowadays I dont hav that prob. But still, you'd better ask the ww guys if your prob persists

Try n keep RIM handsets open in atmospheric air. Lamination is the last thing u shud use for the handset.