Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dr.Gagan

Airtel Bb Personal Mail Prepaid On Bb 8830

Hello friends !

is anyone using 299 BB personal email on airtel prepaid on BB 8830 . I tried activating it on my airtel prepaid i am getting message sorry this service is available on blackberry compatible handset only . if your blackberry is new try again after 24 hours.

any solution for getting it activated.

Soham

which handset you are using? You. Needs blackberry client installed on handest.

which handset you are using? You. Needs blackberry client installed on handest.handest.handest.

^^^

he has a bb8830

did u call airtel CC

also is 299 BIS working with prepaid on airtel ??

is it conformed ??

^^^

he has a bb8830

did u call airtel CC

also is 299 BIS working with prepaid on airtel ??

is it conformed ??

call not going through CC number 121,

The prepaid info is from website which even sadikk had quoted few days back.

i am planning to call CC and also plan to try activating it on a Blackberry sold through official channel india

will keep forum members updated

Dr Mufaddal i will communicate with you through gtalk for GPS some time later today or tomorrow if its OK with you.

^^^

but sadik hasnt confirmed yet , whether his frend got bis successfully actiavted on airtel prepaid

hope for the best

for gps read this post of mine

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=19566&st=30

Update

Step 1. insert you airtel SIM new or old in blackberry and let it be in the handset .

2.Try sending airtelbb or AIRTELBB to 121 ( not case senstive ) initially you will get error message

3.after about 36 hours on sending the above sms i got reply please SMS BB1 OR BB2 to 121 ( bb1 299 bb2 899 plan )

4.after that i smsed BB299 to 121 and got details of plan with instruction to send PMP299 for activation

5.after sending PMP299 to 121 i got the message your request for PMP299 has been registered with us. Thank you.

6.after this 299 rs got deducted from my balance.

7.Dont know about next step am waiting for some kind of sms confirmation

go to advance option and see ur service book status , if it shows anything

also see ur service status

as airtel BB dept was saying that the BB PIN is not free sent a mail to sprint and got the following reply.

"Dear Gagan Dudeja,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the status of the handset.

I checked the status of the blackberry handset with the PIN provided by

you and it reflects that this handset is not active on Sprint account

and is in released status.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please reply to us.

Thank you for emailing us.

Sincerely,

Macarthur R.

Sprint

It will activate in 72 hours.. my firend using it on prepaid alredy.. But it takes painfully long to get activated.. it took 5 days for him to activate this...

:previous: Great New Sadikk :Sorprendido: my services are activated only problem is i cant configure my handset HRT request is not working ..if you can guide me regarding that my services will be activated...........waiting for some action.........

:sos::sos: need help of any rimwebian in bangalore who is using GSM blackberry services need to borrow your sim card for 5 min to test on my blackberry handset ...... if anyone is willing PM me I will visit you in place and hour of your choice......thanks

Hello friends I am getting this strange problem with my BB 8830 i.e It cant latch onto network after restart.In network settings the radio is turned off and does not turn on until 5 -6 automatic restarts any solution...............I have attached sequential screen shots any help.............?post-5464-125083137159_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083137159_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083138497_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083139824_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083140689_thumb.png this is after restarting the handheld ( battery also was removed and reinserted ) post-5464-125083141674_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083142519_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083143153_thumb.pngpost-5464-125083143978_thumb.png

New Twist in the tale got airtel prepaid people visiting they are confident that post paid will work ..........filled up papers for new post paid connection......As per the sales person there is a problem with 64k airtel sim (my prepaid sim is 64 k and post paid is 32 k ) can that be a reason for not being able to activate prepaid blackberry services.....sadikk is your friend having a 64 K sim or 32K sim ???????????/

^^^

keep us posted

Dont take Post paid.. first please check with some other service provider if its working..

as i know this handsets supports particular kinda sim card being a WE phone..

but it doesnt make sense to me.. 32k 64k.. whats the difference.. they just pushing u one postpaid number i think..

i am unable to contact my friend as of yet.. he is busy guy working for Big builder here always on the go.... will surely get u info though..

• Like 2

Hi Sadikk ! thanks for caution ....... i also sense that they want to push a post paid ..........but i went for it as it is our hospital corporate cug group connection.....and i want to activate bb services ASAP.....i can discontinue postpaid the day my prepaid BB services are up and running..........if it doesn't work on postpaid then i give up .I am thinking of sending the handset and the prepaid sim to you to have a look at it.............( i hope that you wont mind that !!!!)

Reply BB services not activated on prepaid till date. therfore i went ahead with a postpaid connection ( got a good number 9xxxx80000) and have escalated the complaint regarding prepaid to nodal officer. Does anyone here is aware of airtel's policy on conversion from post to pre paid at a later date

:previous:,

Yes you are right. It is free across all operators from post to pre and also vice versa.

@Dr.Gagan,

If they have not been able to activate BIS on prepaid, how will you be able to do it once again when you migrate to pre? Or is it that since you have already activated BIS on post, they will have to do it for pre also?

no i am still waiting for confirmation from sadikk and reply to my mail from airtel............. once i get a positive reply somewhere will think of switching over. till then i will use post paid i dont mind that coz its a corporate CUG ....

My friend using BIS on airtel prepaid... he is using sprint 4.5.. had some issue of network going global.. he switched back to beta 4.5.. and is happy..

Got BB services activated and configured on prepaid . While on prepaid the handset was not getting registered with network even on going through HRT and sending request. I got the handset registered and configured on postpaid 10 days back. Today i deactivated BB services on postpaid and popped in prepaid sim voila the handset got registered and i configured the email accounts. Cant explain the reason for it though........

Cant explain the reason for it though........

i can explain it :)

see when u take ur bb to a different carrier for BIS they have to accept its pin number

now in ur case u wanted BIS on airtel but they were not accepting ur PIN

but when u went postapid they accepted ur PIN and hence BIS got actiavted on ur 8830

now even if u go prepaid still BIS will work coz the PIN of ur 8830 is already in airtel databse

in short now ur PIN is registered with airtel so if u postapid or prepaid it wont matter

:previous: hi thanks for the explanation GURU even i suspected something similar. I can sum it up saying for BB Services airtel is partial towards Post Paid users..... with a caveat that maybe their systems are not in place for newly launched pre paid BB Services

^

but some people have been able to use it directly on prepaid also... some system glitch and varies from circle to circle... some one told me that they were able to use seamlessly in delhi on prepaid also...