Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chirag

RIM Directory - How does it work?

I got this in my email from one of our members here...

chirag,

RAJIN has sent you this email from http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php.

HELLO ,

I AM RAJ FROM MUMBAI. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SEARCH PROFILE OF ANY RIM HOLDER THROUGH " R " WORLD.IS IT POSSIBLE OR NOT TO SEARCH THIS QUERY.

Well Raj,

Its definitely possible to know another RIM user's no. or the address from a RIM No.

I dont know which handset u use... But i'll tell u abt how it happens in my handset LG 2030...

The way to go abt wid this is...

1. Go to R-World on ur handset.

2. Select "R- Guide" or "Guides" (this happens to be option 10 for me)

3. Select "RIM Dir" (Option 3)

Case 1. Incase u know the RIM no. of a person and need to find the address from the no.

4. Select "Name-Address"

5. Type the RIM No. for whose address u r searching for, SAVE

6. Select SEARCH

If the RIM no. is listed, it will pop up there...

Case 2. Incase u want to know the RIM no. of a person staying in ur vicinity:

4. Select "Local Number"

5. Type the "Surname" or "First Name" or "Location" of the person

6. Select SEARCH

Try and be very specific in typing the Surname or First Name. While typing Location, be specific and longer too such that u find a No.

Case 3. Incase u want to know the RIM no. of a person staying outside ur City:

4. select the apt "State"

5. Enter the City name

6. Select the correct City Name

7. and then follow steps 4-6 of Case 2.

I have a question now... If i enter the any name say CHIRAG in the search, i always tend to end up with "Found too many entries". Now can someone tell me, how can i be more specific in givin the first name or last name other than the one which it is....!!???

I have a question now... If i enter the any name say CHIRAG in the search, i always tend to end up with "Found too many entries". Now can someone tell me, how can i be more specific in givin the first name or last name other than the one which it is....!!???

Any suggestions for this last question??

QUOTE (chirag @ Feb 16 2004, 06:54 PM)

Any suggestions for this last question??

well i tried, and got the same answer, but when u try his full name it works, but the prob is it is someone elses name, coz chirag has taken his no with his fathers co name or something. so i dont think it is possible to get his phone no using the search option.

but i got only one answer when i searched for chirag dedhia.

but when i tried his no and searched i got the address

im not giving out the details due to privacy reasons.

so if u get too many answers when u try 1st name try using sur name. if that too gives too many results try giving the place, i mean the specific location of the person, not mumbai, but something like "vikroli"

yeps, its like, u have to get really specific to search for someone's no. with this option.. I mean, whts the point doin tht... if i only knew all of tht, then it would be no point looking out for one !! :rolleyes:

They could have kept the option open for pagewise reading of all those crores of names yaar...

Anyways, i think the reason this thing doesn't function tht easily is to discourage unnecesary easy navigation to any and everybody's no.... !! hhehe...

too many paradoxes! :lol:

or may be...rim directory for r world was made when the customers of reliance were less than a million...now that the customer base has increased to whopping 7 million they do need to upgrade that...

jigar

Also I cannot get my name in "RIM Dir". Does it mean that we prepaids(hey we are the really nice ppl who pay reliance even b4 we use their service :) ) are still not registered as RIM subscribers? Mite this have something to do with our "no voicemail on not available"? I am going to call *369 who in all probability is going to say "forwarding to concerned dept" and the concerned dept is again going to wake me up from my sleep ;)

Edited by chirag

Also I cannot get my name in "RIM Dir". Does it mean that we prepaids(hey we are the really nice ppl who pay reliance even b4 we use their service :) ) are still not registered as RIM subscribers? Mite this have something to do with our "no voicemail on not available"?

Well i dont know abt prepaid..

I am on postpaid.. and my name was not listed in the dir even after 2 weeks of

taking the connection... :)

When i called customer care... i had asked this stuff.. They told me its bcz my

address verification is not yet complete...

Tats jus a excuse.. bcz even after months, even now i dont have my no up in the

RIM dir... ;)

well i had my no listed on dir

but i changed it to unlisted just to see what happens.. now im wondering if i should make it listed again

Heres the new thread to discuss abt this issue... :grin:

well i had my no listed on dir

but i changed it to unlisted just to see what happens.. now im wondering if i should make it listed again

oh, whts that a service like?? how do u do that?

But wheres the damn option to correct the name and billing address... I complained at the webworld for correcting it.... Still haven't been done!! Their customer service s**ks big time yaar!

u cant correct ur address from r-world. you will have to go to their office and sit with them till its corrected.

hahaha.... Look at the funny side of the whole thing now... Once u de-list ur name from RIM dir, u can never enlist it back :D I came to know of it only when i delisted it!! :P

i too found that out the hard way... but i guess i really dont want ppl finding out my address. atleast when i am surfing the net

I had written to their email regarding my details not listen in the RIM dir..

I got the following reply today

Dear Sir,

We regret the delay in response.

With reference to your complaint on details not updated in the R Directory,

we  would  like  to  inform  you  that  the  same will get updated when the

database is updated which is usually once every week.

For   any   other   details,   you  are  requested  to  visit  our  website

www.relianceinfo.com.      You      could      write      to      us     at

customercare@relianceinfo.com  or  fax  us  at  30336565. You can also call

Reliance  Customer  Care at 30333333 or by dialling *333 from your Reliance

IndiaMobile.

Thanking you

Best Regards.

Customer Care

Reliance Infocomm

I've asked CC to relist and they promised but didn't keep (as usual).

I got this in my email from one of our members here...
chirag,

RAJIN has sent you this email from http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php.

HELLO ,

I AM RAJ FROM MUMBAI. I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO SEARCH PROFILE OF ANY RIM HOLDER THROUGH " R " WORLD.IS IT POSSIBLE OR NOT TO SEARCH THIS QUERY.

Well Raj,

Its definitely possible to know another RIM user's no. or the address from a RIM No.

I dont know which handset u use... But i'll tell u abt how it happens in my handset LG 2030...

The way to go abt wid this is...

1. Go to R-World on ur handset.

2. Select "R- Guide" or "Guides" (this happens to be option 10 for me)

3. Select "RIM Dir" (Option 3)

Case 1. Incase u know the RIM no. of a person and need to find the address from the no.

4. Select "Name-Address"

5. Type the RIM No. for whose address u r searching for, SAVE

6. Select SEARCH

If the RIM no. is listed, it will pop up there...

Case 2. Incase u want to know the RIM no. of a person staying in ur vicinity:

4. Select "Local Number"

5. Type the "Surname" or "First Name" or "Location" of the person

6. Select SEARCH

Try and be very specific in typing the Surname or First Name. While typing Location, be specific and longer too such that u find a No.

Case 3. Incase u want to know the RIM no. of a person staying outside ur City:

4. select the apt "State"

5. Enter the City name

6. Select the correct City Name

7. and then follow steps 4-6 of Case 2.

Hi I am trying to search one guy's Name and address but in my mobile I am only able to see Name and City, it is not showing address, is this facility is model or subscription base.

Please reply me.

Regards,

Nil.