Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manishashar

Evdo Possible On Mogul?

I am not sure if this question has comeup earlier.

Is it possible to configure EVDO on Mogul to use high speed internet ?

No Dear

Due to legal issues on offering high speed internet on mobile handsets, currently neither Reliance nor Tata will offer EVDO on Handsets.

Currently EVDO is available on USB Modems and Routers only.

Also EVDO coverage is currently sporadic and not available seamlessly and your modem shall switch to 1X very frequently.

For EVDO on Handsets, wait for another year.

No Dear

Due to legal issues on offering high speed internet on mobile handsets, currently neither Reliance nor Tata will offer EVDO on Handsets.

Currently EVDO is available on USB Modems and Routers only.

Also EVDO coverage is currently sporadic and not available seamlessly and your modem shall switch to 1X very frequently.

For EVDO on Handsets, wait for another year.

You mean the issue of 3G Spectrum allocation is the legal issue that RIM/TATA can not provide EVDO ?

The 2.1 Ghz Spectrum can be used both for voice as well as data services. This spectrum allows use of 5Mhz wideband spread spectrum use in GSM Technology where it is possible to offer broadband mobile services to GSM operators.

But CDMA operators can use existing 800 Mhz band using EVDO Rev.A to offer upto 3.1 mpbs shared access to mobile subscribers.

Since it will offer undue advantage to CDMA operators, the GSM lobby insists that Mobile broadband services should be allowed once 2.1 Ghz is auctioned.

In the meantime the CDMA operators with unified access license which allows them to be an internet service provider also, have started offering EVDO on USB Modem and routers since these are not catagorized as Mobile Handsets but as purely internet access devices.

So dear, the technology is available but due to shortsightedness of our beuraucrats in earlier years, we are facing the consequences.

Nevertheless this issue should get sorted in an years time and the CDMA operators are going to concentrate more on data services in coming future and they will switch voice traffic to GSM which they will be simuataneously operating on, both Reliance as well as tata.

i have been telling this time and again

unless u start getting evdo on handsets by reliance , forget abt evdo on imported handsets

Absolutely Right Doc

It is only when the operators start offering EVDO on their own handsets that one can even think of hacking the imported ones.

Moreover even then making the imported hansets work on EVDO will not be very easy.

Too many adjustments shall be required which only techies will be able to do and not ordinary users.

Anyway that day is at least a year away.

Too many adjustments shall be required which only techies will be able to do and not ordinary users

its easy even for an end user to do it

only thing is that we first need an official evdo offering for handsets from operators

nobody is getting evdo on bb for actual internet or data usage.... it has started in corby for actual internet use only.... work is on... patience will pay... anyways first hoping for nationwide evdo roll out, only then its going to be truly useful...

Even after Techies here are able to configure the handset for EVDO, service need to be activated by Reliance back office. That will only happen if Reliance starts offering EVDO by default to all customers & not based on handsets.

^^^

very correct

I bought ZTE AC2726. Read its E*N & M*N details using CDMA workshop. Copied this to my mogul. Copied the EVDO PRL also. I created a new connection using the rim number as user id & password. When it connects to internet, it gives a error for evdo and asks for checking setting. Then it falls to CDMA1x & works. I though by doing so I will be able to use mogul with EVDO & can use it only for internet and as a wifi router.( as voice & sms is blocked)

any suggestions ?

Edited by Anil_S

I bought ZTE AC2726. Read its E*N & M*N details using CDMA workshop. Copied this to my mogul. Copied the EVDO PRL also. I created a new connection using the rim number as user id & password. When it connects to internet, it gives a error for evdo and asks for checking setting. Then it falls to CDMA1x & works. I though by doing so I will be able to use mogul with EVDO & can use it only for internet and as a wifi router.

any suggestions ?

same problem with samsung corby???

topic-post

U will need to put username n password for EVDO. The authentication is different then CDMA 1X procedure.

IF we can replicate that authentication procedure on MOGUL or for that matter any other handset - EVDO should work.

By the way, i would appreciate if you can attach the EVDO PRL or upload it somewhere n give us the link.

The user ID& password for EVDO is also your number. Same is working when I connect the modem.

reliance EVDO card.rar

Edited by Anil_S

EVDO authentication is different from 1x

u need HDR /AAA parameters as well

besides i highly doubt u can clone a evdo modem on htc mogul , i dont think it will be successful

• Like 1

EVDO authentication is different from 1x

u need HDR /AAA parameters as well

besides i highly doubt u can clone a evdo modem on htc mogul , i dont think it will be successful

:confuse: chapter closed

:'(

btw have u tried putting 1x modem on mogul

has that worked for u

i think he mentioned it worked in 1x.

There has to be a way..

without valid hdr/aaa it wont authenticate

I tried I today by changing E*S & M*N it did not work with 1x prl.

:confuse:

Edited by Anil_S

I went to Reliance WebWorld in delhi few months ago. They said that they do not provide any EVDO services on phones, and they dont see it coming anywhere sooner.

I guess its because of the stupid delay of 3G spectrum auction. The GSM companies making political pressure on TRAI so that to stop Tata Indicom and Reliance to not to give EVDO services to their customers untill they get their share of 3G spectrum.

Dontknow why TRAI is delaying such matter since one year. Last year there were rumors that in 2009 3G spectrum will be auctioned.

But now there are Rumors that 2011 is when they gonna do it.

It's the curroupted corporate and political policies due to which we consumers are suffering.

reliance webworlds and reliance cc are full of idiots , they dont know anything , its better we dont talk about them

firstly reliance gives EVDO services on two handsets

first is samsung corby and second is officia blackberry boughth from them

all official blackberries bought from them are eligible for EVDO services over BIS

now remaining will get evdo only after 3g starts , if at all this yr

u are talking about TRAI and gsm lobbying , but remember this is reliance , they have government under them , lol

just think about this , none of private sector gsm players are yet able to offer 3G on handsets and reliance already got permission to offer EVDO on corby as well as blackberries , using their data channel , which they are using for evdo on data cards

though no permission for voice , its still on 1x

• Like 1

:previous:

u mean BB tour?