Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Recharge For 100 Get 25 Cash Back With Gift Mate

THis offer will end on 31-March-2010. So get max Benefit before it ends.

already ended on 20th march :( :(

Oh no?! Are you sure? I was planning to recharge both my phones today...   :(

This is so frustrating - after using Giftmate for recharging my mobiles, I attempted to recharge my DTH account (Tata Sky) using Giftmate. Giftmate shows the transaction as successful, but the DTH account has not been credited.

Result - no tv for 3 days. Finally, I got fed up of waiting and recharged again using HDFC.

Still waiting for refund from Giftmate. They haven't even replied yet. When I first called, they said refund is likely to be given in 24 hours.

Bad show. mad.gif

:previous:

Out of 12 to 15 transactions I did with GiftMate so far, atleast 5 to 7 have failed and the amount refunded to me after 3 to 5 days. The last transaction I did a couple of days back showed successful in Giftmate but in my Voda number, the balance was not credited. To my surprise, the next day, I got back the credit in my GiftMate account without complaining. Overall I am happy with their services although atleast 40% transactions have indeed failed.

Moral of the story: One should never use GiftMate at the last moment. They are highly prone to failures....

previous.gif Got the refund from them the other day. I tried Giftmate only because other users here said its very reliable.... and of course the previous cash back offer was tempting. I never had a problem with the nearly half dozen or so mobile recharges I made using Giftmate. But now your experience and my own is scaring me. Failed recharges are a big pain. Now maybe I'll stick to HDFC for mobile recharges and the Tata Sky portal for Tata sky. HDFC seems to have become more reliable and also never had issues with the T Sky portal recharges.

Btw, does anybody know if you can recharge special tariff vouchers using Giftmate? For eg. Airtel has a Rs. 8 value voucher which reduces calling rates for a month. Normally shopkeepers are v reluctant to undertake such small recharges. If its possible thru Giftmate, it would be a boon.

previous.gif Does anybody know if you can use Giftmate to recharge Special Tariff Vouchers (STVs) or validity recharges, etc?

Usually shopkeepers are very reluctant to oblige for charging these smaller denominations, so it would be very worthwhile if it is possible to do it online.

i am not sure abt other operators, but Reliance.

I had recharged my RCDMA for 11/- sms pack & it had got recharged successfully.

previous.gif Thanks for the info. Just saw your post.

Giftmate is proving to be a pain. I recharged my Giftmate account to top-up my Idea mobile, but after paying Giftmate, in the last stage, after entering the mobile number, it says "Operator Not Available"!! mad.gif

I wrote to them and they said something like facility to recharge Idea mobiles is currently not available.

It was available in the past, and I had topped up Idea mobiles few times.

Thats the 3rd time money has been blocked and I have to look elsewhere for recharging.

even i've faced this prob many times..

mostly this happens for 'idea' & 'airtel'!!!

the TAT by giftmate / paypal team is also very very poor.

Giftmate has done it again!

First I try to top-up my Giftmate a/c. Money gets deducted from my Bank a/c but does not appear in my Giftmate a/c.

I call them, they say it will be refunded and ask me to carry out the transaction again.

I try again and it is successful.

Now I try to top-up my RGSM, and money gets deducted from my Giftmate a/c, I get transaction successful message from Giftmate, but my RGSM does not get recharged.

I call them again and they take a complaint.

And after the whole fiasco and spending additional money in calling them up, my mobile remains un-recharged. cursing.gif

Thats it. I don't think I'll want to use Giftmate again. Maybe the problem is with the operator's end and the payment geteway and all, but I really don't have time to go thru all this. And one can't wait for 2 - 7 days as they advice. Offers and all will also be gone if the recharges are not done in time.

Edited by raccoon