Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
harismahesh

My Experience With Pre

I got the dream phone PALM PRE before 2 weeks...at the initial looks itself i got fida with the handset..its a blackstone...with a silver embossing of PALM. and I sitched it on....the Loading screen with PALM text displaying like a heartbeat....

The transition effect to main window was so cute and nice..there was no delay or anything..it was that much smooth. The home page is a full screen wallpaper and the bottom is having 5 icons : Call, Calendar, Phonebook, e-mail and Launcher.

The launcher had 2 pages which contains messages and so many softwares.

The gestures as Palm site shown worked very effectively. There is no delay in gestures. And wat i got amased was the multitasking. Its amazing and unbelievable compared to other phones i have ever used. U can open 6 or 7 applications but the phone is stable.we can select in between which one we need and even when the 7 screens are opened, the transitions between the screens are very smooth. This can not be told..But have to be experienced.Seriously..If u use this for 1 day..you will never ever try to change this handset...atleast for an year(Its for me..I change smy phoen once in 6 months).

The phonebook integration with Facebook and Gmail is too good. we can combine the profiles of related persons into one profile. making the search better. They also provide default integration to chatting to Gmail and AIM. Then we cna connect the phone to USB, there will be 3 options - Media sync, data storage and just charge. Media sync will sync to iTunes and data storage will act as a pendrive and charge..it will just charge the phone.

Another feature i liked the ebst is when v get or make a call and put ithe phoen to ear piece..light fades out..and when u removes it comes back automatically..for other HTC phones v have to manually press the power switch..this inturn saves a lot of battery..

I didnt do any hacking or cracking to phone for some days..then I logged to Precentral..which is having a lot of bunch of applications..like on and off of data and lots of patches. Then I came across Palmware an application for PALM through which we will get all the applications all the patches and themes and everything for the webOS update..I added so many patches like i have a Personal avatar for my sms and all..and lots of patches. Even the battery life will be 50% after my frequent calls and sms at night around 9 pm. So I dont battery is an issue compared to my previous phones.

Initially I had so many doubts..so many worries..for taking the PALM PRE..but our Muffy..told me to go ahead...the feel will be amazing...I am totally happy with the new handset..and guys who really plan to buy PRE..one advice from my side..go ahead....Its really stable and will surely a SHOW STOPPER when you are at public. At the applications and patches..dont worry about it..lots and lots are present.....you will surely dont have to be sad for buying the PRE....

You can ask any doubts...i will try to clarify from my experience or our Dr. is here..he will help for sure... :signthankspin:

• Like 1

Hello..

I am also planning to buy a new phone and am very confused between HTC-Diamond or Touch Pro and Palm Pre...

had a talk with muffy..he also suggested going for pre..but said to be ready to accept as its a mind ****ing handset.. vry diff to crack.. As i am a laymen when it comes to mobile programming/hac**ing..So i am confused for which one i should go...

also given the fact that i have heard a l ot of problems with Htc Touch Pro..

I need a stable phone that dont require that much of all those programming stuff everytime...and also i dot wan to fill in the phone wit loads of pragrammes...i ll have limited programme..but i wan my handset to be stable, fast and without much hicupps...

Whats ur opinion...would i be able to crack palm pre..as i have heard thats it has lots of restriction e.g u cant hard reset and all.. I am going to buy from ebay usa..what precaution should i take??

Thanks & Regards ,

Amit..

:previous:

I think..Muffy can better answer this question...YES if you are looking for a stable OS..go for PRE..it never hanged me...even when i used to istall patches or install themes..it never hanged me and its very strong... about hardreset..i also heard,...but didnt face a situation to do that.....

When you buy a PRE..please check if its new one i.e. not activated. So that it can be cracked easily.. or you can search members here itself..Who are selling PRE...which is not activated..they will give you cracked handset....

Am I right Muffy ???

what is the battery life of pre

once in every hour i connect to net to check my gamil and yahoo chat...also i receive around 40 calls and 50 sms a days...and at night 12 the battery will be at 40%....

that means u can go for one and half day like that.....

mogul chargin full bettary in 3hour?

What is the charging period in pre?

And what is the main disadvantage in Pre?

@ankit

as i told u b4 also , cracking palm pre eats ur brains at times , but if u ready to take plunge i will guide u on how to crack it for reliance , u will be 100% successful if u get a brand new non activated handset and if u do what i ask u to do

now i would like to clear one more doubt

it seems a lot of people have got the idea of hard reset going in their heads , especially people who are using windows mobile

once ur palm pre is programmed ur meid is changed , u dont want the original sprint meid to come back on phone

1) palm pre is based on linux kernel and there is nothing u cannot do with it

u wont find the need to hard reset ur phone 90% of times

there is a very useful tool called webos repair utility

it can fix all missing and ****ed up files on ur palm pre

once u run this tool it will get ur files back to default state

2) now suppose if still u need to hard reset ur phone and there is no alternative ( though this is a very very rare situation)

then u can run webos doctor xxrack or qinray rom 1.1 only once , it will format ur phone and ur meid also wont change

so this means that if a need arises u have these 2 ways of fixing ur palm pre

so dont worry about hard reset , beleive me u will never find a need to hard reset

only thing u shud remeber is that never ever do hard reset from phone by ##786#

for people saying that there are limited apps

here are around 1000 homebrew apps and patches

and over 400 official apps in app catalogue

webos is new , it is still developing

• Like 1

1.5 hrs

few cons

1) no video recording

2) limited games and apps ( but that is understood as platform is new and palm recently fixed their agreement with developers)

1.5 hrs

few cons

1) no video recording

2) limited games and apps ( but that is understood as platform is new and palm recently fixed their agreement with developers)

Can we do video recording with the help of some other software??...or is it not possible to have video recording on pre??

And from what u have written does it means in the worst case we can only have one chance to Hard reset the pre..and if atall after that any need arises for a hard reset then can it be done or not??

Dr. can u expalin how can we make sure that the phone has not been activate..i mean what are the steps to find out that..and does starting the phone will have any problem..and do u know any trusted ebay seller..if u can share one wit me..i didnt found abad esn pre for $200...its all above $300..

Regards,

Amit..

And from what u have written does it means in the worst case we can only have one chance to Hard reset the pre..and if atall after that any need arises for a hard reset then can it be done or not??

bro dont misinterprate my post , ur one misinterpretation will sprout different confusions in mind of hundreds of other members

practically u wont need to hard reset the phone if u use webos repair utility

• Like 1

@amit

I'm also planning to get a palm pre. If i find a good, reliable seller, will let u know.

Please contact P.K.Daga for buying new PRE handset..He will also help in cracking the handset..

Edited by harismahesh

Does the phone show SMS delivery reports ?

It doesnt have that sms delivery report feature..thats really gud...but instead a new feature....Once u send ur sms...it wll be in GREY color..and when the other party gets sms then only it will change to black....If not received..it will show error message..

Hey hari i came to know u selling ur Pre.. whats the matter??

it been not even one month dude.. u want to go back to windows?? TP 2 haan??

By the ways.. beauty is something chicks wants.. we want machine The Hardcore Mean Machine.. my Touch pro 2 turns heads like i am gawd of gadgets.. Wooomphhh.....

we want machine The Hardcore Mean Machine.. my Touch pro 2 turns heads like i am gawd of gadgets.. Wooomphhh.....

lol.

my pre does the same and prevents me from going back to windows mobile 6.1/6.5

:GirandoOjos::GirandoOjos:

Heyy Bhai and Muffy..I agree to u both..usually in my office..I am the one who always brings the new gadgets...the new phones...Like - Mogul, PRO, PRE..so they named me as a gadge man..eventhough I am not :winko:

But I wont keep handsets for a long time...I change frequently..So now its time for me to change from PRE to PRO2..but really bith r head turners.. :winko: :winko: :winko:

What attracts me to the PRE is that one hand typing is possible like Treo/BB/etc while in TP/TP2 i think i will need to hold it with both hands to type.

Somehow i can't imagine myself using a handset so much if i have to hold with both hands.

As i have yet to take the plunge and buy either of Pre/TP/TP2 to replace my treo 755 this is just my feeling with the info/pics i've seen - i may be wrong.

What attracts me to the PRE is that one hand typing is possible like Treo/BB/etc while in TP/TP2 i think i will need to hold it with both hands to type.

Somehow i can't imagine myself using a handset so much if i have to hold with both hands.

As i have yet to take the plunge and buy either of Pre/TP/TP2 to replace my treo 755 this is just my feeling with the info/pics i've seen - i may be wrong.

I am interested in getting the Palm Pre. Can someone guide me?

Sadikk bhai - When will you start selling the Pre, I got the Treo from you and am very happy with it, now Pre is causing me sleepless nights.

::previous: Check in his Buy/Sell topic or PM him