Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Fraud Alert: Ba Lucky - 56263042

I received an SMS yesterday with my full name in it informing me that I have won a "Pearl Set Worth M.R.P. Rs.2500/. Absolutely Free." and I have to send "SMS LUCKY" to 56263042. These guys are small time fraudsters compared to their Nigerian cousins who normally claims unbelievable prizes like US$1000 million, etc. Since a gift worth "Rs.2500" is more "believable" some may think it is "genuine". After some Googling I came across "victims" saying that after sending the redemption reply, they asked for Rs.525 as "postal, insurance & handling charges" for sending it via courier. Someone even received the packet after a few days as Cash on Delivery was available and they received a very cheap looking pearl set (which you can get from the roadside seller). Many seems to have got no response at all and lost 3 bucks for sending SMS to the premium number and the fraudsters earned money from that. These fraudsters are probably sending the SMS via internet that the number is untraceable and thus unable to report to TRAI. I received this SMS even though I am subscribed to DND.

• Like 3

lol me got the same sms today.. i knew it was fraud...

:previous: :previous:

:Contento::rofl_200: even i also got the same SMS ...btw thanks Arun for alerting members .....

Thanks arun for alerting us... BTW i never replied for any such SMS ... Coz i love my rs 3 :D

Talking about pearl sets and Reliance, I got a Gitanjali pearl necklace when I made purchases at Reliance Digital ........ that was their Diwali offer. Seems these guys are inspired by that .... Riendo.gif

received same kind of sms but price was a gold coin worth 3599/-,

just deleted , no one is giving free stuff for nothing !

:previous:

Nothing comes free in today's world. Members here should beware....

thanks for info - shall be careful

i never pay attention to such kinds of sms or mails

in todays world no one will give u even 100rs gift just like that

+1..

I also got this SMS and ignored. But I can smell something fishy.

My name in this SMS is misspelled and I have that misspelled name in one of my ICICI Bank Credit Card, and same name used in this SMS.