Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Samsung Corby Speed CDMA Launched

^^^

Use WinRAR or 7Zip !

hi all

to all who are unhappy with corby (like me) here goes some good collection from my side. i have surfed a lot found about thousands of java applications and checked them one by one. i have only kept applications that are working on corby.

please post your comment

thanks

http://rapidshare.com/files/371040589/samsung_coby_bjagad.rar.html

Hi

Can you please let me know how to open this. I was able to download the rar file but not able to decompress.

Thanks in advance

dwaip

use the winrar to decompress

Hey; is there anything special in this handset?

I had bought this set one month back and found it very slow and weak in operations.

and sold it.

Samsung handset always lack the features being provided by Nokia and HTC.

I have a couple of questions,

1. Can we install any applications at the menu level, rather than in the games and more folder? I ask because I also have a GSM Corby Pro and sadly enough it does not come with a dictionary, when the cheaper Corby Speed comes with it. So I was wondering if we can install such applications in the Corby so that it displays in the menu rather than the sub folder.

2. How can you re-arrange the icons in the menu so that it can be shifted from one page to another page. In the Corby Pro all you have to do is while editing the menu press and hold the desired icon and shift it to the end of the screen as if dragging it out of the screen and the page changes. Don't see how that is possible in Corby Speed.

General observation on the OS is that it is quite irritating that even though they must be sharing similar hardware and OS, the UX is quite different between the 2 Corbys I have used. And to me it does not make any sense. Why would you allow to add widgets in one of them and not allow in the other. Also there is a good widget in the cheaper Corby Speed not available even for download in the Corby Pro.

Samsung has a lot of opening up to do. And restricting things the Apple way is clearly not the way to go, considering it is not a premium brand.

@ankur

did u got OMH sim from MTS???

nope.. still using it on my old uim.. cant find one yaar... :NOTriste:

2. How can you re-arrange the icons in the menu so that it can be shifted from one page to another page. In the Corby Pro all you have to do is while editing the menu press and hold the desired icon and shift it to the end of the screen as if dragging it out of the screen and the page changes. Don't see how that is possible in Corby Speed.

i've asked this question earlier also. but nobody knew any method to do so. i wanted to move my some more used menu items from second page to first page. but couldn't do so..

is there any solution to my problem :

in music player if i want to listen a song who's title start with 'y' or 'z' or suppose i want to listen a song from a album who's title starts with 't' (or any alphabet which comes late when listed alphabetically ), do i have to keep scrolling the list to reach the album (bcoz i have lot of songs and it takes me a long time to reach the end of the list.. ) .. another problem is that the scrolling is very slow (laggy). and i accidently push wrong list item. so is there any way to jump directly to all the songs or albums starting with a particular alphabet ??

I have a couple of questions,

1. Can we install any applications at the menu level, rather than in the games and more folder? I ask because I also have a GSM Corby Pro and sadly enough it does not come with a dictionary, when the cheaper Corby Speed comes with it. So I was wondering if we can install such applications in the Corby so that it displays in the menu rather than the sub folder.

General observation on the OS is that it is quite irritating that even though they must be sharing similar hardware and OS, the UX is quite different between the 2 Corbys I have used. And to me it does not make any sense. Why would you allow to add widgets in one of them and not allow in the other. Also there is a good widget in the cheaper Corby Speed not available even for download in the Corby Pro.

Samsung has a lot of opening up to do. And restricting things the Apple way is clearly not the way to go, considering it is not a premium brand.

I think you may know this. After opening menu in the top right corner of the screen appears an icon. press it and you will be in editing mode you can change the menu name and rearrange the icons within the same menu but can not change the page. was this helpful to you?

:previous:

Correct I knew that part.

But if you have used Corby Pro, then you will understand what I mean. You can actually drag icons from page to page in that. Seems only fair that Corby Speed should have that option.

Small update to my Corby reports and Reliance WW (mis)adventures.

In a consumer-unfriendly nation like ours, forums like this

are our small mercies, to let off our steam...

I am sure there are guys from Reliance watching this forum too,

though they may never state or acknowledge that publicly !!!

The update is ...

All just to get them morons to allocate the 10GB-30days EVDO free quota,

(which is available to any pre-paid Reliance user who upgrades to OMH card.)

This started around 13-Mar-10 when I got the OMH card into the Corby.

(until 13-Mar the war was to get the OMH card - all recorded

elsewhere on this forum).

Persisted patiently but firmly (to put it very mildly)

with Reliance... visits and verbal exchanges

every alternate day without fail to WW...

Careful not to show my fustration with foul language

(yes that was some effort holding back),

but yes telling them that now

it is no longer the value of the free-quota,

but that I am simply a very demanding consumer...

and will not be taken for a ride by all and sundry

nincompoops of Reliance customer interfaces.

Eventually was resolved with the intervention

of the Reliance National Nodal Officer.

Yes, I spend over two hours one day trying

his number, until he answered. (Fortunately

my GSM MotoMing does the redial automatically ;-) )

Yesterday 08-Apr-10, the quota was allocated.

Today the Nodal Officer called to inform me that

it has been done. (Oh I feel so obliged that

this man did what he did... did you see any

traces of sarcasm there... no no I did not mean that).

Eureka !

The corby with OMH with Reliance-pre-paid, with 10GB free quota !

Eureka !

When some day some place, if and when I (or any

kind fellow forum member) has a chance to meet

the man (Ambani), or gain access to his office,

I/we should indeed present him with the ball-by-ball

updates recorded on this forum (thank you rimweb.in),

to help him know first hand how things happen at ground

level... while those in his proximity

Cheers

TechNife

^^^Nice..finally you got it...hats off for your patience...smile.gif

• Like 1

@tech life,

Repeating same story as of mine.

Just instead of nodel officer(national)- In my film hero is SENIOR MAMAGER PREPAID Regional.

any way congrats

"nincompoops of Reliance customer interfaces"

haa haa haa, that was a crack up!

Lol cant stop laughing.

BTW thats how all CC are. whether it be the WW or the nodal office or anything.

Congrats that finally you got it!

Edited by SumitVerma

hi all

to all who are unhappy with corby (like me) here goes some good collection from my side. i have surfed a lot found about thousands of java applications and checked them one by one. i have only kept applications that are working on corby.

please post your comment

thanks

Hi

Can you please let me know how to open this. I was able to download the rar file but not able to decompress.

Thanks in advance

dwaip

I have unzipped the files, but how / where do i copy the games in mobile ? Internal / External memory ? I am totally clueless :(

it is nice to see some good phones coming in CDMA. However, price of 10K is slightly too high. couple of thousand less with wifi could be a nice choice...

Samsung and lg are coming out full qwert keyboard phones, in competions with likes of blackberry. they are expected to be out in next two months. The prices would be quite competetive and would have full feature in them. unlike blackberry which is halfbaked product

hi all

please post your comment

thanks

Hi

Thanks in advance

dwaip

I have unzipped the files, but how / where do i copy the games in mobile ? Internal / External memory ? I am totally clueless :(

you can copy it to any of them with New PC studio. but in mass storage mode can copy only in external memory. better to copy in external as by default it will be installed in phone memory, so better to spare some space in phone memory.

Was finally able to exchange my corby speed (IT was DOA) for a new one, but only after the Area sales manager intervened. The new one is working fine, Battery life is much better than the old one. Also my 15 Gb free plan has been activated.

it is nice to see some good phones coming in CDMA. However, price of 10K is slightly too high. couple of thousand less with wifi could be a nice choice...

Samsung and lg are coming out full qwert keyboard phones, in competions with likes of blackberry. they are expected to be out in next two months. The prices would be quite competetive and would have full feature in them. unlike blackberry which is halfbaked product

I think samsung ang LG mobiles have high degree of halfbaking than blackberry

for example samsung corby (low qwality battery and touch screen)

telecomtalk

Samsung Intros Corby TV and Metro TV, CDMA Mobile Phones With Live TV

In a bid to provide Live TV services on Mobile Phones through CDMA-EVDO network, Samsung Electronics a leading mobile phone provider, today announced the launch two new CDMA Mobile Phones Samsung Corby TV and Metro TV for Indian market at Rs.9699 and Rs.6999.

Samsung India has associated with leading Mobile TV Content & Application provider Apalya Technologies.

Presently the commercial Mobile TV services are available with Tata Indicom (Tata Teleservices) as earlier we shared on TelecomTalk and it will be available soon on Reliance communications (Rcom) CDMA Mobile services.

At present Mobile TV services offers 40 Live channels on CDMA-EVDO services through these new mobiles and 10 channels with content on demand. Earlier the LIVE TV services was available only on MTNL and BSNL 3G GSM Mobile services because only 3G-UMTS and CDMA EVDO services can able to streamed video content so fast on mobile phones.

Samsung Corby TV

The New mobile phone Corby TV is one of upgraded version of Corby Speed and it has a large 2.8″ QVGA vibrant TFT display and a highly optimized content bit rate which enables easy streaming and a seamless TV viewing experience. The intuitive full-touch experience of the Corby provides easy access to channel selection menu through one touch widget on home screen. Corby TV supports Mobile TV streaming service in both CDMA 1X and EVDO 3G mobile networks. The handset is OMH enabled and supports all CDMA network providers who support EVDO service.

The Samsung Corby TV CDMA Mobile Phones provides instant access to various social networking sites and has a mobile broadband (EVDO) capability upto 2.4 Mbps. The handset equipped with 2 MP camera with video recording . Samsung Corby TV also offers 32 one touch widgets, stereo FM radio, 2000 phone book contacts and 1000 SMS storage capability and supports 8GB Micro SD card. For users of Corby Speed, Samsung is also offering free software upgrades to Corby TV. The Corby TV is priced at Rs. 9699.

Samsung Metro TV

Samsung India also launches one more CDMA Mobile phone Metro TV with Live Video streaming capabilities. The Metro TV boasts of mobile broadband capabilities on EVDO Network upto 2.4 Mbps and multimedia downloads direct to the Micro SD card. With a 2″ TFT display, the Metro TV is equipped with 2MP camera with video recording and 8GB Micro SD card support. The phone provides stereo FM radio, dedicated music keys, Indian calendar, mobile prayer and 9 regional language support along with Bluetooth 2.0, English dictionary and an advanced mobile tracker and SOS alert. The Samsung Metro TV CDMA Mobile Phone will comes at Rs.6999.

Free Data Bundled with Handset and Mobile TV Charges-

Tata Indicom Photon Plus Offer: Free Mobile TV Subscription for 3 months from the date of activation plus 15GB data usage free per month, up to 2 months for Postpaid and 10GB data usage free for 2 months on Prepaid.Thus Prepaid consumer can watch approximately 100 hours of TV Free on Tata Photon Plus service for 2 months from the date of activation and Postpaid Subscriber on Tata Photon Plus service can watch approximately 150 hours of TV free per month for 2 months from the date of activation.

Reliance Mobile Offer: Free Mobile TV Subscription for 2 months from the date of activation plus Up to 15GB data usage free per month, up to 2 months for Postpaid and Up to 10GB data usage free for 1 month on Prepaid.Thus Prepaid subscribers can watch up to approximately 100 hours of TV Free on Reliance Mobile service from the date of activation for 1 month and Postpaid Subscriber on Reliance Mobile can watch up to 150 hours of TV free per month for 2 months from the date of activation. Both the offers are valid till June 30, 2010.

Samsung India also plans to tie up with other CDMA service providers Virgin mobile and MTS India soon.

Mr.Ranjit Yadav, Director- Mobile and IT, Samsung India Electronics stated, “Samsung has always taken the lead in introducing innovative technology products for consumers that have set industry benchmarks. Last year, with the Corby Speed, we introduced users to hi-speed internet connectivity in the CDMA space. Now with the launch of Corby TV and Metro TV, we bring to India the first ever handsets with integrated broadband mobile TV.”

Today i have upgraded my old corby speed with new firmware.

Mobile TV icon is coming under it. but when i try to see any chennl it’s gives error “Registration failed” when contacted TATA indicom, they are saying it’s same as PHOTON TV, so currently PHOTON prepaid customer are not allowed to see or subsciber to photonTV, so u can’t used MOBILETV in ur corby speed.

Plz let me know how to activate THIS TV application.

Also let us know model number of METRO TV

Today i have upgraded my old corby speed with new firmware.

Mobile TV icon is coming under it. but when i try to see any chennl it’s gives error “Registration failed” when contacted TATA indicom, they are saying it’s same as PHOTON TV, so currently PHOTON prepaid customer are not allowed to see or subsciber to photonTV, so u can’t used MOBILETV in ur corby speed.

Plz let me know how to activate THIS TV application.

Also let us know model number of METRO TV

@saket can you please tell us how to upgrade the corby speed firmware. in detail please. thanks in advance

^^^

go to samsung service centre and ask them to upgrade

• Like 1

:previous:

correct, but TV is not working with tata, didn't check with reliance