Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

I am also facing same problem for ##diag not work in 2.2 croygen rom .

How to downgrade to stock rom please give step by step guide.

ok so its just not my phone then. i was thinking of resetting it. so i will wait then. do u guys mean even the proxy settings are not working? so u cant access r-world or surf thru it? i know these things happen sometimes in a few months and get sorted out on its own. but not more than or 2. now its the 3rd day.

hi,

I had installed [ROM] CyanogenMod-6 for Hero CDMA - V6.0.0. i did wipe and factory data reset, dalvic cache.

CM 6 stable booted fine after installation, but im not able to add google account to it

(neither by wi-fi or mobile data) otherwise browsing , twitter and other (non-google) application working fine.

I install Gaps immediatly after flashing CM6 rom.. any clue what im have done wrong..

or way to fix/reset MEID

many thanks

PS: searching for solution i found unverified info Google added MEID Checking in 2.2 Rom (at CyanogenMod forum)

can we figure out solution

Nothing you have done wrong. This is a known problem with 2.2 and not restricted to hero only. I know of a solution. Go to Youtube and log in using your gmail id and pass not your youtube id. Go to settings, accounts and sync and sync your google account now if it has not already started syncing. You may not be able to open the market after this. Try it. Does not harm.

i think u had to add ur account immediatly as u saw the 1st prompt. u probably waited? incase u did do a hard reset and then as soon as the 1st prompt comes add ur google account.

data still not working.. not even in gurgaon. a used a friends 6275 and tried his r world and it was working. does this mean they have blocked no proxy use of data? tanveer , tarun? any luck with data on mobile world? with no proxy?

I am using data with my mdn and it works.

I am using data with my mdn and it works.

thru proxy or no proxy? u have L1 right? and u get no other charges except 25 pm? ur usong reliance mobile world? not netconnect?

No proxies. I dont know whether it is netconnect or rworld. I changed the userid and pass in qpst. I dont know whether there is an option of using one of the two

No proxies. I dont know whether it is netconnect or rworld. I changed the userid and pass in qpst. I dont know whether there is an option of using one of the two

why did u chage the user name password? do u use ur phone number as username password or uts@reli... etc? my L1 plan with uts username and 14 etc passwrd isnt working. what plan will u pay for the internet? 25 pm or 60p per minute usage? if there is some new passwrd msg it to me please, thanks

i think u had to add ur account immediatly as u saw the 1st prompt. u probably waited? incase u did do a hard reset and then as soon as the 1st prompt comes add ur google account.

data still not working.. not even in gurgaon. a used a friends 6275 and tried his r world and it was working. does this mean they have blocked no proxy use of data? tanveer , tarun? any luck with data on mobile world? with no proxy?

so ru able to connect to google server on 2.2 (htc hero). i still have no luck in doing so. even by hard reset and logging first time..

so ru able to connect to google server on 2.2 (htc hero). i still have no luck in doing so. even by hard reset and logging first time..

yes i loaded a 2.2 rom and synced it via google server and that too after ignoring it once. but only through wifi. and not thru the mobile data coz it wasnt set up. it was froyo 2.2 blue version 14th sept or something one.

did you try the youtube trick?

yes tanveer i tried it works ( i replied to u earlier also see previous page) but no gtalk and market

well i should probably try Cyanogenmod Nightlies now maybe that works???

thanks for pointing me tanveer

EDIT: tried with nighties didnt work :-)

Edited by underearth

There is a temporary workaround for this, courtesy of gedster314 on XDA, via tigerbalm on the mobile-files.us forum.

This is to put the phone into airplane mode, reboot, stay in airplane mode but turn on wifi (so that the cellular radio doesn't get turned on), and then login to the Market.

i tried this and it worked.

sunnyC

how to use 2 different mobile internet connections in andriod? like it was possible in windows mobile. can it be done thru phone? or every time to do it i have to get to qspt? like if i want t o switch between them or change settings. and add proxy ones..

i too am looking for the same. also sunny are you using 2.2 with proxy? I have not been able to do that.

i too am looking for the same. also sunny are you using 2.2 with proxy? I have not been able to do that.

no i loaded a 2.2 for a friend. i have stock 2.1 with .7 update which seems to have taken care of the lag. havnt tried proxy at all.

hi tanveer,

solution works as you described gtalk and market doesnt work.. :-(

thx

sunny

Found a possible solution. you need to skip the initial setup, go to airplane mode, reboot, switch on wifi and sign in. Worked for me.

Anyone used fire rat mod for hero?

I am like to upgrade my rom via wi-fi,

I am currantly on 1.5 rom how to upgrade via wifi ,

When I am try to upgrade system update I am getting error com.android force to stopped

Please tell how to upgrade rom

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

^ Dear Vijay,

If it is not working over wi-fi, you can download the latest upgrade (2.1) from HTC website here (around 118MB file) and use HTC Sync for upgrading the Rom.

But not sure if ROOT is possible on this latest update (2.31.651.7).

Seniors may please confirm.

Regards

^ Dear Vijay,

If it is not working over wi-fi, you can download the latest upgrade (2.1) from HTC website here (around 118MB file) and use HTC Sync for upgrading the Rom.

Regards

I am not a senior but would like to comment ;-)

I am not very sure if ROOT is possible on this latest update (2.31.651.7)

But upgrade it to 2.31.651.5 http://www.4shared.com/file/2uQunBaV/RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2276515_R_si.html

and then u can root

For more details go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694572

^ Dear Vijay,

Regards

On more searching got this:

Easy Root, works with any Stock ROM (Including 2.31.651.7!)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804296