Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

Nice to know my old beloved has been rooted on official 2.1; enjoy guys... as I said before, dont be afraid to experiment; thats how you learn; go for 2.1; speed issues may be related to people who dont follow rom upload and later on reboot procedures properly; always reboot your hero by removing battery; now as it is, you have nothing to fear as its been rooted...

Now awaiting root on my new love - the Incredible....

Edited by dkaile

Just rooted my phone and de 'Sprinted' my hero hoping to to make it sprint faster :Riendo:

Removed the Tv, navigation nfl nascar etc .

Just follow this link to know what to remove

http://forum.xda-dev...8&postcount=175

I had posted earlier how laggy my phone was but somehow it had settled down on its own without me doing anything obvious.

Like sort of my hardware got adjusted to the new software :P

Oh and people who have not updated yet to 2.1 dont use the RUU from the Sprint or HTC site , its been updated and the root exploit already patched.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=695027

If any one wants the old RUU let me know will upload it.

I did this but I dont feel my Hero getting faster

What about custom rom??

Did u find any best yet now??

^

I say try Alap!

where to get Alap Rom ??

It is not down, working perfectly fine.

Though Here is the link.

^

I have install Sprint Stock 2.27...with RUU and I rooted my Hero

Can I install this rom?? now??

I think you can, but wait for Gurus to comment on this.

Succesfully installed official 2.1 and rooted it. Internet also up. Am loving it.

Thanks to kshah and dkaile. Had a few hiccups but these guys sorted it out.

Thanks a lot.

What is the benifit of Rooting the phone ?

I am on 2.1 Sprint RUU.

By rooting you can access the root folders, uninstall the pre-loaded aplications and best part is, you can load custom roms.

@amitjain / arun / other capable hero testers

I need your GENUINE feedback for the performance of 2.1 official Sprint RUU with regards to speed etc. Kindly also let us know if there is any issues of speed if your contacts are more than 500

I need your GENUINE feedback for the performance of 2.1 official Sprint RUU with regards to speed etc. Kindly also let us know if there is any issues of speed if your contacts are more than 500

My Phone book and Google contact all together is 1134

Its taking time to search people, calling them and disconnecting

Any solution??

Hi...all hero testers..

So I am also concerned about the speed...If the contacts is more than 500 will speed be affected ? also what abt the virtual keypad delay in typing ?

please comment..need all your feedback..

My Phone book and Google contact all together is 1134

Its taking time to search people, calling them and disconnecting

Any solution??

this seems to be problem of Android 2.1. I am not on orricial RUU, I am using Fresh 2.1.2 (Deodexed ROM) but I have tried almost all ROMs, this worked well on my hero without audio problems. However I have seen time lag (more than 5 seconds and upto 10 seconds) in contact search, call log update and phone book related operations.

I have used my Hero on Sprint 2.1 RUU since starting, and I have not found any Lag, Speed Issue, Data Issue till now.

All things are working perfectly fine.

BTW - My Contact are zero 0; reason I am using this phone with a new number which is activated to be used on Data Only, No Calling No SMS, Nothing.

But I am really dis appointed with the battery life, after charging it full, it take hardly 10 hours to completely drain the battery on DATA ON.

BTW - My Contact are zero 0; reason I am using this phone with a new number which is activated to be used on Data Only, No Calling No SMS, Nothing

can you explain??

Edited by kshah

@amit

'

thats plight of all phones except blackberry

with data on ur batery will die in 12hrs

BTW - My Contact are zero 0; reason I am using this phone with a new number which is activated to be used on Data Only, No Calling No SMS, Nothing

can you explain??

Kshah Ji, I Cant use my primary number on this phone reason behind, I dont want to miss a single call, As on Always ON Data, My calls get missed, this is the biggest challange in imported sets.

Hence, I Activated a new number for this phone to use for DATA Purpose only, Only Email, IMs and Browsing.

Second idea was to use Primary Number with Always Data ON on Hero and divert all calls to another Reliance number (R2R Free Scheme in my phone) to get all calls without any issues, but later on found my BlackBerry comfortable to use for Calling SMSing purpose.

@amit

'

BlackBerry with 1x also die in same time, but yes BlackBerry Tour and Flip on EVDO and BB GSM GRPS-EDGE have good backup.

@ Muff - EVDO Consume less battery than 1x ? Is this the reason battery of Tour and Flip is good ?

Edited by @mitJ@in

For all you Hero lovers who are wishing to upgrade to Evo, this one's for you - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=695403

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=695702

Bottom line: Hero is still a kickass phone in a compact form factor that is widely appreciated...

though the long delay in placing calls in the 2.1 Sprint rom seems to be widespread - http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=695522

Here's the 1-click root apk for Evo and Hero - http://www.unrevoked.com/

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Hi I followed following to get my Data on TATA indicom working

I followed following

1. Press green button and get into voice dialing mode

2. Say Open APNS

3. Add APN entry of TATA Indicom. Still no luck. APN I got it from some other site.

4. Dial ##DATA#. Password 000000. Edit Mode. Set PRL entries. I do not know what I did and after what change it started working.

5. Now data is workign in 1X mode. If any one wants help, just let me know. I will paste current PRL entries.

EVDO connection need to be explored.

Some links

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=658755&page=16

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=692126&page=2

can program your apns in by holding down

the green call button and saying "open apns"

also try pushing ##data#

Tanks

I i think Android by default has battery issue and its more prominent in cdma. Blackberry has best battery management. Even blackberry clients installed on wm gives reasonable battery life as compared to edge / gprs. Connection used by other mail clients.

Hero with 2.1 is absolutely fine. I haven't seen any difference in lag (as the small lag is there in 1.5 itself). The only issue I have seen is the SMS delivery report not correct but that is an incompatibility with Reliance network. It certainly is a very good phone to carry around with its small size.

Its absolutely fine for me also; No issues with 2.1 RUU.

@amit

'

BlackBerry with 1x also die in same time, but yes BlackBerry Tour and Flip on EVDO and BB GSM GRPS-EDGE have good backup.

@ Muff - EVDO Consume less battery than 1x ? Is this the reason battery of Tour and Flip is good ?

blackberry connected to BIS on 1x or GPRS , gives fare better battery life

i have used BIS and i have always got around 1.5days of battery on heavy usage , and similar usage on any other phone i get less than 24hrs