Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

Anyone flashed froyo? I am planning to.

Hi,

I just flashed this ROM (v7) this morning. Still testing out. Till now everythings seems fine. Need to install apps though. One more thing, I could not find the settings for international dialing. Can someone help me ?

Friends ! Can anybody tell me from where I can get Teeter game for android. Hero ?

Sivashankkar

It comes by default in Sprint Stock ROM, I have a copy of the same, you can try it, if it works?

Unzip, has both apk & odex files

Regards

teeter.zip

It was there in 1.56 I think and omitted from for 2.1 update.

It was there in 1.56 I think and omitted from for 2.1 update.

Its still there in official 2.1 sprint Rom, I have it and the file posted above is from the same.

Regards

@tanveer

@tarun kabra

Thank you very much for provided teeter game file. Since it was there in Diamond, I have addicted to this game

sivashankkar

SMS Delivery notifications:

How to turn on SMS Delivery notifications on hero, Tata network, ROM: Devalap V6

It comes by default in Sprint Stock ROM, I have a copy of the same, you can try it, if it works?

Unzip, has both apk & odex files

Tried to install many times, but in vain, not getting installed. Getting message that file is not installed. Is there any way to install ?

sivashankkar

^

r u on 2.1, as the poster has mentioned its from official 2.1 rom?

any good custom rom for eris

I need a wired handsfree for hero. Any suggestions please?

Can we get RWorld on Hero?

If yes, then please guide how to do it?

Edited by s207

I need a wired handsfree for hero. Any suggestions please?

@Tanveer

Try using the handsfree that came with Touch pro... I tried it, works fine.

Query regarding battery drain on 1x data.

My Hero lasts for upto 48 hours with some calls when 1x is off. However it lasts only 13 hours 30 minutes with 1x on and NO calls. The difference is huge. So was wondering if there are any apps or hacks which can turn on 1x at a regular interval. For eg. every hour for 3 minutes to update mails etc. & then switch off 1x again for the next hour.

Is it possible at all? If Gurus can help.

Hero battery in particular and android in general is very poor. in Nokia N97 with continuous 3G on, battery last more than 24 hours. Where as in hero, EVDO ON, battery will last less than 16 hours. Thats the difference. Both have 1500 mA battery.

@basu

search for tasker...

I thought the battery on hero was best with Android 1.56 stock rom. Nothing has beaten that in my 3 month experience so far.

@ Dhiraj - The only app called 'Tasker' i could find was a paid version for UK. So haven't been able to try. My hero is on rooted Sprint RUU 2.1 and the battery drain with 1x is quite bad.

I was trying to flash froyo on my hero and was getting this error

run 'wipe dalvik' via adb

What is the solution? None the less, I went ahead and flashed. The rom flashed fine ok.

just use new versions of recovery whihc allow u to do dalvik cache wipe

its needed when u load from one version of rom to another

if u follow it u will never have problems in rom changes

I have a non sense 2.2 rom. I want to change my userid and password but can not go into diagnostic mode using the ## codes. Do I have to flash a sense rom for that?

I have a non sense 2.2 rom. I want to change my userid and password but can not go into diagnostic mode using the ## codes. Do I have to flash a sense rom for that?

i think so i read it somewhere and loaded a 2.2 froyo for a friend .. coudnt go into that mode either. so go back to ur stock rom change the settings and get back to this. i read that the diagnostic settings dont work for non sprint roms or something. thought it does work on the 2.1 official rom. i coudnt understand that part.

btw my mobile internet on no proxy isnt working since yesterday on the hero. L1 plan. anyone from delhi can confirm if its the network down or something else.. it was working fine since the last 6-7 months. is there any way to add 2 connections to this like we did on a WM so we can atleast check if the proxy version is working and switch between them?

can someone suggest me a good battery stable rom with lots of free ram? im on 2.1.1 now and still havnt rooted. i read that most benchmark tests show that most roms work almost equally so is it worth to go to any newer ones?

Edited by sunny1974

You are right, it is no more working. Also I think it is not possible to have 2 connections like we have in winmo

Yes, I am facing the same problem since yesterday. None of the RWorld settings are working, neither UTS nor sam1.

I think, this has nothing to do with plan, be it L1 or L0, there must be some problem at Reliance back end.

Edited by tarun_kabra