Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Lets Discuss Wwan / 3g Networks

:previous:

Good speed, really feel like 3G,

but still low compare to EVDO of tata and relicance, MTS of 3.1mbps

and here's the latest result from Aircel (on Edge not 3G); just for comparative reference, location: Meerut (West UP) -

683418739.png

here is the latest report from MTNL 3G..Just for informative purpose

684285699.png

^

grt info.... mtnl will always be better than bsnl.... partiality to metros... los...

3G results while roaming in Delhi/Faridabad on Dolphin (MTNL) 3G network - its amazing... and no extra charges deducted till now... (kal kar de to pata nahin... lol)-<br>698914984.png<br><br>

Edited by dkaile

3G results while roaming in Delhi/Faridabad on Dolphin (MTNL) 3G network - its amazing... and no extra charges deducted till now... (kal kar de to pata nahin... lol)

^^^

Why will they deduct extra charges from you. Faridabad too is covered by MTNL Delhi. So, I don't think you will be charged extra. :)

^^^

he is saying that because he is on roaming !!

3G results while roaming in Delhi/Faridabad on Dolphin (MTNL) 3G network - its amazing... and no extra charges deducted till now... (kal kar de to pata nahin... lol)-<br>698914984.png<br><br>

In my case 3G access on MTNL no. while roaming in BSNL network was charged much higher than home rates.

^^^

he is saying that because he is on roaming !!

Oh you are right dear Hitesh. I thought he is using MTNL Delhi sim, thats why I wrote that. :)

Interesting thread...

I'm currently suffering BSNL's 256 kbps unlimited connection @ Rs. 750 / month + tax. And currently issues with it like lower speeds, due to bad line conditions (currentlyg getting attenuation of about 48 and SNR of about 10); and really fed up with BSNL and its awesome customer service. mad44.gif

My question is, do I have any alternatives in the wireless segment? Like if I take Aircel's unlimited GPRS/EDGE connection for RS. 98 per month, what kind of speeds can I expect? I know the bandwidth will be less than my current rated wireline BB, but how much could I expect?

I would of course be inclined towards BSNL's 3G, but the tariffs for unlimited connections seem prohibitive.

Also, are EDGE and 3G connections usable for P2P downloads (Torrents, eDonkey, etc)? Upload bandwidth would be v important for these uses. What kind up upload speeds can one expect on these connections?

Also, I would need to buy the heardware for it - either USB modem or EDGE/3G handset. Now, supposing I get a handset, would it be ok keep it connected like 6 - 12 hours at a stretch? Or is it likely to have overheating or other issues? I presume that if its a USB connection, then the handset would remain fully charged, so battery discharging won't be an issue.

Would really appreciate some inputs from people with more experience on this.... esp. those from Poona. unsurehelp.gif

U can do only one thing

To get good speed @wireless internet.

DOCOMO internet is having good speed,

Just check ur usage/month.

Suppose if ur usage is 12GB per month.

Buy 12 docomo simcard with NEW schem of 99/sim card and 1GB/month free for 12month.

So with 12 sim card u can consume 12GB/month.

It's really cost effective, because, U just need to spend RS1200, and saves 830/month*12=RS9930.

But just do trial speed check in ur area with one simcard. offer is ending on 20th MAY

12 SIM cards?!?!! I'll go nuts with the paperwork and all... and then shuffling SIMs and all that. wacko.gif I really don't think its a practical solution.

But my main question is how do these wireless connections (EDGE and 3G) fair for P2P (torrents, etc) usage? And what kinda upload speeds can one expect on them?

Also, though it will vary depending on area, does anybody any ideas about Aircel EDGE speeds in Poona?

Saw this thread on dkaile's signature.

here is my perspective on wwan cards.

I bought dell wirelss 5550 card for my latitude 6520 laptop.

It was available as 125 usd price at time of purchase from dell.

I mobilised this card from czech republic for half the cost.

now its technical stuff.

it supports 21mbps hspa+ and I have tested this card on idea,airtel and bsnl and tata docomo.

all providers in maharashtra circle.

speed is consistent and no issues with drivers and all.

Idea--idea being idea .most pathetic and rude customer care.porting out as soon as validity is over.

speed is capped to 4mbps.

airtel postpaid is quite good with me.

no worries .

speed is same and hits above that in night time.

if we latch on idea network---speed is capped.

if we latch on vodafone--speed is nice.goes around 6-7mbps

tata docomo--- pathetic is one word.

fails to connect to 3G network.

docomo says your 3g is activated.but still does not let me latch on network.

neither on phone nor on wwan card.

so cant say anthing about speed.

bsnl also pathetic.

does not connect.and no luck using it.

after all this testing of wwan and 3G in maharashtra,i recomend airtel 3G.