Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
me_saket

Tata Teleservices Unveiled India’S First 3G Embedded Netbook

Tata Teleservices Limited (TTSL) has announced India’s First 3G Embedded netbook in collaboration with Haier Mobile i.e. Olive telecommunication. The netbook is equipped with high speed internet access for mobile Internet connectivity and broadband. The devices use EV-DO or Evolution-Date optimized technology on Tata Teleservices network which will enable users with broadband connectivity. They said that they will launch a complete range of netbooks enabled with 3G connectivity in the next few months. All of them will be in the range of Rs. 4,999 to Rs. 39,999.

Specifications of X107H

Qualcomm’s QSC6085 chipset

1 GB DDR memory

160 GB 2.5 inch hard drive

1.6 GHz processor

Price of X107H

The netbook X107H including photon plus device is priced at Rs. 23,999.

It will be avaialble at all Tata Indicom Stores and retail outlets.

source

thanks for info

cool...

afaik, dell has already launched such type of netbook 2 months back with 3G embedded by mtnl, delhi....

Rs 23999 is a very high price for these Haier netbooks with Qualcomm chipsets.

In Nehru Place (Delhi) Samsung N128 netbook is selling for Rs 14700 at shop named Cost to Cost. One can buy a Tata Photon plus USB modem for Rs 2499 at Croma and total cost is around Rs 17200 for a netbook with 3G connectivity.

website link

Olive Telecommunications & Tata Teleservices

launch India’s first 3G embedded netbook

NEW DELHI - September 2, 2009 – Olive Telecommunications, the parent company of Haier Mobile and Tata Teleservices Limited (TTSL), the country’s fastest-growing dual-technology telecom service provider, today announced the launch of India’s first netbook embedded with high-speed Internet access for mobile Internet connectivity and broadband access.

The Zipbook X107H, powered by Qualcomm’s QSC6085™ chipset, will leverage the capabilities of EV-DO Rev. A technology on TTSL’s network to enable users with ‘Anywhere, Anytime’ broadband connectivity and help them access advanced data applications and services on the move. The netbook has a 1.6GHz processor, 1Gb DDR memory and 160Gb 2.5” HDD storage. The netbook comes with attractive payment options and will be available at Tata Indicom stores and other retail outlets across the country.

Mr Arun Khanna, Chairman, Olive Telecommunications, said: “I am very grateful for the opportunity to be a first mover in a space that will surely heat up in the near future, and to thank our telecom partner TTSL and technology enabler Qualcomm for all its support. The netbook, bundled with Tata Teleservices’ data packages, will bring to the consumer the convenience of connectivity ‘Anytime, Anywhere’. We look forward to surprising the Indian consumer with data-enabling devices that will make lives easier and empower greater numbers of Indians to connect to the Net conveniently. TTSL has been a partner since our inception in the telecom sector and we are proud to be associated with them in this new initiative too.”

The netbook is being exclusively offered on India’s best wireless broadband service, Photon Plus by Tata Teleservices Limited. “The Olive Netbook powered by Tata Photon Plus heralds a new era in versatile computing access, and is in keeping with TTSL’s endeavor to provide affordable and ubiquitously accessible high-speed Internet access,” Mr Anil Sardana, Managing Director of Tata Teleservices Limited, said. “The unique advantages of our high-speed Internet access service get compounded by the feature-rich and attractively-priced Netbook, which will be on offer with an exclusive range of tariff offerings, designed to bring the best of both worlds to the market,” he added.

“We congratulate Olive Telecommunications and Tata Teleservices for launching India’s first 3G-embedded netbook. Computing and wireless are fast converging to enable a compelling mobile broadband experience for consumers worldwide,” said Ms. Peggy Johnson, Executive Vice-President of the Americas and India for Qualcomm. “We are pleased to work with our partners to bring to the Indian market an innovative solution that offers a world-class computing experience .”

About Olive Telecom

Olive Telecom is a world class designer and supplier of wireless devices; 2G/3G handsets and smartphones, connected mobile computing devices and advanced data modems. Olive invests in pioneering research and human industrial design, with innovation labs in India, China and the USA. With marketing reach in more than 24 countries, Olive Telecom develops customized products for mobile operators worldwide and sells directly to consumers under its own brand in selected geographies.

For more information, please visit www.olive.me

nice... has anyone been using tata photon + here?? can u post some reviews on speed etc...

I read on a website that the price of the Olive x107h zipbook is coming down.It said that the Olive x107h zipbook price is 20,999. The link for that information is http://www.newtechnology.co.in/olive-zipbook-price-netbook/

I called the olive call centre and they said that it will be available for that price at the dealer's end. Hmm a little confusing nevertheless.

The nice part which is different on this netbook is that it is 3g enabled. But then even i would be interested in how good is tata photon's connectivity regarding 3g. The netbook itself seems very nice but then only thing is that if the tata connection is as good. In case the Olive x107h's price is 20k its a decent deal.

nice... has anyone been using tata photon + here?? can u post some reviews on speed etc...

i am using tata photon p;us from last 5month.

speed is excellent,

download speed is also good.

will post result soon.

average spped of surfing is always above 1MBPS. and maximum goes to 2mbps in my home.

tested at few places in city, speed vary, but always above 1mbps.

no connectivity issue, except when n/w is down.

but downtime recovers fast in 3-4hrs.

:previous:

Wow... Saket Ji... Nice to hear this info... How is the speed in GandhiBagh region of Nagpur???

And you are still selling that Photon+ and is it on Prepaid???

:previous:

@deepan

in gandhibagh, i havn't tried, but will post experince soon.

mine is postpaid, decesion of selling is on hold, coz, reviews of corby was disappointing for me.

so now continueing photon only.

will let u know if want to sell

@saket, that was a good small review... I would request you to take a speed test in various areas alongwith the signal bars, and paste it here... this way we can check the network vis-a-vis speed.. :)

@saket, that was a good small review... I would request you to take a speed test in various areas alongwith the signal bars, and paste it here... this way we can check the network vis-a-vis speed.. :)

That's a wonderful idea i think by greatest. Maybe little tedious but i think all of us would really love that effort. :) Anyways just got the technical specifications of the Olive 3g Zipbook. In case anyone is interested, can check it out. Although its pretty genereic for netbooks, the clincher for me is the 3g connectivity. I could really use something like that since i travel a lot. Anyways ...if anyone wants further info..they can checkout the website...

http://www.olive.me/zipbook

Olive-Netbook-X107H.pdf

speedtest result

710581285.png

^^ my city is not there only.. :(