Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arnuld

Low end CDMA handset experiences

Well i would like to add that life of handset depends on how well you treat them. If maintained well, even low end phones will last long.

I am using 3610 since last 2-1/2 years. Great Handset. No prob with battery. Still lasts 2 days.

Using 1 LG 3500 for almost 1 and half years still backup is almost 2 days and lasts 4 continous 4 hrs if talking continously. best phone in 1000 bks.. only problem is its slow charging. still happy

Using 1 LG 3500 for almost 1 and half years still backup is almost 2 days and lasts 4 continous 4 hrs if talking continously. best phone in 1000 bks.. only problem is its slow charging. still happy

Yes. the charging time is the only biggest draw back in these handsets. it takes close to 5 hrs to fully charge the battery. if i am correct, the earlier release 3000/3100 had the regular round pin chargers and used to take approx 3 hrs. is there any rapid chargers available for this.

Yes. the charging time is the only biggest draw back in these handsets. it takes close to 5 hrs to fully charge the battery. if i am correct, the earlier release 3000/3100 had the regular round pin chargers and used to take approx 3 hrs. is there any rapid chargers available for this.

Yes it can be charged in shot time with nokia 850MAH charger with pin converter, i hd tried it it takes arund 2hrs maximum if battery full dried, bt dnt knw will there be any adverse effect in long run

How reliable are Samsung phones below the 5k range????????

I have been using a LG handset since 4 years and a replacement is due anytime. I am willing to experiment with a samsung. any suggestions/warnings?

Edited by vvinayakpai

I found many model of samsung are over performing like mpower and more

Except of this problem this is a fine handset. The only other problem is a single SMS is limited to 160 characters when the standard is 300, hence a normal SMS comes in 2 parts .

Are you sure about the 300 characters thing?

I dont think there is any option to send more than 160 characters in single text as we could do in GSM phones.

Gurus! Clarification needed here!

no gurus are required for this clarification,

sms composition is depended on phone your use, as in LG you can type more than 300 characters,

but sms will go in part (160characters per sms)

you can type LMS but it will go as per SMS..

• Like 1

^ +1

Thanks for the Info!

in cdma u cannot send a sms as single if its hving more thn 160 characters.... for the convinience of user cell companies restrict the characters to 160 so tht u know after this msg ll split...

what i found tht its actually useful bcoz if u send LMS in cdma it ll split n smtimes receiver receives 2nd part before 1st part n it messes everything... more worst thing is tht sms ll split not at exact 160 characters but smwhere else stupidly... so its better if u want to send LMS thn split it by urself....

in android devices in msg option u ll see tht there is option for cdma users to restrict the msg to 160 character.