Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sumitnda

Htc Touch Pro Problem

hi guys

i have a touch pro. because of the place i'm at, the network area keeps changing from one area to another.. and everytime the network changes, the phone gives a very painful and long tone... i tried to disable it in "sounds and notifications", and the only way i cud find was to disable "programs>notifications(alarms,reminders)". wen i uncheck that specific box, the notification sound for area stops, but then even my alarms wont ring... i want to just disable the sound for area notification... i even tried to change the tone for area notification.. but there's no such option that i cud find... plz help... thanks

Edited by sumitnda

Shifting to some custom rom may solve ur issue; which one and how? that you will have to research... search on ppcgeeks...

Start > Settings > Personal > Phone > Services > Alert.

Disable it. Should solve things...

i believe that the thing can be edited in the registry.. i just need someone to enlighten me as to how....

no, not possible under registry... its a radio based issue...

@ shubhanyu

i cheked that up.. its already disabled...

This is very common issue, when a CDMA phone latches to a signal from 2 different area towers, which is equi-distant from your place...

I am also facing the same issue in my HERO.. In HERO or Nokia 6275, the name of the area tower is displayed, thereby switching on the phone screen and ultimately draining the battery life... I had also spoken to Reliance service assurance cell people, they also said there is no resolution to this.... It is just not possible and one has to live with this...

You can also try your luck by sending an email to serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com and also a CC to the Nodal officer of your area....

Kudos...

rightly said by our Greatest ji ...

If i keep my phone on overnight i get around 15-20 area notifications ...

in PPC 6700 hetal had adviced me to install smart dialer and problem was solved ...

but now a days in latest phones i dont see it possible....

I have not had this problem on my diamond ever since I am on OMJs roms. It is all trial and error. Try some roms maybe you would find some rom that will be able to help you.

@ All

I wonder why but I never receieved these alerts in any of my phones with Tata!

Is it so that tata doesnt alert when towers are switched? anyways whatever it is thanks god its not irritating!

@sumit, Is this true?? I mean I guess CDMA technology per se is this 'issue' of knowing area notifications... It is strange about TATA though...

I request TATA cdma users to please post something about their experiences...

Whenever I write here I always swear to speak the truth!

" Mein Geeta Par Haath Rakh Kar Kasam Khaata Hoon, Jo Bhi Kahunga Sach Kahunga "

lol!

Jokes apart! Yes it is true. I have touch, diamond, treo pro, touch pro2, now the Hero and never had this kind of issue!

Tower notifications... are we talking about the little "Kolkata" in quotes that I receive whenever I switch on my phone?

Yes shubhanyu , we are discussing about that notifications.

Alright.. But I have a question. I roam around Kolkata and no beeps. Surely the towers must be changing? Is it a handset specific issue?

It is area / tower specific issue...

Hey! I have found the resolution to this issue as far as my Mind Strikes.

Connect your Phone to your PC in DAIG mode.

Open QPST- look for Brdcst SMS tab and make User-Deactivated and Carrier Disabled.

I hope that should solve the issue

Please Thank If You Like.

Will Help Me Going!

Its possible to remove the sound of notifications

With the small program called Tonality.

Well the message still gets popping up..

Best way is to use a custom rom..

Tonality.CAB