Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Calculation Of Rconnect Internet Cost

I recently got a Reliance FWP (LG LSP 340E). Having read on this forumt he wrong billing of Reliance, I decided to make this small applicaiton to help once calculate the amount (in Rs.) spent surfing the internet. Do contact in case of any problem.

Note - The application requires Flash Player (preferably ver. 7) to be installed.

Edited by alam

hey,

is this swf file useful for calculating r connect tariff of post-paid rims ???

plz reply

jigar

19301[/snapback]

I think it is for FWP with standard plan.

why don't use magitime free software for keeping record and cost calculation of Internet.

Well, this is cost calculation of Reliance Fixed Wireless Phone as of right now, It would be easier to use some proper software maybe, but I didn't find any freeware, so I made this small application. Tell me if its useful.

Well my fellow Reliance users, I would like some feedback on hwo to make the application more useful - send me details of other billing plans which are still in use.

Email me at alamsingh@yahoo.com

Nice little utility, alam. Its plain vanilla calculation for other r-Connect billing plans RIM since its Re.1 per minute flat.

Good effort alam with your Flash Calculator ! though there isn't much math to do after Reliance revised the tariffs.

Good effort alam with your Flash Calculator ! though there isn't much math to do after Reliance revised the tariffs.

21708[/snapback]

Thanks a lot. Though I must say the new RConnect rates ****, coz they've removed Sunday off-peak hours.

u mean sunday has no offpeak hrs or whole day is offpaek.please clarify

21909[/snapback]

I've talked to RCC ppl. They say that no mention of Sundays/Aug 15/Jan 26/Oct 2 is there in the new plans, so this means that Sunday is like any other day.

Overall, the new RConnect rates **** big time. This is why :

1. Now its 15/hr, instead of 13.2/hr of earlier.

2. No more off-peak days.

3. Since RConnect is charged separately, your free calls/month are now free VOICE calls only.

And I thought that with the coming of BSNL's and Airtel's Broadband services, Reliance would lower their rates.

The only good thing is that speed is good, but nowadays sometimes it goes down. I use after 10pm only, but once I tried it in the daytime, and it was pathetic.

Is there anyone who uses the data plans like the old ones silver and gold or now the freedom etc. basically what i want to know is whetehr relaince charges right. i monitor my usage with program names RAs. suppose it shows 400mb usage for download + upload then will relaince bill show same of will it say more then it, if more how much. regarding current plans i taked to cc people and they said 1gb is for upload and download and doesnt include surfing. is it true? pls help me.

regarding current plans i taked to cc people and they said 1gb is for upload and download and doesnt include surfing. is it true? pls help me.

22972[/snapback]

Well I can only say that no one can be more ill-informed then Reliance CC. How can one surf the net without any upload/download. Whenever you visit a site, and its text/graphics etc are transferred on to your computer, which the browser interprets and shows to you in a readable/presentable form, now all this transfer of data will constitute to download. Similarly, any request you send over the net to visit a page though miniscule will amount to upload.

When you mail, or even post on these forums you send the data across that is upload.

I hope that makes things a little clearer for you.

Is there anyone who uses the data plans like the old ones silver and gold or now the freedom etc. basically what i want to know is whetehr relaince charges right. i monitor my usage with program names RAs. suppose it shows 400mb usage for download + upload then will relaince bill show same of will it say more then it, if more how much. regarding current plans i taked to cc people and they said 1gb is for upload and download and doesnt include surfing. is it true? pls help me.

22972[/snapback]

since i have installed ras on my pc it has become slow are u alsoi facing same problem?

Concerning Upload/Download = Surfing or not, I'd like to tell you that I went to AirTel once and asked about GPRS. They said surfing is included in a fixed cost per month, but for downloads extra charges.

I assume certain filetypes like EXE, MP3, etc are screened and considered downloads/uploads.

Also, my conn sometimes becomes as good as dead after around 5-10 minutes. Only re-connection helps, and then same problem. I have disabled the firewall, even then this problem persists. Any solution?