Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puneet

Rim Rings In Ideal Celebration Gift

RIM Rings in Ideal Celebration Gift High-tech Camera Phone @ Just Rs6,999

Sleek, 95 gram handset with powerful flash

Supports Hindi user interface and SMS

DAKC (Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City), Navi Mumbai, November 17, 2004

Making celebrations even more colourful, India's largest mobile services provider Reliance Infocomm has added yet another sleek, high-tech camera phone to its handset basket at an aggressive price of just Rs6,999.

The LG 6130, which barely weighs 95-grams, incorporates a high-resolution VGA Camera and is the first handset from Reliance to offer click-n-send MMS, enabling easy transmission of pictures, sounds and ring tones. It has a speakerphone and supports Hindi user interface and SMS. Its powerful flash can also be used as an emergency torchlight.

"With the increasing popularity of RIM colour camera handsets, the latest LG 6130 is the ideal celebration gift. This competitively priced new mobile handset will no doubt add colour and excitement to the festival season," said Praveen Pasricha, Head - Sales and Marketing, Reliance Infocomm.

"Our affordably priced, feature-rich colour handsets have already created a stir in the market with a large number of subscribers upgrading to camera phones, and the LG 6130 will ensure Reliance Infocomm's deeper penetration in the mid and high end segment," he said.

The LG 6130 comes with 42 unique ring tones, with 16-chord polyphonic sound. Like most RIM phones, this handset is also data enabled and acts as a modem to enable Internet usage when connected to a computer. It is also Java-enabled to support R World features, including video downloads. Its two-MB picture gallery can save up to 25 pictures.

The other key features of the handset include: 300 phonebook entries, 3-Way conferencing, PC sync to transfer phone book and organizer to a computer and Scheduler with 160 schedules. The handset is available across the Reliance WebWorld chain and channels for both post-paid and prepaid customers, with an exchange facility for their black & white sets.

Wow ...finally an exch. scheme ...and for pre paid users too! Do they let you keep your number? Feel soooo tempted to upgrade my staid RD2030 ...but no ways want to live with that 140/160 character SMS limit! Not to mention their exhorbitant SMS tariffs!! :D Might as well shift to a GSM. At this rate SMSers are going to stay away from RIMS ...no matter how many models they release!!!

Edited by raccoon

ya u r right racoon

i also have a rd2030 though i m in DAPO scheme but im a heavy sms user.

To me 20chars less means a great deal

:D

No use having other "high tech" stuff when you don't have the basics right! SMS is basic ...& v popular in India ...& GSM users get upto 1,000 characters. Can't understand why RIM dosen't understand! :D

Edited by raccoon

You are mistaken my friend. Even GSM usrs get charged per 160 characters. anything beyond that is charged as an extra sms. PLease get your facts rights before blurting out anything.

Regards,

mitul

(MTNL Dolphin Rulezs- Now on GPRS and MMS)

well 160 characters depends on handsets format of sending sms, now every nokia phone will be able to send 160 characters and i believe advance handsets can send more thn 480 in single sms, now just wait to reliance launch more of nokia phones.

GSM users can send sms only upto 160 characters, even though nokia and some other manufacturers have handsets that support larger messages, u'll be billed more for longer messages i.e for every 160 characters u are billed for a sms.

You are mistaken my friend. Even GSM usrs get charged per 160 characters. anything beyond that is charged as an extra sms. PLease get your facts rights before blurting out anything.

Regards,

mitul

19340[/snapback]

Please read what Iv written again mate ...before blurting on my alleged blurt outs! Nowhere have I mentioned that you wont get charged for longer SMSes!! I am well aware of that ...but let me also add, since most GSM ops are charging around 25/30 paise per SMS (if you take their SMS package) a much longer SMS will cost same or less than one sent from a RIM.

And Munnamobile, I dont think you need "advanced" or upper end handsets for using longer SMSes on GSM phones. Even the Motorola C200 can send and recieve SMSes several hundred characters long! And C200 is one of the most basic GSM handsets ...and one of the cheapest!

Edited by raccoon

The handset is available across the Reliance WebWorld chain and channels for both post-paid and prepaid customers, with an exchange facility for their black & white sets.

Has anybody knows what is the cost of upgradation of the handset for the prepaid user .

Regards,

mitul

19340[/snapback]

Someones, seeking attention :confuse:

Dear friends,

Yester day I have made an enquiry with reliance cc thro email for upgradation to LG 6130,but they have informed that it is not avilable under upgradation as of now.Only earlier handsets available for upgradation.

Sivashankkar

CC will get aware after few days. it has been launced officially yesterday. so wait for few days.

In continuation of my post above ...just checked out my friend's Motorola C200 (GSM) on Idea - it can handle SMSes of upto 750 characters or so! :confuse: And thats a phone which costs around 2,500 - 3,000 bucks!! So we aren't talking about upper-end phones or Nokias only...

And look what we RIM users get - a measly 140 characters! :help:

Edited by raccoon

Thats a nasty thing introduced by "reliance cdma standards"and mostly all lg low and medium end phones have only 140 char for sms. :confuse:

Thats a nasty thing introduced by "reliance cdma standards"and mostly all lg low and medium end phones have only 140 char for sms. :(

19458[/snapback]

Don't upper end phones have the same problem??? LoL ...in fact the good old RD 2030 at least has 160 char capacity (incoming & outgoing) ...seems no other RIM phone has even that much! They actually seem to be going retro...

Worst thing is that if someone sends you an SMS beyond 140 (or 160, depending on handset model) characters, it simply wont reach you! No truncated SMS or SMS in parts!! This is preposterous!!! :angry:

Edited by raccoon

Don't upper end phones have the same problem??? LoL ...in fact the good old RD 2030 at least has 160 char capacity (incoming & outgoing) ...seems no other RIM phone has even that much! They actually seem to be going retro...

Worst thing is that if someone sends you an SMS beyond 140 characters, it simply wont reach you! No truncated SMS or SMS in parts!! This is preposterous!!!  :(

19477[/snapback]

this is bad.... i would not recieve a lot of msgs than.....

GTRAN too has 160 charater SMS

i checked it out from RIM website LG RD6000 also has 160 chars sms

:clap:

Are you sure its 160 chars for both incoming and outgoing? Anyway, either way its insufficient! :clap:

Edited by raccoon

i only saw it on the "handset expreince" section where it was clearly written 160 chars per msg u sent

ua ur right raccoon 160 is still not enough as compare to gsm but i think we have the rite for 160 not for 140

:grin:

abt LG 6000 as modem or speed nothing is mentioned. can we use rconnect with it?

abt LG 6000 as modem or speed nothing is mentioned. can we use rconnect with it?

19785[/snapback]

arey yaar even 2280 supports 160 ch and can send 10 messages at once. well now reliance introducing 3105 and 2112 i am dead sure these phones will supports 160 characters, lets wait for nokia phones to be launched by reliance and we will get everything wat gsm users gets .

Dear friends,

Yester day I have made an enquiry with reliance cc thro email for upgradation to  LG 6130,but they have informed that it is not avilable under upgradation as of now.Only earlier handsets available for upgradation.

Sivashankkar

19426[/snapback]

Hey,

Me too got the same reply, like the LG 6130 is not there at all for upgradation !!! Anyway there is "NO SURPRISE" in the reply, as we are already used to the wrong information by these CC peoples.

Also went one step ahead and enquired about how mcuh we will get discount for out old handset, if at all there is any upgradation scheme.... The reply was shocking "Rs.750" !!! :'( So, its better don't go for the upgradation, better sell your handset and buy a new one !

;) Cheers,

Silverline !