Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sadikk

Sim Slot For Nokia 6155I

Guys i am getting this Nokia 6155i in very good price... (See pic below... )

but i am little dicey about it as it dont have RUIM slot attached to the board...

attaching here the pics sent by my vendor to know if we can attach sim connector on to it.. to flash it with RUIM firmware...

want to know.. if ill get this sim connector in Mumbai market?... As quantity is huge we can import them too from china (provided we know which connector will sit comfortably on it..)

how much would be the cost and is it worth the headache??

post-271-127229393596_thumb.jpg

post-271-127229400908_thumb.jpg

post-271-127229402491_thumb.jpg

Hitesh, Gaurav, Kshah, HP and others... Please have a look and suggest.. :)

Try the age old RM-17 flash (though am not sure it'll work here ...) SIM slots can be arranged from the local market and it should be reasonable :)

One of my friend got this phone and got the sim tray fixed and flashed it at a local shop.The sim tray was for Rs.30 and alternatively you have to fix an ic which would complete the sim circuit bcoz nokia mostly does not solder it considering the cost saving factor.The IC was for Rs.15.He got the tray and ic from borivli.Flashing, if you do outside they charge you Rs.100 and if you give them bulk flashing then you can bargain it for 75-50.If you have the handsets in bulk you can flash it at your place the investment would be of the box and cable which would be roughly 5k to 7k.Now work out things....... :winko:

Guys i am getting this Nokia 6155i in very good price... (See pic below... )

but i am little dicey about it as it dont have RUIM slot attached to the board...

attaching here the pics sent by my vendor to know if we can attach sim connector on to it.. to flash it with RUIM firmware...

want to know.. if ill get this sim connector in Mumbai market?... As quantity is huge we can import them too from china (provided we know which connector will sit comfortably on it..)

how much would be the cost and is it worth the headache??

i think i am late in reading this post !!!

some software for 6155 HERE

Edited by ::Hitesh::

But for that you require hardware which support flashing of ROM. Remember that once you open handset, most buyer will be suspicious about phone. As prathod mentioned you have to solder chip too. 6155 would be a very basic handset though. And I dont think it can fetch more than 3K if you wanna sell. It also has hinge and flex cable problem so be careful.

Well i might might go for exclusive Tata and MTS selling only..

as sim slot looks complicated and also bad for end user if opened and done jumpers...

so i am sticking to PRL and tata and mts for now..

btw guys i go solution for Serial number for this too :)

always thought Nokia is near to impossible.. but done it.. :)