Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
faizone

Blackberry-Like Device Was Predicted 100 Years Ago

Source

BlackBerry-like Device was Predicted 100 Years Ago

Famous inventor and physicist Nikolas Tesla had, over 100 years ago, predicted that there would be a hand-held device that would be used to communicate and be able to send messages across the world.

Way back in 1909, Tesla predicted that one day, it would be possible to transmit wireless messages all over the world using a hand-held device. The device would be simple to operate as well. He had added that the device would help a businessman in New York to wirelessly communicate with his colleagues in far way London - almost instantaneously.

Tesla had said all this in an interview to The New York Times. It had also appeared in the October 1909 issue of Popular Mechanics. Almost 101 years later, the interview was referenced by the magazine's current technology editor Seth Porges.

Looks like the brilliant scientist had the vision to predict technologies that would make waves - a century later!

Tesla was a great scientist, visionary but his ideas were exotic so majority of them are not realized today like tesla turbine, wireless transmission of electricity etc.

If. We read jule werne stories, they are same.

wireless transmission of electricity

this will come true soon... I dont remember the source , but its possible thru blue tooth, amount of transmitted electricity is very low.

will post the link or article if i get it.

Tesla was a great scientist, visionary but his ideas were exotic so majority of them are not realized today like tesla turbine, wireless transmission of electricity etc.

tesla was a great physicist

problem is that he was a supporter of ethereal physics which was prevalent at that time

later on era change with emergence of quantam physics ( i dont support it , for every question mark they name one new particle )

so lot of his work and ideas were lost by staunch supporters of quantam physicits ....his ideas were not exotic but purely based on ethereal physics which people of today consider as preposterous .....

tesla was a great physicist

problem is that he was a supporter of ethereal physics which was prevalent at that time

later on era change with emergence of quantam physics ( i dont support it , for every question mark they name one new particle )

so lot of his work and ideas were lost by staunch supporters of quantam physicits ....his ideas were not exotic but purely based on ethereal physics which people of today consider as preposterous .....

I DON'T know this part. Wireless transmission is attempted by microwave too but its very unsafe.

yes, I have heard that NOKIA is working on a mobile-phone which uses the surrounding RF waves to charge itself and it is getting positive results till now, though will take many years to reach commercially...