Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amarjot

Updated Palm Pre To 1.4.1.1

^^ official rom installed - device not starting says needs activation......

how to bypass

^^ official rom installed - device not starting says needs activation......

how to bypass

Very Sad, Had you used the Java file or done the OTA update.

I suffered the same thing yesterday night after using 1.4.5 WebOS using Java installer. But then I used the Bypass Rom from links given by Hitesh Bhai to overcome this situation.

I think, It shouldn't have asked for activation if upgraded OTA, that is what I understand from Doc's post

may be try some qinray 1.3.5 or 1.4 rom

create daig mode and create data settings and then

use update app and update to 1.4.5

Edited by tarun_kabra

I used the downloaded file - from sprint - i am going back for bypass, wanted to ask Dr KMM how to install official rom in such case.... i am aware of bypass of quinray 1.03 (courtesy Dr KMM) but having installed this how he goes to official (non Chinese he had mentioned early in todays post.

What I understand is use any bypass Rom 1.3.5/1.4/1.4.1 and do the data settings/palm profile etc and then update to latest WebOS using the update application in Palm Pre, it will update the WebOS OTA to latest 1.4.5 without any needs of activation. I am going to try this tonight at home.

Rest Doc can tell better.

What I understand is use any bypass Rom 1.3.5/1.4/1.4.1 and do the data settings/palm profile etc and then update to latest WebOS using the update application in Palm Pre, it will update the WebOS OTA to latest 1.4.5 without any needs of activation. I am going to try this tonight at home.

Rest Doc can tell better.

Yes, that's 100% correct. You need to use wifi for OTA update though - 1x is too slow and will not even show up the update - ever.

Ok got back on 1.04 my original rom network working - - OTA shows not available

need help in installing apps also - i installed app from quick install - it showed all in device manager but nothing was showing in pre only preware got installed that too was not working

PS Using Wifi

Edited by Genius

@ami, Thanks for confirming.

Did you get rid off this SMS problem.

I don't understand, if this is a Chinese/Treo8 Rom issue, why only a few rimwebians (including me) are facing this issue. This issue should be universal, there will be so many people around the globe using these Roms. But there is no mention of this issue anywhere on web/Google/forums.

Even Doc had confirmed that there is no issue with the Rom. What can be the reason than? crying.gif:confuse::help:

^^ just browsing through net i found out that Chinese Rom's need Chinese character support that is 70 char long since eng sms network has 7bit somethin bla bla .... it can be expanded to 160. total should 140bytes ....... so if we use चींकी वाली ROm this is bound to happen -----

this is my Hypothesis - why don't some one build custom rom some one with idea of Linux ----Ami1 Hetal or Doc

Good finds Vinay bhai,

Before trying any other custom rom, I will first try 1.4.1.1 bypass followed by official 1.4.5 update OTA using wifi. If not working than I will try this find from you.

Regards

I am on Palm PRE Qinray 1.0.4 v3, and continue to face the sms problem.. Talking of characters that get delivered.. there is no consistency that only 70 or 120 characters come?

Some SMSes get truncated with just 25-30 characters too.. and in some I get full 140..

1. I think Genius inference that the chinese character issue could have something to do with this may be correct.

Initially i used to think that these treo8 roms mentioning chinese char support will have the entire UI will be chinese and i'll be stuck with an unusable Pre.

2. Even I get completely random results like Bablus - sometimes just 20 characters received. But all this only happens when its a SMS beyond 130.

3. I will try using meta doctor to edit 1.4.5 sprint rom to have it bypass activation stage. Will update and post IF I AM ABLE TO DO IT.

EDIT: I think i'll try the std edition link provided by Genius first (meta doctoring will take up a few hours as don't use ububtu and will need to install it in vmware/vbox etc since novacom drivers don't work on my distro yet - so will try it tomorrow)

EDIT2: The std edition link is not giving me any download - all 5 download links just open the treo8 home page ! ??

EDIT3: Sorry, got the download after using non translated page. Will update.

Edited by ami1

need help for pixi plus

i got problem, last night when put my phone in charge it might get updated automatically as in morning i seen profile screen and i cant do anything else. as yesterday when i connected my wifi it was asking for update but i decline it. and at nigth wifi was off and data is not working so how it updated automaticlly

i think phone has downloaded update when i connected wifi and when i decline update, notification came that updated will do in next charge but i thought he might needed some input so put it in charge but now what to do??

as i try to install 1.4.5 by pass rom from treo8 but i got error message to contact palm help.

and now my handset is with big triangle with! mark

what to do now.... please help

^^^^

things are sorted out i updated with the same Rom again and i got it right this time

all things are working.

Edited by vll

Is recovery mode not helping to reflash with earlier stable rom?

^^^

On Palm pre / Pixi you can install any rom upgrade and downgrade is easy !

I am working on a stock rom with bypass, and without any customisation, will update ASAP !

I have done a meta-doctor on the Sprint 1.4.5. Pre ROM with the following things enabled in the makefile:

Bypass Activation, Bypass First Use App, Enable Developer Mode, Disable Upload Daemon (daily upload of some logs to palm), Disable Modem Update, Increase Var space.

Am uploading this rom as well as the treo8 std edn (linked by genius - since its download speed from treo8 mirrors was very slow) and will post links shortly once I test that sms is working ok etc.

EDIT:

1. OK, here's the link to the 145 sprint pre ROM modified with Meta Doctor: http://www.multiupload.com/W91U15J1GC

CAUTION: I HAVE NOT YET TESTED THIS AS I AM RUNNING A BACKUP ON PRE WHICH WILL TAKE 1-2 HOURS.

SO DON"T TELL ME IF SOMETHING BREAKS AS THIS IS THE 1st TIME I HAVE DONE THIS.

However, the process was quite simple so i am 99% sure there won't be any problem. Plus in case of any problem just doctor with another rom. Make file is attached in case you want to check something.

I've used the cygwin method on windows 7 (as i don't use ubuntu and didn't want to install in vmware etc.) I'll post the method here, its just 3-4 simple steps.

2. The Treo8 std edition upload has failed so I've put it for upload again. It takes an hour or so and will put link then.

EDIT 2: the Treo8 Standard Edition 1.4.5 Sprint Pre is uploaded here

Makefile.txt

Edited by ami1
  • Like 4

^^ This is Great Rim web will have custom roms soon for all possible sets i m trying it shall give feed back

+1 bro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

awcustom.jpg

Edited by Genius

Quick question.. sorry to post here

I am on Palm PRE Qinray 1.0.4 v3 and after I install apps using WebOSQuickInstall, I dont see it in menu. It appears in Device Management list, but cant see it phone.

Am I missing anything simple?

^^^ Same is the case with me -

^^^ Same is the case with me -

Never happened with me on 1.3.5 or 1.4.1.1 or 1.4.5. I haven't tried 1.04 so can't say.

Installed apps from WOSQI always appear at the bottom of the 1st launcher page on my pre.

I am trying the meta doctored rom now. Will update if it solves sms issue (and doesn't have any new issue now!)

BTW, anyone has any idea if its possible to buy a PRE Digitizer or (touchscreen+digitizer) as mine is dying. It doesn't register taps on left and lower left sides. Plus has ghost taps.

If the part is available somewhere I will be able to install it.

'

The meta doctored ROM is working fine and i am able to send and recieve 160 char sms's. Data and other things are also working fine.

Genius is also trying it so just wait for his response before using this rom.

^^ Mine device is on esn Mode - every thing went on fine in flashing - didnt ask for activation bypass worked - but now the phone radio is not working showing no signal - it in airplane mode all time -- i can use wifi - the first use app is showing error though, let us have the modification if required also link for std rom from treo8

EDIT: tried flashing it again with same rom and resting device

Edited by Genius

^^ Mine device is on esn Mode - every thing went on fine in flashing - didnt ask for activation bypass worked - but now the phone radio is not working showing no signal - it in airplane mode all time -- i can use wifi - the first use app is showing error though, let us have the modification if required also link for std rom from treo8

EDIT: tried flashing it again with same rom and resting device

Genuis, Std rom from treo8 link is uploaded and given above. (edit in orig post) Try that and see.

My radio is working fine so can't say what may be wrong. Maybe muffy or hitesh can tell us.

Ok, I have made a new version of 145 sprint pre ROM - meta doctored with only activation & 1st use app bypass and NOTHING else.

Previous version was giving problems to Genius though it was working on mine.

In previous version I had disabled Radio Flashing so that i don't need to enter any data/voice settings etc again but have not done that in this version since genius's radio remained in airplane mode in previous version.

In case someone wants to try meta doctoring, it is quite simple and i have written the steps here

LINK: http://www.multiupload.com/YGL379ZLCI

Edited by ami1
  • Like 2

+1 by me

good works Ami