Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amarjot

Updated Palm Pre To 1.4.1.1

can someone post link for palm pixi plus 1.3.5.1 bypass rom plz....I couldn't find it on treo8. May be they removed it.

Why don't you use 1.4.1.1 ? Its got REALLY BETTER battery life - mine works for 2 days now !. Links for treo8 bypass roms for 1.4.1.1 are in post no 21 (just a few posts above)

Palm PIXI Plus Verizon 1.40 http://www.treo8.com/down/d/downpage.php?n=1&id=772::1268235483

Palm PIXI Plus Verizon 1.3.5.1 http://www.treo8.com/down/download/view-software-765.html

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

Well, battery life has been good with 1.4.1. Webos is also faster now. But have few issues:

1. Wifi doesn't work

2. I took a backup with prebackup utility before upgrading from 1.3.5.1. I did a restore and looks like it had screwed up my phone now.

I want to degrade it to 1.3.5.1 again....to fix the issues.

Palm PIXI Plus Verizon 1.40  http://www.treo8.com/down/d/downpage.php?n=1&id=772::1268235483

Palm PIXI Plus Verizon 1.3.5.1  http://www.treo8.com/down/download/view-software-765.html 

Neither of the urls work. I think they removed the software :(. Do you have any other link Hitesh?

^ Check the 'data on palm pre' or '3d apps & games' thread - first few pages.

Thanks Amit, but those links are for palm pre. I searched thru treo8, but looks like they removed pixi plus 1.3.5.1 bypass update.

^^^

there is a universal rom at treo8 for palm pixi plus

use that

Thanks Muffy sir. U meant 1.4.5 universal? I tried that as well, but it bricked my phone. So, installed 1.4.1 again. But then, my wifi is broken. It worked fine with 1.3.5.1. I went to linux command line and did search through linux logs, but no trace of any wifi issue. It just says " cannot connect to internet" in /var/log/messages. I searched through other forums, but no luck. I actually use linksys wifi router at home, with WAP2 security enabled. I think changing it to WEP might help, but don't want to, as my connection was hacked using that earlier.

Those who are using Pixi plus, could you please post the output of the command "iptables -L"(command line)? I'm able to connect to my wifi router, but am unable to use internet. Just wanna nail down the root cause.

Hi,

I just got a palm pixi plus (Verizon) from Tushar, the phone is awesome. The only problem I have as of now is not being able to access Apps Central, I used preware for getting some of the apps, it would be great if I could use app central. Currently shows Palm OS 1.4.0. Can anyone guide me on how to bypass the App Centrals profile check or something?

Thanks,

Kashish

^ By App Central I guess you mean "App Catalog" of Palm ?

Even I was not able to get apps from there in the begining but it starts working and now i have downloaded 20-30 apps (the free ones only !) from there.

How it started working is a difficult question since there were a few things that i did after suggestions on the forum and by muffaddal and it started working. I am mentioning them below, see if it helps you:

1. Sign in to your palm profile first before using the app catalog. Run the first use app for this. (if you don't have a palm profile then create one or ask seller if he created one and log into that) You can also check if you login email and password are correct by using this web page:

2. If you have wifi try that as the 1X data is sometimes slow so you need to try it a few times here and there before it works properly. I don't have wifi so many times apps download quits halfway.

3. Don't keep the palm feeds in preware ie you can keep optware precentral etc but uncheck the palm-* ones. Now, this shouldn't really matter as preware and app catalog are different applications, but for some reason in my case it did. Also sometimes i would click on a palm app from preware and it would open app catalog and give weird error messages.

4. Give it a few days and 10-20 tries. It'll start working i think.

If nothing helps, then wait for reply from some of the gurus here.

Also there are very few good apps there which are not available in this topic for download. Just a facebook app and some smaller games - all the big apps are already here and cracked too.

Edited by ami1

Thanks Amit, I will ask Tushar if he has created a profile for me and try these steps and report back here :)

Update - My main issue is that it won't let me create a palm profile! asks me to contact palm support, i tried over wifi too, pl help :)

Edited by kashishd

^ Don't worry even i got some error messages while creating profile for first few times (i also bought the pre from tushar - he wouldn't have created a profile mostly, so you can create a new one for yourself). Then after some time I could log in to the same profile (even though i never got success message while creating profile) So try if you can log in to the email & password you gave while trying to create profile. Also check that your browser etc is working and you are able to access palm.com in the browser.

hi guys, I still haven't been able to create a Palm Profile, but am now faced with a new issue - whenever i try to start a new conversation/compose an sms it gives me the error - template load failed: compose/compose-scene.html; can anyone guide me to the latest/best available ROM for the Pixi Plus (I am using the Verizon version). I will follow the instructions on the forum and also please do mention any precautions - I am using it with TATA (ESN based)

Thank you

there is a pretty simple way to install any rom on palm pre

switch off pre

press volume up button

connect pre to ur pc

u will see a big usb symbol

then just run webos doctor

ur pre will be detected in "bootie mode"..LOL

done

follow instructions and load rom

now if i do the above procedure, would my phone work on reliance or would it be restored to original state???? i am confused as it says it will restore everything....

now if i do the above procedure, would my phone work on reliance or would it be restored to original state???? i am confused as it says it will restore everything....

You have to use a ROM with activation/profile bypass like ROMs from Treo8 - then phone will continue to work on reliance. If you use the official ROMs then you may get stuck at activation step and phone will not work.

Links to various versions of treo8 roms are in the forum - in this thread as well as the 3D apps & games thread and maybe in the Data on palm pre thread.

I am using 1.4.1.1 which works perfectly.

You have to use a ROM with activation/profile bypass like ROMs from Treo8 - then phone will continue to work on reliance. If you use the official ROMs then you may get stuck at activation step and phone will not work.

Links to various versions of treo8 roms are in the forum - in this thread as well as the 3D apps & games thread and maybe in the Data on palm pre thread.

I am using 1.4.1.1 which works perfectly.

Thnx mate

I am getting the palm profile screen after updating to 1.4.1.1 How do i bypass this ? Or do i need to use a rom from treo8 ?

EDIT:

As Muffaddal told me sprint rom won't work on my pre, I've downgraded to 1.4.0 rom from treo8 (linked in the 3D apps topic), so everything works now.

Can i use this rom for 1.4.1.1 (english translated page) - I am asking because it mentions "Mianjiaoguo Standard Edition" so i am worried it might be in chinese.

EDIT 2:

Above ROM works perfectly fine. Didn't even need to enable data again.

:previous::previous::previous:

DO NOT USE THIS ROM....ITS NOT WORKING PROPERLY....USE ROMS POSTED IN POST #21 INSTEAD.....

Edited by mihirf2003

^ Thanks Mihir. Though i have shifted to the new ver2 ROM quite some time back after i messed up my settings after using F105 kernel.

NOW I need a WebOS 1.4.5 ROM from Treo8 etc with bypass. Can someone link to a working 1.4.5 rom ?

I have found some ROMs on treo8 but even after translation i can't make out if it would be ok for my sprint pre. here's the link and another one

Today 3 users using palm pre on WebOS 1.4.1.1 V2 reported SMS problem, sms are truncated 

All three having same PRL same OS and same config done by me,

WebOS 1.0.4 with same prl is not having this issue.

Any one using 1.4.1.1 v2 having this issue ?

Requesting every one to downgrade to Qinray 1.0.4 v3 for sms problem, will try to find whats wrong in with 1.4.1.1 

on Qinray 1.0.4 v3 sms are working perfectly.

After this data and prl need to be done, ping me for that.

http://www.ziddu.com/download/11583087/PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.4_v3_source2.jar.html

Requesting every one to downgrade to Qinray 1.0.4 v3 for sms problem, will try to find whats wrong in with 1.4.1.1

on Qinray 1.0.4 v3 sms are working perfectly.

After this data and prl need to be done, ping me for that.

http://www.ziddu.com...ource2.jar.html

And what we will miss by this downgrade. Are there any features which wouldn't be there in 1.0.4 as compared to 1.4.1.1

Regards

there is not much difference between both, but first current problem is bigger than the features missing ! 

Very strange.

I had been using 1.4.1.1 v2 treo8 for last few months on sprint pre but never had any sms problem. Am on 1.4.5 now.

Hitesh, you may want to check if these guys are sending SMS longer than 140 characters so its getting truncated. By default Pre SMS app doesn't have character count (you can install if from webos quick install > tweaks or a patch from preware ), so even i made that mistake before i started using the character count when i got the pre.

Edited by ami1